3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dual Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Climate Control

though not a CTD owner yet, i hope to be soon - this forum is an incredible source of information - so thanks!

i did a search on this topic, but didn't see anything in the archives. i'm looking at a new 2500 laramie with the dual zone climate control and am a little disappointed in the layout of this particular feature, but have never used it myself so wanted to gauge the response from those that have.

most dual-zone systems work with a digital read-out that actually *controls* the "climate" in the vehicle at a given setting (70 degrees for example). I can't tell from the controls if the 2500 has this capability or not. in other words, is this simply a dual zone version of regular a/c or does the system actually allow you to set the temperature at a given point for each zone and then automatically monitor and adjust as necessary?

i'm wondering if the 2005 will move to a digital control. i just saw the commercial for the new sierra 1500 (can't get the duramax in that though) that has a much better system.

any help is appreciated...thanks!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:41 PM
db

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's totally manual & simply like the single zone exept there's a left side and a right side. No electronics at all---(just the way I like it )

It works great and keeps me nice & cool while the wifie gets to stay as toasty as she wants. Once each side is set to each of your likeings-- there's little adjustment neccessary to keep comfy.

Get the butt butt warmers too! There also "dual control".

have fun - db