3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Do '06 headlights/foglights blind other drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddybauer1
I get flashed all the time at night, and i dont have fog lights, it doesnt seem to matter if I am hauling a trailer or not, I think the headlights are aimed to high from the factory
Look, we have tall trucks. People in little compact cars sit so much lower they're going to get light shined in their faces. Not my problem...
Old 09-12-2006, 11:49 AM

Here is a note of advice to running lights that get you flashed by others for being too bright.

I am a former deputy. I can tell you that one of the top reasons for pulling someone over at night is failure to dim lights when they approach oncoming traffic. It is a good way to find a drunk driver.

My advice is that if you have a had a few beers and you are headed home from your favorite watering hole, don't run your fogs or any lights that would be considered too bright by oncoming traffic. I am in no way supporting drinking and driving, just offering advice as to how not to draw more attention to yourself then needed.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:50 PM

In some states it is illegal to run your fog lights and driving lights at the same time, unless of course there is actual fog.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:58 PM

So, does anyone have a quick primer on adjusting the headlights? I have been flashed a few times as well.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Has anybody upgraded their halogens to Xenon bulbs?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mike B
Has anybody upgraded their halogens to Xenon bulbs?
go back and read my previous post
Old 09-12-2006, 04:10 PM

I'll be trying these in the near future
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H13.asp
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MX429
Here is a note of advice to running lights that get you flashed by others for being too bright.

I am a former deputy. I can tell you that one of the top reasons for pulling someone over at night is failure to dim lights when they approach oncoming traffic. It is a good way to find a drunk driver.

My advice is that if you have a had a few beers and you are headed home from your favorite watering hole, don't run your fogs or any lights that would be considered too bright by oncoming traffic. I am in no way supporting drinking and driving, just offering advice as to how not to draw more attention to yourself then needed.
What the.............???? Personally, I hope all the drunks draw as much attention to themselves as possible. I'd prefer that my family didn't become a statistic.

And, back to the subject.............I too was under the impression that these were "driving" lights, not "fog" lights. The headlights on our 2006 Megacab aren't any better than my 1987 Ford unless you turn the "driving" lights on..........or whatever you want to call them. We just returned from a 600 mile trip (driving primarily at night) and nobody seemed to care that we had them on.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Herrin811
go back and read my previous post
I did your previous post, I think you and I are talking about 2 different types of bulbs. From what I read, you are speaking of halogen types of bulbs which have a tinted glass, typically blue in color. The bulbs I am speaking of runs a Xenon gas inside of the bulb and is charged by external ballasts, which is commonly found on high end vehicles i.e. Ferrari, Lexus, Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, etc.

I know for other vehicles, for example a Honda, a conversion kit would run as low as 450.00 and up to 800.00 and are typically available through mail order only.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mike B
I did your previous post, I think you and I are talking about 2 different types of bulbs. From what I read, you are speaking of halogen types of bulbs which have a tinted glass, typically blue in color. The bulbs I am speaking of runs a Xenon gas inside of the bulb and is charged by external ballasts, which is commonly found on high end vehicles i.e. Ferrari, Lexus, Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, etc.

I know for other vehicles, for example a Honda, a conversion kit would run as low as 450.00 and up to 800.00 and are typically available through mail order only.

No, actualy; Streetglows and Nokyas are xenon gas charged bulbs...Same old 12V system, but the xenon gas allows the filament to burn hotter, causing a higher (whiter) color temp...Yes they also tint their bulbs.....You are refering to HID systems, and those are a whole different deal...
Old 09-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate those "fog lights", mostly for show, and usually out of adjustment, shining in my eyes. I flash my airplane landing lights, does the trick, they probably see spots in front of their eyes for a week.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run my fog lights all the time too. When my truck was stock they didn't bother anyone. Since I lifted it I get flashed a few times here and there. If their too bright - you're too low. Not my problem. Same thing goes for the idiot in a riceburner who decides to pull out in front of me one day and I drive over him. One of the reasons I drive a truck is so I don't die in an accident.

And that drunk driving moron better have a flashing neon sign instead of fog lights.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM

With the H13 Silverstar situtation, mine are suposed to be here tomorrow at noon and I will install them asap. They were kind of hard to find(O' Rileys) but i think it will be worth it. Also they are more expensive than their 9007 counterparts. The new ones are almost $25 a pop, but well worth it.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM

Just put the hella kit from mopar on my 05, seems as bright as my low beams, havent adjusted them yet, but theyre aimed at the pavement, but seem just as bright as the low beams, but not blinding at all.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:37 AM

I just put regular 9007 silverstars in mine. Is that bad?

Quick Reply: Do '06 headlights/foglights blind other drivers?