3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Do you hear a whistle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you hear a whistle?

Funny thing today. Iwas heading out to the ranch and when I got there I though my fan unit was going bad. When I had the A/C full with drawing the outside air settings, my fan was whistling. I changed the setting to re-circulate, the whistle was gone. HMMMM. When I got to the house, i popped the hood and cranked the A/C to draw the outside air, well, when I shut the door it started to whistle. I opened the door it quit whistling. So, I got outside of the vehicle and low and behold, the whistle was coming from my door handle! I mean it was WHISTLING! Well, what I did, was remove the door handle and put in some weather stripping. Whistle gone. I never heard of this before. Sorry for the long detail. So, if you hear a whistle when you got the fan @ full, check it out. WEIRD.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say that your truck is too air tight and the air had to get out somewhere and the handle was the weakest sealing point.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I know it is my quietest RAM I have ever owned (a diesel on top of it). I never ran the A/C full, or when I did I had my tunes playing. With the wife in the car and everything needing to be mellow, I guess it was my first time to notice the sound. I also thought about it being really sealed in the cab and that it was the only quickest way out. But, no whisttle no more.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Mine did that, but only for one day when I was in Wisconsin. Turn air on, LOUD whistle, but open a window, and it stops. Hit recirculate, and it stops. The truck hasn't done it since.