3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Debadge Or Not?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm certainly in the minority..... I added badges. Motorcycle guys would only understand. We are always adding chrome and stuff to our cruisers.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
I'm certainly in the minority..... I added badges. Motorcycle guys would only understand. We are always adding chrome and stuff to our cruisers.
I'm just not a chrome kinda person. I couldn't ever bring myself to put any on my bike.

Michael
Old 12-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
I'm considering going with a Bushwacker Extend-a-Fender
SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

I understand keeping the truck clean w/ bigger wheels/tires, but they just look so much better (to me) without flares

glad to hear you're doing good. I make it down to Corpus every now and then w/ work. I'll be down there on the 27th. wanna grab lunch?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:39 AM

No double sided tape needed. The vinyl itself is adhesive.

Head over to any sticker/graphics/sign shop in Austin and they will take care of it. Mine was $20 installed here in San Antonio, took him about 10 minutes total.

If you've got a light colored truck...it makes a big difference. It's less noticable on the darker colors, obviously, because it doesn't contrast as much.

If you are ever in S.A., let me know and I'll give you the name/number of the place who did mine.
Shawn,

thanks for the great info, I will be in SA next week, in fact I bought my truck at Fiesta there on Bandera road. I'm getting the windows tinted and bedliner sparyed in. I would love to check out the vinyl thing in more detail, especailly if it's only $20.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

I understand keeping the truck clean w/ bigger wheels/tires, but they just look so much better (to me) without flares

glad to hear you're doing good. I make it down to Corpus every now and then w/ work. I'll be down there on the 27th. wanna grab lunch?
If you look in the background in my pic, you'll see the beach.

I've been doing a LOT of surf fishing here on Padre Island National Seashore (Aka - Big Shell). If you've ever been down there during the summer or when the sand is torn up, you know it can be 60miles of hell trying to get through that powdery sand. So, I got a wider tire and added a few inches to the ground clearance. Since I did that, when driving through that sand/shell, I've been getting all kinds of nicks/dings on my rockers from the tires throwing them out. I'd much rather have the look of the flares then all of the nicks on the bottom. The flares can get knicked up all they want...it will still look clean. Not to mention all of the shells that come up and hit my mirror, my doors (no nicks yet, luckily), and all of the sand that ends up in the bed of my truck on all of my gear.

For what it's worth, they'll be white if I get 'em. This is how I hope the truck ends up (photoshopped the Banks Sidewinder truck, blacked out B-Pillar, black wheels 20" Weld Velociti, and changed it from red to white):

It's either those, or the PW flares...but I don't think the PW flares give enough coverage.

We'll see...I'm spending cash on other things at the moment so I'll be flare-less for a while

Check your PM.

SQ
Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Loco.Breath....

I am not a big fan of 2wd drive trucks or the Mega Duallys. But DANG your truck looks nice. You may have changed my mind. Sweet looking ride.

You need to come to our next N.Texas get together.
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm just waiting to hear where the next N.Texas meet will be.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bigred01
Does anyone have an 06 debadged Inferno Red??? If not, maybe I'll be the first
Here's my '07:

Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 PM

If you look in the background in my pic, you'll see the beach.

I've been doing a LOT of surf fishing here on Padre Island National Seashore (Aka - Big Shell). If you've ever been down there during the summer or when the sand is torn up, you know it can be 60miles of hell trying to get through that powdery sand. So, I got a wider tire and added a few inches to the ground clearance. Since I did that, when driving through that sand/shell, I've been getting all kinds of nicks/dings on my rockers from the tires throwing them out. I'd much rather have the look of the flares then all of the nicks on the bottom. The flares can get knicked up all they want...it will still look clean. Not to mention all of the shells that come up and hit my mirror, my doors (no nicks yet, luckily), and all of the sand that ends up in the bed of my truck on all of my gear.

For what it's worth, they'll be white if I get 'em. This is how I hope the truck ends up (photoshopped the Banks Sidewinder truck, blacked out B-Pillar, black wheels 20" Weld Velociti, and changed it from red to white):

It's either those, or the PW flares...but I don't think the PW flares give enough coverage.

We'll see...I'm spending cash on other things at the moment so I'll be flare-less for a while

Check your PM.

SQ

Could just get the rockers sprayed with bed liner, should be able to match the white too
Just another option....
Old 12-22-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Could just get the rockers sprayed with bed liner, should be able to match the white too
Just another option....
white bedliner stains big time, well at least my buddies truck did. he did the whole thing white, one mudhole later and it looked tan!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigredBCS
white bedliner stains big time, well at least my buddies truck did. he did the whole thing white, one mudhole later and it looked tan!
What liner was it?

But yeah, I guess thats not a great color to line the rockers with...
And two tone wouldnt look good either.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned

you guys should think about selling all your badges!youd make a killin!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:20 PM

Dane,

Ultra clean bad **** truck. Just showed the wife and debadging shal commence sometime in the next week. I will leave the cummins 'C' and the ram head on the tailgate.

I think I'll put on your rear fenders and order the extra set of wheels for the back just like yours. lol

Just kidding, I really like DRW but I don't have the room or need for one......yet
Old 12-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Thanks guys,

keep the pics coming, I am really liking all the debadged trucks. What is the best glue remover that is not too harsh on the paint. I am going to try the fishing line thing then some sort of glue remover.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 PM

Dane,

where do you have the room to put the Laptop? You have it linked into the stock stereo system? Sounds cool, got any pics?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 PM

I like the badges myself. Especially the "C" Cummins one. When you're sitting at the red light and feeling the stares of admiration and envy from all around the little chrome "C" just seems to put an exclamation point on the fact that you are driving a TRUCK and all the other schlubs at the redlight are driving trucks. Or is that just me?

Quick Reply: Debadge Or Not?????