3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Electric Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Brake Kit

I have a 2007 2500 CTD. Could someone tell me where to find the connector for the electric brake kit. I have looked everywhere under the dash. The kit says the blue connector is to the left of the steering column near the top of the large connector bracket. I assume that is left as your are sitting in the seat looking at the steering wheel. I found one blue connector but it was square shapped with 2 rows of pins. The connector that was in the truck glove box is retangular with on one row of 4 pins.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 01-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new purchase. Look directly behind the emergency brake pedal and you will see a huge cluster of wires with a white plastic cover over them. Tucked up on the left side of that cover will be the blue connector with 4 pins that you are looking for. Unless they moved ity from 06 to 07 which i doubt, but you never know. Good luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM

here is a pic of the '06

the sad thing is, they may have included the wrong connector in your truck. Look in the storage under the middle seat (front)that is where I found the "real" one for my truck, I dont know what the other one fits.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The "other" connector should be a 4-7 adapter.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Thanks. I found it but it sure was well hidden.

Now I am looking for the block heater plug. I was expecting to see a three prong plug on the left side of the engine. Do you have to buy a Dodge cord that has some kind of special connector?

Tom
Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by nineback
Thanks. I found it but it sure was well hidden.

Now I am looking for the block heater plug. I was expecting to see a three prong plug on the left side of the engine. Do you have to buy a Dodge cord that has some kind of special connector?

Tom

Where do you live? Canadian trucks all come with a block heater and cord. I believe the cord may be an option for US market built trucks. My cord was passenger side, right behind the grill.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:23 PM

If your truck wasn't ordered with the cord, you'll need to buy it and add it yourself. The dealer wants a lot of money for it, but you can get it from Cummins dealers, Geno's Garage, Napa, and others.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:26 PM

I need to buy one. Thanks for the help.

Tom
Old 01-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you order the block heater connector when you order the truck it comes installed for $10.

I just wired up my brake controller today. They moved the plug a little bit for 07... it is in the same genreal area, only up at the top of the large bundle of wires with the white plastic connector. In the picture shown below, it would be at the very top of the picture right behind the bundle of wires, making it very difficult to plug in.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM

I finally found the connector. It was well hidden and you are correct it is hard to plug the cable into it.

I am going to buy a cord for the block heater. I know that cummins has it for around $12 versus $30+ from Dodge. I looked on line but could not find anyone selling the cummins cable via the internet.

Thanks again.

Tom
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM

I have a Prodigy brake box and NAPA has the prewired cable for the Dodge Truck directly to the box if needed. It was around $13.00 didn't have to splice anything, I can get the part number if you need it.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 PM

I used a pre-wired adapter. I just had a hard time finding the connector under the truch dash.

Tom
Old 01-09-2007, 07:26 PM

where are you going to put the booster box?

i put miine in the lower cubby hole love it there
Old 01-09-2007, 07:34 PM

I put it to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. There was an existing screw there that seems to work just fine.

I haven't had the nerve to go pulling hte center console apart to get access to the cubby hole you used. Someone said that you start by taking the rubber cub holders out of the floor mounted console and removing some screws there and then start working your way up the console towards the radio removing pieces.

I just got in my block heater cord and it looks like I have to remove some of the plastice air in-take tubing going to the turbo in order to get to the plug in the block. Nothing is ever simple.

Tom
Old 01-09-2007, 08:06 PM

nope not at all!

Quick Reply: Electric Brake Kit