3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: What level of education have you completed?
Graduate School (MS/MA/MBA, Phd etc.)
9.17%
College Graduate (BS, BA, etc.)
30.00%
Technical School (AAS, etc.)
31.67%
High School/GED
25.83%
Did not complete High School/GED
3.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Dodge- Official Truck of the American Redneck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it is one of the few trucks you don't see lowered, Not sure that there are any Rednecks with a lowered hoopty, hoop. Not that I am against it, its your truck, but buy a car for petes sake. made for pullin, 4x4, and throwing your dead animals in the back of.

Like somebody said HI Tech Redneck
Old 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Well I drive A truck with 7" stacks, chew, carry a knife or leatherman everywhere I go, love the smell of my mule, wish I could marry my mule, dropped out of college after I ran out of beer. And wear the same boots I clean stalls with to work. So I sure hope I am a redneck because I like all this stuff.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 PM

no hills where i live, so i guess i am a redneck. finished hs and have 15 hours, so far.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Well I drive A truck with 7" stacks, chew, carry a knife or leatherman everywhere I go, love the smell of my mule, wish I could marry my mule, dropped out of college after I ran out of beer. And wear the same boots I clean stalls with to work. So I sure hope I am a redneck because I like all this stuff.

We have a winner!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM

Redneck= Conservative overachiever

Came from an Alabama town of less than 500 people. Finished high school, married,joined military,got out after 8 years. Worked 2 full time jobs for 10 years to support family, learned everything I could along the way. Worked hard to have my military experience recognized by civilian authorities. Couldn't find a job so started business, worked by butt off & grew business to 75 employees. Sold for high 7 fiqures & retired @ 48. Set up wife & all the kids and now work because I want to. I would rather sit in the woods with a good dog than sit at Starbucks & discuss levels of education. It's all what is inside a person not what some University tries to teach.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mizzu
I would rather sit in the woods with a good dog than sit at Starbucks & discuss levels of education. It's all what is inside a person not what some University tries to teach.
Ditto!
Took 7 hours and told them to shove it! I failed in 4 business ventures and finally hit on one that is working GREAT!!! I have built it up over the last 5 years and the last 2 I have matured and stabilize it... I love watching and listening to the "Elite" people in the community talking down their nose at me and then seeing their faces when they find out that I am 33 and work 4 half days a week and have just about everything I have paid for. What is really fun is after they know that... Ask them questions...
I am not better than anyone... I just work hard and love life... call me a redneck if ya want!

OG
Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by drakeslayer
I feel I'm a redneck but not sure I'm qualified...However I have been known to hang my waders on the front porch to dry...
If you only own one pair of waders, you're definitely a bigger redneck than me. I own (count 'em) two pairs of waders...1) a pair of Corona flip-flops and 2) a pair of cut-off jeans. I don't see how you can do any significant wading without both. I guess I just like the finer things.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 AM

Hillbilly, redneck, both probably apply. I'm sure alot of folk would say, like was said before that education=intelligence, but in my experience, ain't necessarily so. My dad, who's been a truck driver and diesel mechanic his entire life is without a doubt the most intelligent man I've ever known. Well, almost, cause he does drive a Chevy
Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 PM

Does hanging out in uni bars stalking young naive medical students qualify as a higher education....

Old 08-25-2006, 04:51 PM

B-Man- Don't know if it counts, but if it does, I figure I have at least a masters degree!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:04 PM

I can say that I would be called a hillbilly, redneck or hick any day over anyone calling me a yuppie any day!Those a are pretty much fighting words. I guess we hillbillies should be politically correct and refer to ourselves as Appalchian Americans!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:19 PM

I wouldn't call myself a redneck. Just a black man who likes big trucks. It doesn't make a big difference to me what they call me LOL.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any one ever heard of the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo (DNFR) and who sponsers a lot of team ropings and 90% of the rodeos around? and what do have of the horse towing people chose to drive its usally a split 50/50 half drive fords half drive dodges hardley ever see chevy or gmc around the ropings n rodeos.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kinda rednecky here I guess. I'm in the south, and I like my ctd's. I have a bachelor's in information systems, but I don't really use my degree. In fact, lately I've been working for a buddy of mine doing some mechanical-type stuff, such as working on a bulldozer, a volvo box truck, a mazda protege, a '74 ford dump truck, etc. I like working with computers too, but I hate being trapped in an office. I'd rather mess with cars and engage in epic battles with the wasp nests I find in those cars than be stuck in one place all the time.

I speak neckese, and I speak correct English too. In fact, I almost got a degree in English-the foreign language requirement did me in. Well, that and the fact that I would prefer to not have to eat cat food when I retire, so a bachelor's in English was out.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Chapter President

Redneck....hey, did somebody call for me? How many times I have been called that at work, when I tell them how I fixed/made something at home or some idea on something to make. My summer clothing is this, cutoff tshirts(sleeves) which are bought at the goodwill for next to nothing. I wear either bibs or a few pair of jeans I own(4 jeans,5 bibs) two pairs which are held together by old jeans from my kids(outgrown) which my wife cuts into patches and then sews in over the holes in my jeans, not actually over, inside...well anyhow. One pair of jeans, my favorite pair, my wife has said this is the last time she is fixin them. Can't put my wallet in the right rear pocket anymore, cause it might fall out....so move the wallet to the left when I wear those.

My boots, as someone else mentioned are the ones I clean the barn with, walk through the field, etc. Then wear them to work, how many times I have been working on a cadillac and smell goat poop only to find I have transported a smashed blob on the bottom of my boot to the shop. Laugh about it with the guys, tell them, " I thought I smelled something this mornin' when the heater was on!!" Then flick it off my boot in there stall!!! I have almost as many trailers as cars, my hobbies are garden tractor restorations, farm tractors as soon as I can afford one to fix. I chew Kodiak, no there ain't no spit down the side of my truck but I do have a bottle behind the seat I keep for spittin' in. It's empty now, but has been up to almost halfway when I pitched it in the trash. I have a bbq grill made out of an old hot water heater...homemade and one of the things I was called redneck about! My John Deere hat is so worn and tattered in the front that the white plastic from the bill is showing, just have to trim the long strands hanging down, just don't want to get rid of it.....you know how long it takes to get that bill shaped just right!!!

My wife keeps tellin me that we should really take the Christmas lights down off the fence in the front field. I finally told her that it was to late to do it now, it was August so we might as well leave them up cause it's so close. I have my hat(not ball cap) in the truck at all times and a resistol in the house in it's box for going out. Three pairs of boots, going out boots, one pair of good going out wranglers, shirts(2). Along with my hat in the truck is my rope. Sometimes you got to round up a goat and don't feel like tricking them into the barn, throw a rope around them!! Although I had to catch a kid the other day for deworming and was running up hill after her when I threw the lasso around her neck, that was fun!! YEEEE HAWWW!! I relax by.....watching my goats and all their antics and our Great pyrennes who is a big baby, great dog though, would not trade her for anything. I prefer old Cash, Bill Monroe and any type of bluegrass, old country. I listen to AM 650 most of the time...just love the sound of some old country music on the am radio.

As you can see by my post if I ran into you I could talk your ear off with the best of them. My buddies at work have "Grandfathered" me in to the good ol' boy club, said I have been here long enough and seem more redneck than most natural born southerners......see I'm originally from western......new york. Halfway between Rochester and Buffalo. NOOOOO I have not been to new york city, never want to go. I was about an hour from the Canadian border and the falls. Dairy country where I grew up, great rolling hills and fields, hunting, fishing, it was nice, but now the taxes up there are killing most folks........so do I qualify as a redneck?

Our instructor at the GM school here said that his Grandma said that if you go to college your no longer a hillbilly, you then become a Mountain William, that's a hillbilly with an education. I think he was originally out from around Knoxville.

Quick Reply: Dodge- Official Truck of the American Redneck?