3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Factory paint blemishes??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory paint blemishes??

Anyone have factory paint blemishes?? I just noticed this one on the front bumper today. Any suggestions?? Take it into the dealership? Its hard to see but its just above and to the right of my reflection. The total size is probably 2" x 2" area. I could have sworn I saw a run in the paint today too.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Take it to the dealer body shop and have them fix it...
Old 05-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by chromegrill
Take it to the dealer body shop and have them fix it...
the fun part of that is I get stuck with no truck for a day or two. Maybe they will give me a super cool neon rental
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 PM

Is it that embossed flame shaped thing or the triangular cloud one?
I'd say ask for another factory painted bumper.
**** it!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by tomm
Is it that embossed flame shaped thing or the triangular cloud one?
I'd say ask for another factory painted bumper.
**** it!
its the flame lookin thing...its not smooth, its embossed
Old 05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Look around in your bed that is where you will find alot of screwups.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:06 PM

it looks to me like it is starting to delaminate...
take it in, the dealer will fix it, plus you will get that kewl neon rental.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:09 PM

it looks to me like it is starting to delaminate...
take it in, the dealer will fix it, plus you will get that kewl neon rental.
IM gonna ***** and complain...maybe they will let me take an extended test drive for the day in somethin new. The dealership I always go to got sold and now my service advisor is gone...a bunch of new people
Old 05-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Just go in and say that it should be repainted, the body shop manager will agree with you, especially on that brand new truck. I painted high end euro cars for 11 years and this would be warrenty work. You don't need to go in with an attitude...
Old 05-11-2006, 04:25 PM

Just go in and say that it should be repainted, the body shop manager will agree with you, especially on that brand new truck. I painted high end euro cars for 11 years and this would be warrenty work. You don't need to go in with an attitude...
i go in with an attitude cause I dont want a neon We will see what they say, im going to wait till next oil change (1000 miles) and have them do it all at the same time
Old 05-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Why won't a neon work? Their not bad little cars. If I hears this once I hear it 20 times a day. I get these guys that come in and demand a free loaner but it must be a truck, they "won't" drive a car. It's only a day or so.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Luke S
Why won't a neon work? Their not bad little cars. If I hears this once I hear it 20 times a day. I get these guys that come in and demand a free loaner but it must be a truck, they "won't" drive a car. It's only a day or so.
cause they SUCK. I had a neon last time my 06 went in and that little thing sucks. The seats are not comfortable, the steering is really tight, its small and it just sucks...did I mention it sucks??

I just dont like the fact Im paying for a $40k truck and getting a $12k neon to putts around in. I do a lot of towing for local dealerships (trades and stuff like that) so time without a truck is time with no income. There no doubt Im not gonna be able to work. Not having my truck for a day or two can cost me $500-600.

Sewell dealerships (local to me) are AWESOME. Your Mercedes breaks down, they bring you the same model mercedes...not a neon. My mom got her acura and when it goes in, she automatically gets a nice acura for a rental. No need to ask for one, no need to complain its a small midget compact and all torn up...its a nice car. If Im payin $40k for a truck, why cant I get the same type replacement?? Its not my fault its going into the shop for the 3rd!! time.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke S
When my truck was stolen, I got an insurance paid rental. But it HAD to be a truck. I can't work out of a neon.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:12 AM

I use to have customers ***** about the "LOANERS" color,size etc.It was a easy fix.We won't loan you one then! No issue now about size,color etc.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hounddog
I use to have customers ***** about the "LOANERS" color,size etc.It was a easy fix.We won't loan you one then! No issue now about size,color etc.
I hear ya, makes me want to leave the business sometimes. Last year the average dealer acording to N.A.D.A. made and average of 1.3% return on investment on their dealership. My family has about $2,500,000 invested in our business and real estate, and the way things are going I'd say we'l' hit that 1.3% mark pretty dang close this year. $32,500! Woopee! We could sell it all, if anyone would buy it, put it in the bank and get more interest than that. I don't know many guys on here that would put up with the headaches we do for $32,500 a year on a 2.5mill investment. I don't know, guess I'm getting bitter? Customers demand the world, but don't want us to make any money.

Quick Reply: Factory paint blemishes??