3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Fact or Fiction - warranty voided

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phabib
Why should the mechanic get shafted? Isn't he/she paid hourly?
They are paid "flat rate" or some people call it "book rate". Yeah, it's hourly, but they are paid only what the book say it "should" take! Sometimes the tech makes boukou bucks and others he gets shafted. Sometimes it evens out, other times it doesn't. Doesn't make it right though.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually have a set of tripple turbo's, Flux sticks with 2 flux capacitors,valvesprings,cam, 5 boxes, 2 extra tires, Hyrdrolic fuel pump run off 220 volts, Nitrous, Propane system, 2 cooling mists, about 50 Hipo stickers, and Diesel Steroids on my truck. I also pull a 10 horse LQ trailer in the mountains with it. Gotta get them horse there fast........

Really, and it dynos at 2000 HP with 3000 ft-lbs of torque....... I can't keep tires on the beast........
Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
I actually have a set of tripple turbo's, Flux sticks with 2 flux capacitors,valvesprings,cam, 5 boxes, 2 extra tires, Hyrdrolic fuel pump run off 220 volts, Nitrous, Propane system, 2 cooling mists, about 50 Hipo stickers, and Diesel Steroids on my truck. I also pull a 10 horse LQ trailer in the mountains with it. Gotta get them horse there fast........

Really, and it dynos at 2000 HP with 3000 ft-lbs of torque....... I can't keep tires on the beast........
Now that is funny
Old 10-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
I was reading on another forum that one of the moderators had the warranty on his truck restricted because of Chrysler monitoring the diesel forums. His sig had all his mods listed for his new truck and had his warranty "voided". It sounds like he was asked to bring his truck by the dealer under some other pretense and he unknowingly complied and was caught.

If Chrysler/Dodge/Cummins is in fact monitoring, we are going to have to be a bit less open as to who we are.
I hope they are looking at these forms!! The 4 generation rams will have 500hp 1000tq with a 7speed Double Overdrive behind a southbend DD hub sprung 3600 spring clutch. Interior better then the rest and we will finaly have the mega longbox. I predict record sales
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
I was reading on another forum that one of the moderators had the warranty on his truck restricted because of Chrysler monitoring the diesel forums. His sig had all his mods listed for his new truck and had his warranty "voided". It sounds like he was asked to bring his truck by the dealer under some other pretense and he unknowingly complied and was caught.

If Chrysler/Dodge/Cummins is in fact monitoring, we are going to have to be a bit less open as to who we are.
I think another tech on the site set him up, he is kinda a big head around that site so i wouldnt be suprised if it was someone he knew. they crazy thing is he too works for DC.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Also, another thing to remember, is that everybody has a story about somebody that had some dealer mess with them and then their tech lied to them and then the tech and the customer got shafted by someone else! Don't believe everything you read on the internet! LOL
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
HOV

Originally Posted by Spooler

Nice setup!

My truck is mostly stock except I turned it into a hybrid... a wind hybrid - it runs off a windwill I bolted to the bed. Really cranks at speed. During hurricanes I hook it up to the city power grid and make $$$
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 AM

Techs been grumbling about flat rate for 50 years.In all honesty the factory is thir BEST customer and most techs come out just fine on flat rate.I heard it for 25 years and for the most part if most would shut up and get productive they make usually a better living then the majority of the customers that are bringing vehicles in.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Out of curiosity, Houndog, are you a dealer tech? I was for nearly 6 years for Dodge, and numerous years for others. I would agree on the "most" part, most technicians, and most repair jobs, but there are some pretty good screwin's as for recall and warranty labor rates. Not all of them, but several.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 AM

What happens if someone trades in a truck that the warrenty has been voided on because the previous owner was caught running a programmer, and you buy the truck not knowing this? are you stuck with a truck with no warrenty?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Yes ! It SHOULD be disclosed at the time of sale though. You could have a leg to stand on as far as getting them to take it back.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 PM

Here is one for you. Not a he said or I know someone.

2003 Mustang GT. I put a NOS kit. Not nawz, haha it was set and tuned for a 175HP shot. Bone stock car other than that. After about 35 +or- bottles I had a fuel filter issue. This caused a major lean cond. and chipped 1 piston and pitted another.

I took the kit off, you couldn't even tell. I pulled into the dealer with a small knock only above 3000RPM. Now mind you I drove this car to and from work for another 3000 miles before ging to the dealer. I just didn't go over 3000RPM. I changed the oil many times also.

I was missing on grommet in the trunk where I ran the line under the car. I also had one spot where the line chaffed (sp) the underside of the car. Other than those two things (which they told me about) you couldn't tell.

Well, one of the techs knew I had been running nitrous and I had seen him out on the town before. I just didn't know he worked at Ford. We never really talked as he ran Honda's. He told Ford about me running it. Because it was a motor issue I had to wait for a Rep to come inspec. the car. He ruled I was using nitrous on the car and my warr. was voided. I told them no, I wasn't. They even anayl. the oil looking for something. In the end, they told me they'd take the motor out and take it back to where ever and fully diss. and inspect. If they found any evid. of nitrous use. I'd be footing the bill on not only the $400 already in scope/inspect fees but for pulling the motor and shipping/inpection too. I paid the $400 and went on my way.

My parents are friends of another Ford dealer owner and when they spoke it turns out the Rep from the 1st dealer didn't void my warr. in the system like he was telling me he did.

The second Ford dealer said they could push a warr motor through for me but it would be the last warr for a motor issue and I'd have to wait 30 days. They needed to make sure the Rep didn't void it at a later date.

After taking everything into consideration (after all it was my fault) I ordered a built long block for $7,000 and pulled and intalled it myself about a week later. I knew what could happen so I paid the pipper.

I then put a supercharger kit and the Nitrous kit back on as well as a full fuel system and some other goodies. She was putting down over 550HP on the SC and 652HP 748TQ with the nitrous. I then busted the tranny. So I put a TKO in. Now I'm running a car with almost a complete new drive train. I even welded the axle tubes to the housing on the rear end. And to be legal I use running a shft loop too. When you put my car in the air you KNEW IT WASN'T STOCK.

One day the car was missing and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. So I took it to the dealer. Took the tech for a ride and within 1 mile his little (actual pretty big computer) said 1 of my clinders was at like 12%. We took it back and it turned out to be a cracked plug (ngk). He warr. it with a motorcraft equiv. and a new coil pack just in case. He then gave me my old coil pack (nothing was wrong with it). And sent me on my way NC.

He and the service writer didn't care what I had on the car. Very mod friendly, they just explained the motor, tranny, fuel system, rear end, etc wouldn't be covered. About six months after that my battery cable came loose and was arc'in and melted my wiring harness. BIG bucks for part and labor. Because I hadn't altered it they warr. that also. Even though it was prob me who didn't tighten the bolt on the terminal. They then called and tried to sell me an ext. warr as my factory one was going to expire in about a month. I had nothing but GREAT service from them.

I'm sure it helped the tech who always worked on my car had a classic mustang with a big *** blower sticking out the hood. So they def. have a lot of room on what they do and don't wanna cover.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:32 PM

I was a tech,shop foreman,booker/dispatcher,service writer and then a service manager.Datsun/Nissan,Cadillac,Olds,Mazda,Isuzu and then a D.C.store.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Doesn't matter what you "claim" to have, they still have to "prove" you have it. As far as you guys know, I'm 6'-5", 200 lb hunk of burning love.....

I met some one trying to pass themself off as you at the last get together,now I know I was Duped.

Bob

Quick Reply: Fact or Fiction - warranty voided