3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Estimated Ship Date

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds about right to me. Mine should be shipping at the end of the month.

-Troy
Old 03-15-2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by trander
Here's what it says, Constructive Placement
When, due to some inability on the part of the consignor or consignee, a car cannot be placed for loading or unloading at a point previously designated by the consignor or consignee it is placed elsewhere. It is then considered as being under Constructive Placement and subject to demurrage, rules and charges, the same as if it were actually placed at the designated point.

Huh????????
As confusing as that sounds, what it PROBABLY means is that it was spotted at a ramp to unload, but they can only unload one car at a time. The UP's work order reporting system in the computer is not very user friendly, and people have been known to put just about anything in there to get it to recognize that a car, is in fact, at a certain location. If I remember right, "Constructive Placement" is usually what shows up after I basically tell the computer "It is too, **** ya!" They do have a button for that on there. Back to the original point though, they just put little ramps between the cars, they can unload 20 cars just as easy as one car. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
James, thanks for the info.

The truck was unloaded 3/14 @ 1702.

I just got a call from the dealer & they are saying it could take up to 6 days for the vehicle to reach the dealership! He also said in the message, that they cannot call the trucking company & place some vehicles ahead of others.

I need to call them & figure out why....At this point, I am thinking it may be a union issue, but I'm not sure.

Tony
Old 03-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Mine was due to ship today.....but I talked to the fleet manager at noon today and he says its still D1 and hasn't shipped as of yet. He said they can be a few days behind.....anyone else run into this?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:47 PM

Well, at least the salesman has learned to be proactive. He actually called the trucking company before I asked about it!

No idea what D1 means. Have you asked the salesman to decipher it? Does he have any idea what it means?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by jrogers
Mine was due to ship today.....but I talked to the fleet manager at noon today and he says its still D1 and hasn't shipped as of yet. He said they can be a few days behind.....anyone else run into this?
jrogers mine is scheduled to be shipped 3/16 and it's still D1 also. D1 means "gateline schedule-scheduled to be built".
Old 03-15-2006, 11:01 PM

Tander
Has your salesperson told you anything promising about it being shipped this week. I think the wait is going to kill me.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 AM

I talked to the salesman, after I posted last night....It could take up to 6 days before the truck could get to the dealership! What kind of crap is this? It took 12 days for the rail car to travel 600-800? miles, now it takes up to 6 days for the truck to move 20 miles?

Is this a union operation? And the american people wonder why the big 3 are having problems? Not trying to start a union-political discussion, just irritated that this is taking SOOOOOO long!

Tony
Old 03-16-2006, 06:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
A watched pot never boils.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by TonyB
Is this a union operation? And the american people wonder why the big 3 are having problems? Not trying to start a union-political discussion, just irritated that this is taking SOOOOOO long!

Tony
Not union, the problem is with our all-American, doing-it-on-their-own, knights of the road truckers. They don't like to take loads where they have to stop more than once, and it may take a while for yours to "percolate" down.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by jrogers
Tander
Has your salesperson told you anything promising about it being shipped this week. I think the wait is going to kill me.
jrogers the only thing my salesman has offered is it will be here this month. I don't think so, it hasn't even been built that I know of. Nobody can tell me when it will be built either. I am trying to be patient.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TonyB
I talked to the salesman, after I posted last night....It could take up to 6 days before the truck could get to the dealership! What kind of crap is this? It took 12 days for the rail car to travel 600-800? miles, now it takes up to 6 days for the truck to move 20 miles?

Tony
Tony my salesman said when mine comes in he will go down to the rail yard and bring it back himself. We'll see.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Trander,
My salesperson is the fleet manager and he is tell me it will be here by the end of the month as well........I am crossing my fingers. I have a new flatbed gooseneck that I have to pick up in Yuma at the end of the month.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 AM

Trander just got of the phone with DC and it was shipped yesterday......they said it was in KZ staus.....give the 800 number I bet yours is shipped as well.........yeppiee
Old 03-16-2006, 01:47 PM

Well, I just confirmed that it is union....local dealer has NO influence; it'll get here when it get's here.

The salesman appears to understand my sense of urgency (no wheels nor truck right now), and he is keeping an eye out for it.

Geico266, yea, a watched pot never boils, but, if you don't watch it enough, how do you know when it boils and is ready for cooking?

Patience is a virtue.

Proejct management is knowing what is going on, when things are supposed to happen, and ensuring things are executing according to plan!

What does this all mean.....GET ME MY TRUCK! NOW!

At least I have some sense of understanding what is going on...no matter how frustrating it is

Tony

Quick Reply: Estimated Ship Date