3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dodge 3500 CTD made in Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge 3500 CTD made in Mexico?

I was wondering if the Dodge 3500 CTD are made in Mexico, If so are they producing any here in the USA?

Thanks Michigan Steve
Old 12-02-2003, 12:27 PM

Re:Dodge 3500 CTD made in Mexico?

Mine was made in Mexico. I've heard that all 3500's were made in Mexico, but I don't know if that's true.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:00 PM

My understanding is that most all of Dodge's Heavy Duty series trucks are made in Mexico. I was told by someone this year that some 4x2's are made over in St Louis, MO.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the replies, this might stop me from buying a Dodge. I know some of the Fords and Chevy are made in either Mexico or Canada. I like the Dodge CTD over the other diesels, but I don't like the fact that it is not american made. I may have to look at Toyota and Nissan, because I believe they are both made here. The only problem is they don't make a heavy enough truck for my use.
I have heard a lot of slamming on japanese trucks, but how come nobody says anything about a Dodge made in Mexico?

Your comments please Michigan Steve.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was made in St. Louis .
Old 12-02-2003, 01:23 PM

Steve: While researching prior to my purchase of my dodge I found quite a bit of information as well as comparisons by users of the trucks made at the Mexican plant and the US plant. It ran very heavily in favour of trucks coming out of Mexico having the better build / less problems. I can't find any of the data I used in researching, guess I deleted it when I was convinced. Mine is a Mexican Dodge and it speaks english very well
Old 12-02-2003, 01:44 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't think there is such a thing as an American made vehicle any more. American ASSEMBLED maybe at the most, but take a look at where all the componants come from. All over the world. All surveys I have seen have rated the Mexican built vehicles as better quality than the US made. My truck was built in Mexico and so far I have had none of the problems that I hear others have had. My biggest complaint is the extraordinary soft paint. So it is nice to be patriotic for buying purposes, but in reality I don't think that it applies any more.
Take a look at where your stereo, microwave etc was made.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Banned

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=17;threadid=23160;start=0#msg217082 date=1070394251]
I don't think there is such a thing as an American made vehicle any more. American ASSEMBLED maybe at the most, but take a look at where all the componants come from. All over the world. All surveys I have seen have rated the Mexican built vehicles as better quality than the US made. My truck was built in Mexico and so far I have had none of the problems that I hear others have had. My biggest complaint is the extraordinary soft paint. So it is nice to be patriotic for buying purposes, but in reality I don't think that it applies any more.
Take a look at where your stereo, microwave etc was made.
[/quote]

Also wonder where the 6.0 PSD is forged/built? ???
Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 PM

You both make good points, the quality of the Mexico assembled truck may be higher, it really bothers me. I have two foreign vehicles now, one assembled in USA, and the other in Japan.
I have bought based on quality in the past, but when my son was deployed to Iraq and I saw the hate of the rest of the world toward the US after 9/11, I must say I see things differently now. I think it is time to boycott all non-US products. It is time to pull in our ties from overseas. I think we need to send a message to the automakers about where they do business.
I have children and grandchildren to think about. Where will they work, and will they have a safe place to live.
I think the "Big Three" need a wake-up call.
Thanks, Michigan Steve
Old 12-02-2003, 02:07 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Michigan Steve, don't want to start a war here but how do you propose to give the big three a wake up call? By not purchasing a truck made in Mexico? Playing the devils advocate, so you instead buy something that is supposedly made in the US. But take a look at the foreign content of EVERYTHING you buy these days. Remember, the manufactures are in business to make a profit. If 100% of whatever you buy is manufactured and assembled in the US the cost would be prohibitive. Then who would buy that product? Still you? You can't prohibit foreign made stuff coming into the country either. If you could, (proteciveism?) guess how many of the 'common' people would scream?
I buy quality, the best bang for my buck. I now drive a Japanese car (Infiniti I30) and a Mexican made truck. Sorry, but I can't find this quality in an American made product. Wish I could. Unfortunately, times are a'changin. And not always for the good.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I appreciate your patriotism, I agree with what my buddy Mexstan said.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:28 PM

Also wonder where the 6.0 PSD is forged/built? ???
My 2001 F250 was built in Louisville, KY and I think they still are.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:33 PM

Mexstan,

Thanks for the reply, no need to worry about making a war. I agree with what you have said, except for the needed wake up call to the big three. I live in GM country, many relatives and nieghbors work for GM, I hear from them buy American, yet so many of the vehicles they make are made elsewhere.
You are right things are changing, I hope everybody is aware of the current changes. I will have to consider the Dodge being made in Mexico as to whether to buy it or not.

Thanks again for your response, Michigan Steve
Old 12-02-2003, 02:37 PM

Michigan Steve, just noticed that in your signature that you already drive not one, but TWO foreign made vehicles. Why are these vehicles not American made if you are so concerned about buying a Mexican made truck?

Quick Reply: Dodge 3500 CTD made in Mexico?