3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Denver off road bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denver off road bumper

Anyone have a picture of their bumpers? Really interested in the alum bumper. THANKS!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Ive been interested in this bumper for a while but havent seen anything on an 06.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Aluminum, but not Denver Off-Road. It's made by Exelaguard. I modified it a bit for personnel requirements:

Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.aliarc.com/

Try these guys. I have a friend who has hit more then a few deer/elk/ moose with these bumbers and has been able to drive away. The latest hit is a small pickup truck head on. And still the bumper did it's job.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:00 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Sorry no pic and mine is an 01 too. However I can say mine has been on for over 150k and looks as good as it did the day I put it on. I would highly recommend one. Laynes workmanship is great. He hand makes each one. Several times I have been driving down the road and been flagged down. Thinking there is some sort of problem pull over only to find out they want to know where I got the bumper. I think if you give Layne a call he might be able to email you a picture.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM

My coworkers aliarc hit a deer at 75. Protected the truck but the bumber and mounts are now trash. Aluminum is light, but for over a grand I would want my bumper to sustain many hits.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by megafast
My coworkers aliarc hit a deer at 75. Protected the truck but the bumber and mounts are now trash. Aluminum is light, but for over a grand I would want my bumper to sustain many hits.
Aliarc is famous for only protecting the truck once....sometimes....and gets trashed itself at the same time. I've looked closely at their workmanship. It seems that they put their efforts into their big rig bumpers and have left their pickup bumpers lacking in design, workmanship, and strength.

Sorry to those that own one, I will never.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why go alum? One hit and the bumper is trash.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The point of the Ali Arc is to protect your front end from severe damage and be light enough to not hinder your load capacity.
I would rather spend $1000 for a new bumper that protected the front end then pay $4000 in damges if it wasnt there. The nice thing about the Ali Arc is it gives when it is suppose to.
I know guys around here that swear by them. Just for the fact that they do what they are suppose to do. Protect the front end with a lightly built bumper.
The People I know who have had accidents with their drove away with very little damage to the bumpers.

Every situation is different as is the application that one wants.
Personally I cannot see installing a 300lb bumper on the front end of the truck that is already taxed on the weight it is carrying up there.

Mind you I have been looking at some steel bumpers lately that look good and also functional with out sacrificing the heavy weight load that most have.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
Why go alum? One hit and the bumper is trash.
My aluminum bumper on my '98 survived 1 cow moose, 2 deer, and 1 Hyundai. The biggest repair done out of all incidents was rewelding a cracked driving light mount. Following is a pic after all incidents occured. Does it look trashed???

Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 03 ant a hemi
The point of the Ali Arc is to protect your front end from severe damage and be light enough to not hinder your load capacity.
I would rather spend $1000 for a new bumper that protected the front end then pay $4000 in damges if it wasnt there. The nice thing about the Ali Arc is it gives when it is suppose to.
I know guys around here that swear by them. Just for the fact that they do what they are suppose to do. Protect the front end with a lightly built bumper.
The People I know who have had accidents with their drove away with very little damage to the bumpers.

Every situation is different as is the application that one wants.
Personally I cannot see installing a 300lb bumper on the front end of the truck that is already taxed on the weight it is carrying up there.

Mind you I have been looking at some steel bumpers lately that look good and also functional with out sacrificing the heavy weight load that most have.

That's why I went with the Excelaguard on my 2007. Just over 100 lbs. in weight, under $2000 spent, will save my truck from front end repairs from just about anything, and I'll likely never have to replace it.....ever.

One of the biggest beefs I have about Ali-Arc bumpers is their design or lack thereof rather. They don't match the factory profile of the truck and don't drop low enough and in my opinion, leave the lower rad, intercooler, etc. hanging out the bottom unprotected.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Looks like you have a good bumper. But if you hit an Elk or big Muley at speed it will be trashed.JMHO.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
Looks like you have a good bumper. But if you hit an Elk or big Muley at speed it will be trashed.JMHO.

Well, common sense would suggest one should attempt to slow down of course.

Btw, cow moose around here generally outweigh most bull elk.

Of course, hitting anything 60 or 70 mph is going to sustain damage. There isn't a bumper made (for pickups or OTR trucks) that wouldn't. Sometimes, one cannot get completely stopped for whatever the circumstance - mine is for those times.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

I'm aware of the weight of a cow moose, and how tall they can be. Your lucky the body of the Moose didn't visit you through the windshield or end up on your hood. I've seen a Bull Elk and a Hereford Bull (2200lbs) almost destroy a steel bumper. I still stand by my claims.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 PM

I have not disagreed othewise.

Quick Reply: Denver off road bumper