3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dodge Tow Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Tow Vehicles

Ok gang<br><br>Been on the road since Dec. 28th, moving North from Oregon to Seattle area for late Xmas and just watching what the tow rigs are.<br><br>Been in the South country for about a week now, awaiting an RV part, from all places, Portland, Or. (where I just left from!)<br><br>But, from my watching, I would say I have seen 60% Dodge Cummins, 30% Ferd 7.3 and 10% Duramax.<br><br>And, it seems everywhere we go, there is people wanting to check out the 2003!<br><br>Some places I have had them come 2 and 3 at a time and want to check her out, and listen to it and open the hood etc.<br><br>It is almost becoming a pain!<br><br>Many of the &quot;older generation&quot; travelers&quot; have not seen the 2003 and their eyes light up like lanterns when I fire her up!<br><br>Funny, we visit friends in various parks here in Yuma, and they flag you over when they see it. Where have they been hiding? caves?<br><br>Glad to show her off, but sooner or later everyone will have seen one, won't they?<br><br>Hunter<br><br>
Old 01-15-2003, 12:31 PM

Re:Dodge Tow Vehicles

Hunter,<br>Daisy is such a great looking truck, folks want to check her out just because. Have patience. Just think what will happen when the weather gets warmer and more folks head out on the road. The first thing my uncle did when arriving at the house was stop before he went inside and check out my truck. They are rolling magnets.<br><br>Jean
Old 01-15-2003, 06:45 PM

Hunter,<br> Man am I disapointed in you You go and buy a big, rugged 4x4 and then hightail to it South when the snows hit <br><br>Hope you had a good trip and I agree with you except the Ferds were a pain because they just had to pass me no matter what the situation was. &gt; Somehow I guess that made them feel better. Latter,<br><br>The Boss Hog<br>warm and comfortable in the South ;D
Old 01-16-2003, 12:24 AM

Well Boss<br><br>I did have one &quot;incident&quot; and not tooooooo proud of it from the profession I came from :-(<br><br>An Idaho 2nd Gen pulled up beside me at a light (my luck) and just kinda gave me a &quot;snicker&quot; and a little lip rise, if you can imagine. <br><br>And he was a young guy, not sure what he is doing in Yuma, the geriatric capital of America, but<br><br>He stomped it, apparently a bombed truck, it snorted and sounded like crap (to me) he had a 4&quot; exhaust, and it blew out black smoke, and I cruised by that poor boy by a lot. Well, he was left in the dust of a 2003<br><br>He mighta missed a gear, and at the next light he gave me &quot;the look&quot;, but, by then I was giving my rear view &quot;the look&quot; for Yumas finest (with a sheepish grin)<br><br>Even outta the business for a few years, feel guilty about breaking the Motor Vehicle Code I enforced so long, butllllllllll<br><br>I did show the youngster a thing or two! :-)<br><br>Hunter<br>