3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

E rated, or D rated tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also would have to say my 78 chevy 4x4 probably weighs as much as my 06 ctd and probably came sith c rated tires so what should I do.......

run what looks and rides good and does not make a rediculous amount of noise

I am sure that we would have heard of someone failing inspection by now for not running EEEEEEEEEEEEs if that were an issue I am not bashing Es but If I can get a better performace more to my liking with a D I am going to run it

and by the way if your scared go to church
Old 01-04-2007, 01:51 AM

You really think a 78 Chevy 4x4 weighs in at what a Dodge 4x4 diesel does.If I had to guess(and I am) I'd bet a 1000 lb differance (maybe more)at least stock for stock.If a NV5600 6 speed Dodge 4x4 the front half of the Dodge alone would/should have a LOT more weight then a older Chevy V8 4x4. Purley a guess.Cummins and NV5600 alone about 1600lbs .
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 AM

the sheet metal alone is probably at least triple
Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 AM

HeHeHe.That's funny, I don't care who you are. Go to church. Run D's like your common sense tells you nitis. Bottom line is my D is rated to hold more, at less pressure than the E's that came on it. If I ran commercial or hauled HEAVY every day, I would probably put my E's back on. Would they hold more? Not according to what it says right on both tires. This thread has been quite fun. I love my D's as they will carry more than factory E's and ride WWWAAAAYYYYYY better. I guess I'm crazy, I just like a tire that will hold more at max psi and ride 10 times better. I still like and respect all yall that run E's though---HeHeHe!!!! Wish an actual person that was in tire industry would get in on this.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by nelrod
HeHeHe.That's funny, I don't care who you are. Go to church. Run D's like your common sense tells you nitis. Bottom line is my D is rated to hold more, at less pressure than the E's that came on it. If I ran commercial or hauled HEAVY every day, I would probably put my E's back on. Would they hold more? Not according to what it says right on both tires. This thread has been quite fun. I love my D's as they will carry more than factory E's and ride WWWAAAAYYYYYY better. I guess I'm crazy, I just like a tire that will hold more at max psi and ride 10 times better. I still like and respect all yall that run E's though---HeHeHe!!!! Wish an actual person that was in tire industry would get in on this.
I did post on here!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 AM

WAIT A DOGGONE MINUTE. If I put my factory E's back on,------ they are not rated to HOLD AS MUCH MY D's!! I'm scared!! GOTTA GO GOTTA GO!!!!! I'm headed to Church.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 AM

WAIT A DOGGONE MINUTE. If I put my factory E's back on,------ they are not rated to HOLD AS MUCH MY D's!! I'm scared!! GOTTA GO GOTTA GO!!!!! I'm headed to Church.

It's not the weight rating, it's the load rating! you need to have E rated! understand!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 AM

I'll get back with you Rick, right after Church. Yeah, I understand. I understand that for me in MY situation D's are a much smarter choice. Least that's what me and my Tire Dealer figured out. Rick I know you sell tires for a living and know more than us about all of it, and we always appreciate it when an industry professional jumps in, however my setup works great for me, and personally, I think each sitiuation should be evaluated and considered accordingly. Respectfully, Nelrod
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 AM

I'll get back with you Rick, right after Church. Yeah, I understand. I understand that for me in MY situation D's are a much smarter choice. Least that's what me and my Tire Dealer figured out. Rick I know you sell tires for a living and know more than us about all of it, and we always appreciate it when an industry professional jumps in, however my setup works great for me, and personally, I think each sitiuation should be evaluated and considered accordingly. Respectfully, Nelrod

Do you have safety inspection in NC? In PA your truck would fail inspection with D rated tires. You can put stronger tires on but not weaker.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 AM

Sure do and it passed. Imagine that. Bottom line is my D is rated to HOLD MORE WEIGHT than the E's I took off. I know you have nothing to do wiith it, but your industry uses an archaic rating system, I guess from 30 or 40 years ago? Call it an 8 or 10 ply tire when it does not have 8 or 10 plys in it. Oh, but it will hold as much as an actual 8 or 10 ply from 30 years ago. Needs to be revamped. Europe will probably do it for us.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Im just happy I started a thread thats lasted this long . Im getting my Bfs tues, 285 70 17 all terrain ta ko, I hope they look better then the 265s. Anyone have pics of the 285s ?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Buddy, thats what I have they are D (don't tell anyone). They look great, send me a pm of your e-mail and I will try and send you some pics. I need to post some up here.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 AM

pix

Buddy, thats what I have they are D (don't tell anyone). They look great, send me a pm of your e-mail and I will try and send you some pics. I need to post some up here.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:01 PM

I am still waiting to hear from someone who failed inspection never heard of one yet
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by nitis
I am still waiting to hear from someone who failed inspection never heard of one yet
I just failed a guy last week for having P235 on his Ford pickup!

My buddy bought a dually with D's on and I told him he needed to get E's before I would inspect it!

Thers' 2!

Quick Reply: E rated, or D rated tires