3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Factory Sirius Satellite Question!! Help Plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Sirius Satellite Question!! Help Plz

Well hello everyone i have a few questions for you sirius guru's !!

I bought my 06 Mega Used and am not sure if it has Sirius...

The build sheet that the dealer provided me with says it does however i am questioning that....

Its a 6 disc infinity (RBQ i believe), but there is NO roof mounted antenna, and it does not say "sirius" on the receiver anywhere (or even go into "sirius" if i click the mode button).. I would really like to add sirius to the factory stereo, and not go with an aftermarket deck... If it is possible to add sirius does anyone have a source where i may be able to see the prices on adding it on.

Thanks

ADam
Old 12-23-2008, 03:44 PM

I was in the same situation with my '07. Just talk to the dealer and they will let you know if it can be activated.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:48 PM

but there's nothing to activate........... there is NO antenna
Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Most likely the unit is not installed in your truck. The stock Sirius tuner should be located above the glove box. If you remove the glovebox and look up it should be right there. If not, you do not have it. PM SENT!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Mine is located on the roof near the back of the cab...

Does your guy's screen look like this...?

When I took this picture, I was shooting the exhaust brake, but you can see the screen...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I gonna say no antenea no Sirius. But you most likly can install it on your factory radio.It all just plugs into the back,than have it activated. I got all my stuff of ebay for around $120. Install kit and receiver all was brand new. I love it! Good luck.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you have an antenna it should be at the back of the cab like megacabdad said. It will be a fairly flat black plastic piece. If there is nothing on the top of the cab then you are right about no antenna.

If you need to add it, the head unit should be ready to just plug and play. No need for that extra piece to mount. Not sure about the antenna though.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rebel102285
Its a 6 disc infinity (RBQ i believe), but there is NO roof mounted antenna, and it does not say "sirius" on the receiver anywhere (or even go into "sirius" if i click the mode button).. I would really like to add sirius to the factory stereo, and not go with an aftermarket deck... If it is possible to add sirius does anyone have a source where i may be able to see the prices on adding it on.

Thanks

ADam
For trucks with out the full Sirius package from the factory, the RBQ is Satty radio "ready" meaning you can control (change channels; view limited channel info, etc) a Satty radio tuner with the RBQ. You will have to purchase a kit and subscription for the system you want. whichever kit you buy will plug into a roughly square port on the back of the RBQ. I preferred XM prior to the merger and thus went with an XM kit. I purchased it from myxmradiostore.com for about $100. including magnetic mount antenna, satty radio tuner and cable from tuner to RBQ. I run the antenna around the headliner and out the top of the back sliding window. Eventually I will run it out through the third brake lamp lense and permanently mount it, but for three years now has been fine out the window, just have to remember to bring it in prior to running it through a carwash (only 2 or three times a year for my truck).

After you install it the mode button will scroll from satty radio to CD to FM to AM and so on. With the XM direct adapter I can program up to ten satty radio channels on my presets. I don't know why I can't get all twelve but rarely switch between more than five channels on there anyways. You still have all the FM and AM presets available when you switch modes.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have sirius in my truck, but let it lapse and went with a portable unit. I can connect to the factory radio using the AUX port or I can take it with me anywhere. Same goes with things like NAVI, a factory unit would be nice but for half the price I got a Garmin that can update itself plus I can take is car to car. Portability rocks!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:20 AM

OK i just checked and it looks like i have the RAQ not the RBQ if that makes any difference