3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

DVD/NAV System

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep them coming...
Old 06-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silverdiesel3
I've always love the Pioneers but I just had the Z2 installed and the DVD system and NAV is a piece of POOP!!! Cant Drive and watch a movie. I can only watch a movie why driving under 5mph... Does anyone have a fix for this problem??? I'm switching to Kenwood. If I cant find a fix and yes the cable in grounded, new system has a gyroscope, no way to defeat it yet.. So go for the kenwood or eclipse
someone already said it, but on most of the CD/DVD/MP3 systems with the flipout all you have to do is ground the wire that is supposed to be hooked to the parking brake........or where ever your manual says to wire it to.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 PM

From some reading I had done on the Pioneer Avic-Z2, Silverdiesel3 is correct - it can't be bypassed as of yet. Most other manufacturer's however can be. My Alpine has a goofy sequence between the brake pedal and e-brake pedal but a $65.00 module took care of that for me.

Darren
Old 06-22-2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JWillms81
I installed Pioneers AVIC D3 about 2 months ago and love it. Still havent figured out all the parts to the NAV system but that will come in time. Its a great starter in dash DVD/NAV radio. Here is a picture and if you search alittle you can find my post about the intsall.

JW

that didnt fit right in did it i want a doubled din one like that but didnt know how i would have to mount it.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM

I am in the process of mounting my new pioneer avic-d3. I'll post pics when complete. And no it does'nt just fit right in at all.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3500_CTD
that didnt fit right in did it i want a doubled din one like that but didnt know how i would have to mount it.
I wish it fit right in, me and the dremel had are work cut out for us. Ended up not only having to cut the trim cover but the dash itself beind the cover.

Here is a pic without the trim cover on. To get an idea of how much I had to trim, the screws on the brackets I made are about the height of the old radio.

Here is a pic of the back side of the trim cover so you can also see how much I had to trim.

hope that helps yall out, I posted a thread a while back about the whole install if you want to search for it.
JW
Old 06-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Strokedelky
From some reading I had done on the Pioneer Avic-Z2, Silverdiesel3 is correct - it can't be bypassed as of yet. Most other manufacturer's however can be. My Alpine has a goofy sequence between the brake pedal and e-brake pedal but a $65.00 module took care of that for me.

Darren
I have the W205 sitting on my counter. I also have the pac module to watch dvd while driving. Fixing to order the nav bezel. Have the wiring plugs also. Anything else?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:49 PM

i my self own otherr viechals ,and i have been happy w/alpine easy to use and learn .not so easy to install for the person whos never done one ,its not a regular install. but anyway i have an alpine d310 dvd player in dash w/ the alpine blackbird nav .the blackbird is a stand alone sys (portabale) since alpine makes both pieces you can get a docking station to link them together everthing on the mian screen ,that way wether im out on a job w/ my van i can put the blackbird there (2) let the woman use it in her car ,(3) i put it in the bug rig for when im towing the camper going away i can watch dvd w/ the nav turned on .one plus i liked is that when u set it up like this there is no disk u have to put in like the pioneer ect... a+++ in my book the uniit is expandable too
Old 06-24-2007, 03:21 PM

fordracing19, just a metra install kit unless you already have one or are making your own. Other than that you should be set.

Darren