3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Diesel Boycott 4/1/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Boycott 4/1/08

Hey all. I heard that the truckers are planning a boycott of diesel fuel on 4/1/08. Nobody buys diesel for a day. If enough people do it, maybe it will get noticed.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:38 PM

I'm in. The local truckers here in Pittsburgh Pa had a day here this week where they parked their trucks and didn't buy any fuel.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:41 PM

I'm in. It can't hurt.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Sounds good to me. It can't hurt
Old 03-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Not a good date for a boycott. Thats April Fools Day. Most people will take this thread as a joke.

Marshall
Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 PM

to me it's a stupid idea everyone is going to buy more fuel the next day fuel companies are not going to flinch over a days fuel buying they look at the big picture. now if you want to do something that might work try boycotting one oil supply like shell/ Exxon or one of the few major companies. if enough people stop buying fuel from one company they will lower prices to try to compete. hopefully it will spark some price reductions
Old 03-29-2008, 04:10 PM

I bought a commuter and boycott diesel 28 days a month.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:18 PM

I've heard that before in an e-mail about not buying from Exxon. The only flaw in that is that Exxon sells fuel to alot of different suppliers. I'm not sure if we quit buying from them that it will hurt them. They still sell alot of fuel to other stations.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:43 PM

And aircraft, trains, fed-ex, ups, dhl, the military, etc. are not going to stop business for 1 day. The general idea is good, but it is only going to make a small dent in the total picture.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anything done is 100 percent better than just going on down the trail like cattle to the slaughter as we have been if nobody tries i PROMISE YOU NOTHING will change. If we do try will it work maybe- did we learn how to fix/mod or improve these trucks by sitting on the couch doing nothing ????????????????????????

Did this country become free and great by our predecessors sitting on their hind ends NO they got up and fought for their freedom.

If we continue to do the exact same thing (just keep digging deeper and paying more) we will continue to get the same results.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by rattlerbob5.9
Anything done is 100 percent better than just going on down the trail like cattle to the slaughter as we have been if nobody tries i PROMISE YOU NOTHING will change. If we do try will it work maybe- did we learn how to fix/mod or improve these trucks by sitting on the couch doing nothing ????????????????????????

Did this country become free and great by our predecessors sitting on their hind ends NO they got up and fought for their freedom.

If we continue to do the exact same thing we will continue to get the same results.
agreed, but this kind of thing gets talked about every time fuel prices get high, and the bottom line is that everyone will buy their fuel the day before or the day after. if the same amount of fuel is purchased, how does that affect the supply, or the oil companies' bottom line? people are just looking to talk tough, with that whole 'we're gonna show those oil companies that they can't push us around' thing, then show them by forking over the same $100 for fuel- the day before or the day after the 'boycott'. something real that you can do, is to say that you are going to drive your truck 100 miles less per month, therefore actually purchasing less fuel, therefore decreasing demand and putting less of your hard earned money into the oil companies' pockets.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by bj-666
to me it's a stupid idea everyone is going to buy more fuel the next day fuel companies are not going to flinch over a days fuel buying they look at the big picture. now if you want to do something that might work try boycotting one oil supply like shell/ Exxon or one of the few major companies. if enough people stop buying fuel from one company they will lower prices to try to compete. hopefully it will spark some price reductions
I'm with you. Not buying fuel for one day and thinking it will do anything but cause you to have to buy fuel on another day is ludicrous.
Now not driving for a week could make a difference but it would take a very large percentage of the people to make a difference.
The key is to reduce demand and cause a glut in storage.
This email that's been floating around is just laughable.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:48 PM

Here in Canada there was an email going around a while back about not buying fuel or gas from Petro-Can (govm't associated company) for a week. Sounded like a good idea, so I stopped buying from them. i think if you could get enough people on the bandwagon country wide, you might be able to affect them enough to take notice.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by rattlerbob5.9

If we continue to do the exact same thing (just keep digging deeper and paying more) we will continue to get the same results.
I agree 100%.
If we really want to have an impact we should get truckers, diesel pickups, farm tractors, everyone how drives a diesel vehicle. Set a date and drive to Washington DC. Clog the streets and commerce, I guarantee you will get more attention. Maybe even get them politician to pull their hands out of the lobbiest pockets for a while and think about what's really happening in the USA.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Unfortunately none of this will really make a difference at all, at least not one that would really matter to the oil companies. Oil is a commodity that is traded worldwide, that is why the price per barrel has been rising lately, thank your wall street and worldwide traders for jacking up barrel prices that in turn raises the fuel cost. And yes I realize there are also other things that drive up the fuel price, but this has been one of the bigger one's lately.

Quick Reply: Diesel Boycott 4/1/08