3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

DualComp Bedliners vs. Rhino Lining

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DualComp Bedliners vs. Rhino Lining

hey,

Whats better the Dualcomp bedliners or the rhino lining (spray on). The dualcomp costs half of the spray-on but it didnt say if it was a good water resistant bedliner. I know the spray-on is really good, its doesn't leak water, better than the plastic bedliners and Rhino lining gives a warraty says if it does ANYTHING to the trucks bed they will replace the whole bed for free. What do you guys think?

Ryan
Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 PM

I don't have a spray on, I opted for a factory liner. My biggest question was, the factory liner resists denting to the bed, it absorbs most of the blow before the bed. I wasn't convinced that a spray could do the same. Just my 2 cents.

dan
Old 06-13-2005, 10:08 PM

I just purchased a Dual-comp liner from Truckadons.com. They were the cheapest I found. Alot of sites that carry this liner have a 2 minute or so movie clip about it. I liked how the sides and front are made of the hard plastic, and have the molded in channels for a 2x4 to keep stuff from sliding. I had hard plastic liners in my past couple of trucks, and me personally, I liked them, but I hated having to crawl on those things when you have to get something near the front of the bed, my knees cry for a half hr when all is done!! I also like the fact with the Dual comp's, how the bottom is a thick rubber mat, that you can take out when you might want to inspect the original bed, and also help things from sliding all over. The movie clips show how good that works.

Hopefully I'll be getting mine any day. I'll post another reply after it's installed to give you's another heads up. All in all, its buyers personal choice, I just felt like a change.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 PM

My .02:

Drop-in Bedliner
Cheaper
Can be removed to put in another truck
Is easy to install
Has a slippery surface so items can be slid in and out easier
Has a slippery surface so things slide around while driving
Liner moves on truck bed when driving causing the paint to be rubbed off truck bed
Moisture collects under liner due to condensation and/or rain and combined with rubbed off paint causes rusting of truck bed and rails

Spray-in Bedliner
More expensive, but most have a lifetime repair of chips for free
Very durable
Is permanently installed, so it can't be moved to another truck
Rhinoliner must be installed by a professional
Some liners can be painted on by a do-it-yourselfer (these normally are not as durable)
Protects bed from rusting
Some spray-ins are soft and some are hard
Usually softer liners prevent things from sliding around bed
Harder spray-ins are similar to drop-in bedliner for ease of loading and unloading
Some do-it-yourself spray-in/paint-ons have grit/sand in the paint making it very rough like sandpaper and it wears off like sandpaper wears.

There are probably some other points, but that's the major differences.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:48 AM

Dangit.. now you guys have me thinking of going the dual comp way, and I was so set on the spray in.. but the dualcomp looks sweet...
Scott
Old 06-14-2005, 03:00 AM

How many drop in liners have you seen on the side of the road?

How many spray in liners have you seen on the side of the road?

Enough said!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:27 AM

Man, those Dualcomps do look nice. I have a gallon of Durabak sitting in my storage unit waiting to be sprayed on, but now I'm thinking I might save it for the rocker panels! I like the rubber mat bottom of that dualcomp A LOT. Anyone that has one have any pictures? The pictures on truckaddons aren't the best

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2005, 10:32 AM

Try going to Cabellas.com and go to their truck access. section. They have some pics and a movie clip. You can also GOOGLE a search for dual comp liners, and youll get a few sites with different pics and clips. Good luck
Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 AM

I have been looking at the bed rug liner.

www.bedrug.com

Still weighing the options of which to choose.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:34 AM

by the sound of this, a bedrug might be nice, from cabella site "Wise BedRugs®
Prevent unsightly scratches and dings to the bed of your pickup as well as your cargo with this easy-to-install cushioned all-weather carpeting. The dense pile of the BedRugs® withstands seasons of use and promotes a non-slip surface to prevent sliding loads. It also adds cushioning to shield your cargo from the bumps and jolts of the road, and it is the perfect finishing touch for a truck with a topper or Tonneau cover. Carpeting is easily cleaned with a hose, pressure washer, vacuum or broom and is unaffected by gas, oils, chemicals and even battery acid. The closed-cell polyethylene base won't absorb liquids or moisture, while the polyester fiber surface remains resilient to stains, rot and mildew. Warranted for as long as you own your truck. The molded sidewalls conform to factory wheel wells, tie-downs and two-tier loading capabilities, while the unique floor and tailgate connection gives you a one-piece liner for easier loading and unloading of heavy items.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:11 PM

That pretty much sums it up Stateline. It is still a drop-in liner though and I think the best would be sprayed & drop-in. What I don't like about sprayed is that they spray up and over the tailgate section along with the front rail section. If you tell them NOT to do that and only spray up to the top, they (at least around here) will not warranty it against chips or peeling. I, myself, would like to put top bed rails around the complete box (front, sides, tailgate) and it will not stay on the sprayed stuff. With the bed rug, it only goes up to the top allowing rails all around. Plus, it looks really cool being a rug instead of sprayed stuff. I like how it is molded for the bed slates on the bottom so it doesn't scratch your bed also.

I have asked for a sample but for the price (under $ 350 or so), it might just beat out a sprayed in liner. I don't haul a lot in the back bed so it might fit me perfectly.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:57 PM

ok, This is a question for the people with the dual comp bedliner or for the people who know the answer. Say I go and get some mulch and i go to shovel it out of the bed. This is with the dual comp. What if i accidently dig into the rubber mat on the bottom. Will it make in hole or like a indent in the rubber mat?

Ryan
Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get line-x or Rhino spray in liner, you will not regret spending the extra money - they are so tough, look great, and will not slide around and rust your bed out..
Old 06-17-2005, 12:45 PM

Go for the spray in liner; I have the Rhino liner and never have to worry about what I'm putting in my bed b/c of it's durability.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:28 PM

I put the Line-X in mine..... don't like what the drop in do the the bed of the truck, and it adds to re-sale value down the road

Quick Reply: DualComp Bedliners vs. Rhino Lining