3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer Wants my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
the registration also went down to $428 this year!
Geez, I registered my truck with 5 ton plates, switched my title and driver's license over out of Pennsylvania, and walked out with enough cash out of the $150 I took in with me to buy a burger and put half a tank of fuel in the truck.

I keep getting letters from the Dodge dealers around here wanting my 07 Silverado Classic on trade. I finally wrote a nasty letter and sent it to the dealer named in the letter (it actually comes out of Detroit area) explaining how they will have to contact Nationwide Insurance to find it, and it will take some doing to get all of it, and that even if they offered to trade straight up for my current truck, they would not get me into one of the new turds they have on their lot.

A week later I got the same thing, from the same place, but it had another dealer's name in it.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scot pa
A week later I got the same thing, from the same place, but it had another dealer's name in it.
There is some master list provided by a marketing group I think. Because that happened to me too (taken off the nearest dealer but now getting letters from dealers a few miles further away). Next time you get one of those letter, look at the very bottom fine print and fine out what marketing agency is named. Call them up and ask to be removed from their database altogether. I seem to recall "the black book" or something similar was the encompassing program.

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
And my registration is only $70 a year here in TX!! I feel sorry for you Cali guys
Umhmm, mine went down the last year or two as well. It was nice
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shorts
There is some master list provided by a marketing group I think. Because that happened to me too (taken off the nearest dealer but now getting letters from dealers a few miles further away). Next time you get one of those letter, look at the very bottom fine print and fine out what marketing agency is named. Call them up and ask to be removed from their database altogether. I seem to recall "the black book" or something similar was the encompassing program.
I think it comes from Corporate. There wasn't an ad agency name in it.

Umhmm, mine went down the last year or two as well. It was nice
Mine went down last year as well. Living in Frontier county, I think they just give you an ag plate instead of a commercial. $35, no weight limit, if I can GVWR it I can haul it.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM

$433 for the tags on my '06 but I also have personalized plates which add $78, also the fun of a smog check again. They also tack on $204 for a "weight fee". I get the letters as well, but they've all wanted my '03 which I traded in to get this '06, lol.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
$384 for my '07. Our total fees include the weight fee.
Anybody coming into California needs to get it weighed at a public scale. Remember to go in on fumes,minus the spare and tailgate. That's the weight fee you'll live with from now on.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Danderson
$384 for my '07. Our total fees include the weight fee.
Anybody coming into California needs to get it weighed at a public scale. Remember to go in on fumes,minus the spare and tailgate. That's the weight fee you'll live with from now on.
I'd go minus seats, stereo, and anything else I could temporarily remove.