3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Estimated Ship Date

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It might I went with your basic 3500 4x4 QC Big Horn 6spd in white.....thats about as simple as it gets. I'll keep you posted on what I find out. The dealer is way more helpful than the 800 Dodge line....thats for sure
Old 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, now it's in Alfalfa, Tx. At this rate, so long as it keeps heading west, it could be here Saturday or Sunday, assuming stops in Las Cruces and Tucson.

I called the 800 number: They were useless. At least they noted my displeasure with the dealer.

I was able to get a VIN and a VON, but no rail car ID.

Have to call the sales manager at this point; start working up the food chain.

What a PITA!

Tony
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM

What dealer was this Tony?
Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Here in Tempe.

The salesman is giving me updates; It's just the ETA that worries me. It could be here anytime between Monday & 3/22.

I just spoke with the sales manager & he gave me the same basic story the 800 & salesman did. Not very promising.

I just need to know what's going on, so I can plan accordingly. Selling my truck put the wife & I down to one car. I may have to rent one, until the truck gets here !

Tony
Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 PM

It never ceases to amaze me.....

You call their manager & all of a sudden, here's the info you asked for. So, I got the rail car info:

Arrived ALFALFA, TX 03/09/2006 13:39:00
ETA Industry City Not Visible, State Not Visible 03/13/2006 20:09:00

Not sure what 'ETA Industry' means. The UPRR page does not explain it. From what I've been able to find is that there are 2 rail heads in metro phoenix that transfer to car haulers. But I can't seem to resolve if DC's using those rail heads...yet.

Tony
Old 03-09-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by TonyB
It never ceases to amaze me.....

You call their manager & all of a sudden, here's the info you asked for. So, I got the rail car info:

Arrived ALFALFA, TX 03/09/2006 13:39:00
ETA Industry City Not Visible, State Not Visible 03/13/2006 20:09:00

Not sure what 'ETA Industry' means. The UPRR page does not explain it. From what I've been able to find is that there are 2 rail heads in metro phoenix that transfer to car haulers. But I can't seem to resolve if DC's using those rail heads...yet.

Tony
Industry Track
Track used for serving a particular industry or industries. If there is an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the equipment, the table will display a second line of information. On this line, the event, the road, the location and the date/time information will refer to the equipment's ETA. The load/empty, billed, destination and flat car columns simply repeat the data displayed in the equipment's 1st line of information.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:10 PM

trander,
Can't thank you enough! I really appreciate the link & information!

it lists the ETA 3/13, but no city/state.

Tony
Old 03-10-2006, 12:43 PM

I just talk to DC and they are still saying I'm in D1 and I am on the line.....hopefully they will keep the ship date close and I will see my truck sometime at the end of the month........
Old 03-10-2006, 12:46 PM

trander,
Can't thank you enough! I really appreciate the link & information!

it lists the ETA 3/13, but no city/state.

Tony
Tony you're welcome. I'm just passing along info I learned from other people in the same boat as we are. Enjoy your new truck. Tom.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:46 AM

WOHOOO! The truck is in Tucson, as of midnight! Theoretically, it should be in phoenix today or tomorrow. Then, it'll take another day to get it trucked to the dealer from the rail head, then another 1-2 days to prep.

I should have it my hot little hands by wednesday-thursday!

Tony
Old 03-13-2006, 04:19 PM

Location shows phoenix.

trander, what does "Constructive Placement" mean? Does this indicate it is at the rail head, waiting to be transferred to the car hauler, heading for the dealer?

TIA

Tony
Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Location shows phoenix.

trander, what does "Constructive Placement" mean? Does this indicate it is at the rail head, waiting to be transferred to the car hauler, heading for the dealer?

TIA

Tony
Here's what it says, Constructive Placement
When, due to some inability on the part of the consignor or consignee, a car cannot be placed for loading or unloading at a point previously designated by the consignor or consignee it is placed elsewhere. It is then considered as being under Constructive Placement and subject to demurrage, rules and charges, the same as if it were actually placed at the designated point.

Huh????????
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by trander
Here's what it says, Constructive Placement
When, due to some inability on the part of the consignor or consignee, a car cannot be placed for loading or unloading at a point previously designated by the consignor or consignee it is placed elsewhere. It is then considered as being under Constructive Placement and subject to demurrage, rules and charges, the same as if it were actually placed at the designated point.

Huh????????
Also Demurrage
A charge made on cars or other equipment held by or for consignor or consignee for loading or unloading, for forwarding directions or for any other purpose.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:29 PM

It sounds like they did not have room at the rail head & had to leave the rail car sitting somewhere else in the switch yard.

Why does this feel like it will take 1-2 days to sort out????

Oh, well. I may still get my truck on Saturday.

trander, Thanks again! Helpful, as always!

Tony
Old 03-13-2006, 06:32 PM

It sounds like they did not have room at the rail head & had to leave the rail car sitting somewhere else in the switch yard.

Why does this feel like it will take 1-2 days to sort out????

Oh, well. I may still get my truck on Saturday.

trander, Thanks again! Helpful, as always!

Tony
Tony I wonder if there is a UP person on here who can decode this for us. Hello UP people, are you there?

Quick Reply: Estimated Ship Date