3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

DVD/NAV System

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There has been much discussion, search on "kenwood" or "pioneer" for starters. "GPS" or "garmin" may also show you some interesting ideas. If you are upgrading from a non nav dash, there is some additional pieces.

Don't want to push you off, but there has been much written and too much to summarize.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I can get a garmin or GPS setup mixed in with my radio stack?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Check out www.crutchfield.com I think their prices are a little high, but it's worth it sometimes. I think just about all of the car audio manufacturers make an all in one radio/dvd/nav system. But if was me, I'd get an Alpine. In fact I know have an Alpine flip up monitor myself. They make a non-flip-up (flat screen) model for 3rd Gens.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Joe T
So I can get a garmin or GPS setup mixed in with my radio stack?
The Kenwood units integrate Garmin software and GPS components with their radio/CD/DVD. I've heard good things about the unit, especially the newest model.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

cool, will it tell me my speed?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Dont buy anything from Sony. Just my opinion. The last two products I bought from them have had problems and all I can get back from them are automated responses. They used to be good, dont know what has happened to their customer service.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by Bark
Dont buy anything from Sony. Just my opinion. The last two products I bought from them have had problems and all I can get back from them are automated responses. They used to be good, dont know what has happened to their customer service.
I'll second this comment when it comes to car audio equipment.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 PM

I installed Pioneers AVIC D3 about 2 months ago and love it. Still havent figured out all the parts to the NAV system but that will come in time. Its a great starter in dash DVD/NAV radio. Here is a picture and if you search alittle you can find my post about the intsall.

JW
Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 PM

I think Pioneer is one of the best combo units. Eclipes has an awsome one out aswell you will pay for both reguardless. I can speak for the eclipse they have a memory system built into them that you can use like a mp3 player as well as nav and dvd. It might be more cost effective to go with a nice fold out dvd/cd/,mp3 and get a set alone gps unit that you can change in and out of different cars. just my 2 cents!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM

I've always love the Pioneers but I just had the Z2 installed and the DVD system and NAV is a piece of POOP!!! Cant Drive and watch a movie. I can only watch a movie why driving under 5mph... Does anyone have a fix for this problem??? I'm switching to Kenwood. If I cant find a fix and yes the cable in grounded, new system has a gyroscope, no way to defeat it yet.. So go for the kenwood or eclipse
Old 06-19-2007, 08:37 PM

dont think this will help but.....

Originally Posted by Silverdiesel3
I've always love the Pioneers but I just had the Z2 installed and the DVD system and NAV is a piece of POOP!!! Cant Drive and watch a movie. I can only watch a movie why driving under 5mph... Does anyone have a fix for this problem??? I'm switching to Kenwood. If I cant find a fix and yes the cable in grounded, new system has a gyroscope, no way to defeat it yet.. So go for the kenwood or eclipse

I have a clarion in my mega and it has a flip switch installed to make the truck thinks its in park. It is possible for you to do it may have to go to s stereo shop to get it done oh
Old 06-19-2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silverdiesel3
Didnt hear anything about a gyroscope on the new ones.... The guys who installed my D2 just grounded the brake wire and I can watch movies and use the nav at the same time.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:21 PM

oh yeah... if I was you, Id skip all the BS of a navigation system and get a laptop mount and a laptop. 15" screen, DVD player, Microsoft Streets GPS, MP3's and anything you could want for under $1000. If I had to do it again, theres no way I would do a nav system. Id do a carputer but thats a bit of work.

Quick Reply: DVD/NAV System