3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

dodge love it or leave it

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dodge love it or leave it

after reading the post on tdr, about how bad a dodge ctd is . i wish they would Trade there ctd and go get them something elese . i love my ctd and would not have any thing eles . if you do not like our trucks, go get something eles and comeplan about what a pos you have now that you have it . some people would not be happy if you gave them the world i for one am tired of hearing it . sorry had to vent. robbie
Old 03-09-2005, 02:00 AM

Yeah man what he said
OK, I'm done
Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Tire Hater

I hate my Dodge. I hear them Ferd boys are making 600whp and getting 35mpg, and I'm stuck with this paint-can shaker pushing 400 and I only get 17.5mpg unloaded on the highway.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 AM

One thing I have learned from some owners, they will gripe about their truck....no matter what brand they own......I learned this as an owner of Brand X during the past 3 years while visiting numerous forums. Once I got to the point of being disatisfied with my previous truck, I went on the hunt for a new vehicle, evaluated them all and found my present day truck, which IMO, without doubt or reservation, is the best one overall on the market today. I absolutely love it........I have had it just shy of a year now.

I couldn't agree more with fountain1fan. If someone is that unhappy with their truck, stop griping and do something about it.

2004.5 CTD, DRW, 4X4.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:37 AM

You'll also see those that complain so much about them oftem go through new vehicles every 2 yrs or so. Most of them are the "I WONNA BE LIKE THE JONES" with the mini van, now SUV wife who says "look honey Bob just got a new truck, can we get one too".
Old 03-09-2005, 04:25 PM

I second that brother !!! It annoys me to death to read endless rants and whining on what a p.o.s they have and expecting a car like ride out of the baddest trucks on the road !!!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:14 PM

I don't even look at the TDR anymore after being a member for almost 10 years. It used to be just a rag... It was great back then.
I traded my '95 reg cab auto for a '98 12v with 5spd and 4.10 along with a club cab, not because I didn't like the '95. Then I traded the '98 with 89k miles on it for a '01.5 for the long bed to accomodate our 5th wheel, not because I didn't like the '98. Then I traded it for the '03 for four properly opening doors and a quieter Cummins. It was a fantastic truck except for the annoying vibration. After almost two years of waiting for a fix and none in sight, I decided to give the Hemi a try. So far it's doing fantastic towing and working hard during the week. The only thing I'd trade it for is another Cummins powered Ram without the vibration option. Can't say I hated any of them. The '03 had to go after 44k miles of vibrations. But I'd rather have a Ram with a Hemi than a Ford with a Po'SD. My actions back up my words.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:12 PM

I kinda agree but sometimes you gotta look at it from other peoples perspective. I have my own shop and enjoy working on my truck. But if I was a regular 9-5 Joe who didn't know anything about auto & truck repair I might be a little more upset. I might have had to bring my truck back 3 or 4 times for warranty work already. I'd rather just fix things myself than deal with dropping my truck off and dealing with some Idiot service writer. Not everyone can do that.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I've had every truck (real trucks, not those foreign tinker toys) on the road from the 6.0 psd to the duramax, they all have their perks but for all out pulling power and longevity the cummins wins. I'm self employed and have several types of trucks when I want to haul something of extremes I fire up the cummins, When I'm going to a meeting and looking for style I'd fire up a duramax. And for the room and comfort the Ford. When the day is done I still drive home the Cummins....
Old 03-09-2005, 07:31 PM

wow, where in amelia do you live?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

At the nissan frontier forum, there are a few that whine constantly about their trucks. bad gas milage, lack of power, bad LSD systems. But there are alot more people that have accepted 17 mpg highway from a mini truck. and have fixed the rest of the problems.
My point, every truck has its problems, every manufacture makes lemons, every other manufacture has its benefits.
The only problem I have with a CTD is I dont have one yet...
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 PM

New Member Here...First Reply...

First two fillups (from half full) I got 19,4 mpg. Then I put fuel condition/injector cleaner in and for two more tanks got 16+ mpg. Then this last tank filled from 1/4 full I got 20.4! It was from half highway and half in town driving. Also the computer said I was getting 16.4 mpg. Go Figure
Old 03-09-2005, 08:53 PM

Let them go buy one of those DISPOSABLE 6.0 Fords and see how far they get..

DODGE OR NOTHIN
Old 03-10-2005, 05:39 AM

i have had my 600 CTD for just shy of one year and the only issue i have had is the miss/stumble that was cured with a reflash.i wouldnt trade this truck for any other diesel or for that matter a gasser,foreign or domestic.diesel prices would have to triple before i would even consider parking it.sell it? not a chance. i love passing people on the highway with this truck as it has so much go power that you just leave them in the dust....and as for any engine mods,waiting for the warranty to expire before i start playing.

04.5 600 CTD 6sp 3500 SRW LWB 4x4 atlantic blue quad cab SLT
Old 03-10-2005, 12:26 PM

ditto on the positive responses.

The CTD is the better motor and dodge does not make a bad truck, some are lemons and that situation is OFTEN aggrivated to extremes with poor response by may dealers and DC in general. The poor response by the MFGR is apparently the standard with ANY vehicle MFGR.

I love the CTD and even if I have to bring it in to the shop a few times I wouldn't trade it for another - I think it looks way better than the FERD and ESPECIALLY the new Chebbys. It will outperform them in the reliability and mileage depts.

My$0.02

Eric

Quick Reply: dodge love it or leave it