3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Debadge Or Not?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I like the badges myself. Especially the "C" Cummins one. When you're sitting at the red light and feeling the stares of admiration and envy from all around the little chrome "C" just seems to put an exclamation point on the fact that you are driving a TRUCK and all the other schlubs at the redlight are driving trucks. Or is that just me?
I'd rather leave them wondering why that knocking, smoking, big ole truck just ran off and left them.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 PM

I heard that but the manual trans impedes my jump off the line so, unfortunately, I gotta pretend I'm just too dåmm cool to race
Old 12-23-2006, 04:05 AM

I do like the badging on the 03 and up, however I do not like the 07's billboards. They went to two giant hunks of plastic instead of lettering. I think I will have mine ordered without them installed. My dealer stated that it was possible to have the truck ordered without badging.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 AM

Lightbulb

Bigred01 ~> glad you like it.

Originally Posted by TX_Diesel
Dane,

where do you have the room to put the Laptop? You have it linked into the stock stereo system? Sounds cool, got any pics?
It fits perfectly snug in the center console: This is the view from the back seat (which is HUGE in the MegaCab!). I could secure it with the center seatbelt or another console wrap, but haven't needed to as yet. Currently it is connected to the (stock) 6-disc in-dash, 7-speaker Infinity sound system via FM transmitter. These are available via USB (which I'm using) or 3.5mm jack. Next step, if/when I upgrade the stock system, I'll be looking for direct cable connection and surround sound.
This seems to me to be the ideal consolidated solution for DVD/MP3/GPS, etc.,. 100Gb, 17" monitor, etc.,! I specifically wanted the Laramie but without the DVD and GPS systems. Add DRW, 6-spd, 4x4, sunroof, anti-spin diff, etc., to the selection criteria and the available rigs became very few and far between. Anyways - I came out way ahead $$-wise and performance-wise this way. No integrated tiny screens that are expensive (impossible?) to upgrade. I'd be surprised if more peeps did not implement a notebook/laptop in their rigs.

Cheers,
Dane
Old 12-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I heard that but the manual trans impedes my jump off the line so, unfortunately, I gotta pretend I'm just too dåmm cool to race
I'm right there w/ ya
Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 AM

I'll be repainting my truck in the spring, all the badges and decals are coming off. If you don't know what it is...you don't need to know.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:20 PM

any black megas??
Old 12-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ram1999
I'll be repainting my truck in the spring, all the badges and decals are coming off. If you don't know what it is...you don't need to know.
My only question to eveybody contemplating de-badging just so that the other drivers around WON'T know what they are looking at is this..."If you are anybody that knows ANYTHING about trucks...or just vehicles in general...how can you NOT tell that the vehicle idling/revving next to you is a diesel just by removing the badges?" Ya'll know what I mean? I can see debadging a gasser or something like that to make it seem more "discreet", but why, unless you simply don't like the badges on the vehicle, take them off to try and hide something that sounds like it is ready to pull the guy next to you to the next red light?

Derek
Old 12-27-2006, 12:13 PM

Well, I did it, I debadged most of my truck. I took off the "bighorn edition" off of the sides, the everything off of the tailgate except the ram head. I didn't get the "ram 2500" off of the doors before I took it in for the perma plating but the dealer said I could take it off after the plating and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Man the tailgate looks good. It is sooooo clean looking.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Chapter President

i was thinking about leaving the ram 3500 on mine but painting them like the body color or black or somthing...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bigred01
What is the best glue remover that is not too harsh on the paint. I am going to try the fishing line thing then some sort of glue remover.
I waited 4 yrs to debadge mine.... maybe that's why 20 lb fishing line kept breaking. 50 lb works great.
To remove the glue...use a hard eraser. Body shops have a rotary drill eraser head that takes everything off...about 2 min per badge!

RJ
Old 12-27-2006, 05:37 PM

I actually used a heat gun and the thick parth of the glue came right off with the badge (used plastic putty knives) and pulled right off. the rest of the glue I used heat gun and plastic putty knives to get most of it off, then I used a petroleum based rubber rejuvinator/ adhesive remover we have at work. Worked great then used the new turtle wax swirl and scratch remover to buff out little blemishes. (this inferno red scratches like butter)

You wouldn't even know the badges were there

Thanks guys for all your help, I will post pics as soon as I get my truck back and some pictures taken.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Ditch 'em.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:19 PM

On the 05's are all the badges just glued? I tried to remove them once before and it seemed hard, like they might be riveted or something... They're all coming off, but that big bad C on the front fenders. I also had seen a pretty nice looking "Cummins Powered" emblem I might get for the lower right hand corner of the tail-gait, if I can find it that is.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:09 PM

Here's My truck Debadged the second day I had it. Now for black wheels and getting some Black candy powdercoat on the bumpers!

Quick Reply: Debadge Or Not?????