3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Electric sliding rear window stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:11 AM
EDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric sliding rear window stopped working

My rear power sliding rear window won't close!

I'm hoping it's just a fuse issue, but I seached the owners manual and looked at the fuse panel diagram, and couldn't locate a fuse for the rear slider. Everything else seems to work, power windows, mirrors, sunroof, so I'm stumped. I've searched this site and couldn't find a thread dealing with this problem. Anyone have an idea?

TIA
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 AM
EDR

Bump.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My service manual isn't much better. It does indicate a fuse in the TIPM and a circuit breaker located near the parking brake. One thing I noted is that the drivers door window locks can affect the rear slider as well. It's just a shot in the dark but did you make sure that it isn't locked?
You can use a test lamp to see if you have power to the motor unit. The manual suggests testing for power at the switch. Instructions are kind of general for all the power windows.

Good luck. Keep posting what you find out and we'll keep trying.

Dan
Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
EDR

Thanks Dan!

Thanks for the reply Dan. I was finally able to get it working again.

I had just gotten the truck back from a 10 day trip to the body shop for repair of some self inflicted accident damage when this all happened. I wasn’t looking forward to loosing my truck for another day for a service visit. I tried the window locks as you mentioned, and it didn’t have an affect. I also checked all the under hood fuses and tried all the power circuits and everything seemed to be working.

I did a bit of research yesterday and found a power slider for sale on eBay, with viewable installation instructions. There was no mention of a fuse in the installation instructions, which was pictorial versus written instructions. It did show a fused circuit "#11-30A," but my #11 fuse is only a 10A or 20A.

Anyway, the pictures showed how the window is installed and operates, so I pulled off the rear interior panels enough to access the motor assembly. The wires were pinched behind one of the installation clips, but the wire itself didn’t appear to be exposed, so I didn’t think there was a short. I relocated the wires, played with the connector and then gave the motor a few good smacks with the heel of my palm. I thought I would test the window again before pulling out the test lamp and it started working once again!!

I was so glad to get it working – mainly so I could get it closed in the 100 degree+ heat here in Vegas! I took the truck out for a short trip last night and ended up with a loud rumbling noise in the cab and my AC wasn’t putting out any air. Luckily, I had read on here something about the blend door being a problem for some people. I dropped the blower motor and was able to pull what I think is the broken blend door out the motor opening. It’s a flat panel (10” x 4”) with foam around the outer edge on both sides. The arm that pivots the door was broken off and laying in the fan motor.

I guess I’ll have to visit the dealership for service after all!

Thanks again for checking your manual and for the ideas!!

Elver