3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emblems

I am thinking about removing the emblems off my truck. Probably leave the cummins badges on. I am looking for a cleaner look. Has anyone done this? If so was it difficult to do, and how does it look? I have a Lone Star Edition so I have plenty to remove. Pictures would be nice.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Chapter President

I personally just bought some badges to customize my rig (tailgate)n, but if you want to remove them get some fishing line and wrap it around and pull in opposite directions then use alcholl or the stuff you buy k from auto zone (bumper sticker remover).
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 AM

I removed mine as well. I had the Big Horn editions, so lots of emblems to remove. My sons wanted me to leave the ram head on the tailgate, which I did. I used heavy duty dental floss to remove the decals, and most of the time, the adhesive would pull right off. Some did not, and it was slow going. Then, to remove the fine layer of adhesive still left, I use a little amount of "OOPS" on a soft, lint free rag and it comes right off. Looks good too. Good Luck.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 PM

I used heavy test fishing line and 3M brand adheasive remover worked great. It comes in a spray can.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 PM

Goo Gone also works. It takes some time if your truck is new. I had mine removed after having the truck for a few days so the adhesive was VERY strong. A hair dryer or heat gun (if you are CAREFUL) will help soften up the adhesive. I them had the whole truck wraped in 3M mylar film.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:08 PM

3m adhesive remover works the best
Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 PM

D.WIGGS,
Please explain "wrapped in 3m mylar?"

'scuse the ignorance.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by rodsram
D.WIGGS,
Please explain "wrapped in 3m mylar?"

'scuse the ignorance.

Thanks
No apologies necessary. 3M Mylar is a film (a couple of mm's thick-maybe 3mm? Not sure) and I first used it on my Lambo (on the front, side sills, mirrors, etc.) to protect aganinst stone chips and bugs. It is AMAZING. No matter what you get on it, some high pressure water takes it all off. With a little soap the thing looks brand new and I don't have to worry about scratches, or things ruining my paint because it's all protected. I would recommend it to ANYONE.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 PM

dhsdodge,

I used the old fashioned method of carefully using a small screwdrive to pry up the emblems. I used a plastic putty knife to keep the opposite end of the emblem from digging into the paint. It's best to remove them when the weather is warm and the sun has heated the emblem. What residue that remains can be safely removed with 3M adhesive remover. Be careful with Goo Gone as it can soften most paints. I tried the fishing line method but didn't have any luck.
I have a Thunder Road model with SLT, 4X4, HEAVY DUTY, etc. on the tail gate and all the crap on the doors and front fender. The only emblem not removed is the one within the grill.
See my photo's on this site for pics of the truck with the emblems gone.
It's not difficult at all but it is time consuming.
Good luck!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dhsdodge, Welcome to DTR!

Please do a search on this subject and you will find dozens of previous threads!! Mine included!

Again Welcome!

P.S. search for debadging

Rick
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 PM

D.Wiggs....All I can say is That is ONE sweet lookin' rig!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbobob
D.Wiggs....All I can say is That is ONE sweet lookin' rig!!
Thanks Turbobob! It's about 65% done!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
No apologies necessary. 3M Mylar is a film (a couple of mm's thick-maybe 3mm? Not sure) and I first used it on my Lambo (on the front, side sills, mirrors, etc.) to protect aganinst stone chips and bugs. It is AMAZING. No matter what you get on it, some high pressure water takes it all off. With a little soap the thing looks brand new and I don't have to worry about scratches, or things ruining my paint because it's all protected. I would recommend it to ANYONE.

D.Wiggs,
do you do the mylar film yourself or did you take it in and get it done.and if im not intruding how much did you pay for it.also you did the whole truck or certain parts.

thanks
krazykiller
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 PM

before afterpresent pic
Old 11-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by krazykiller
D.Wiggs,
do you do the mylar film yourself or did you take it in and get it done.and if im not intruding how much did you pay for it.also you did the whole truck or certain parts.

thanks
krazykiller
You COULD do the Mylar film yourself, but you shouldn't. It really is almost as tough as painting a vehicle. It's better left to a professional. I had the whole truck done and it took 4 guys 10 1/2 hours to do my truck! The price was $8900 out the door!

Quick Reply: Emblems