3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer says no more Mega Cabs!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
mechanic at my dealer told me same thing. but he said none in 08
Old 09-28-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I got my MegaCab when I did if that is a true story. My local dealership cannot keep the MegaCabs on the lot, go out as fast as they get them in, SRW's or Duallys. Lots of Quad Cabs with longbeds sitting there and not moving. If Dodge discontinues the Mega Cabs they just might be cutting off their nose to spite their face. Tons of them on the roads here in New Mexico.

CD
Old 09-29-2007, 12:25 AM

I can see them doing it. Not that i want to see them do it. But from a financial point of view. Right now they have the regular, quad and Mega's. I can see them going to a regular, extended, and crew cab like all the other OEM's. I think the mega and quad are just a little too close in likeness. I believe many think the quad is too small for a 4 door truck and the Mega is too big.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 AM

Take a look at this...

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html
Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 AM

Thats what I've been hearing around town too and the truck in the the second picture sure looks like a reg.crewcab. The roof line doesn't follow under the cover very well...Glad I ordered one already!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:16 AM

Sorry took so long to respond had to leave town for a couple of days....He said that they were going to make the crew cab so people could order it with a long bed...But like many of you have already said this did come out of a salesmans mouth!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 AM

it would be a mistake for Dodge to walkaway from the MegaCab. when toyota offered their new tundra sales suffered because dealers did not have enough crewmax's on dealers lots. toyota shifted production away from their other cab configurations to the crewmax and now their sales are improving. '

the only way i could see Dodge eliminating the MegaCab would be if the new truck due the end of next year had a much larger quad cab configuration thereby eliminating the need for a MegaCab. the last thing Dodge and the other domestic automakers want to do is hand the oversize cab market over to toyota. there is a demand for these cab configurations so lets hope at least Dodge keeps filling it.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:02 AM

Megacab with long bed....problem solved!

Dodge...you listening?????
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 AM

Best thing Dodge can do is to make a True Crew cab with a long bed. The Mega cab is nice, but the bed is too small.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
TAS

A couple of months ago (when I was shopping for mine) I asked why Dodge didn't offer a regular crew cab like Ford or Chevy. I was told that Dodge had to get a new frame approved by the govt. Don't know if it was BS or not but that's what he said. Dodge used to offer a full crew cab back in the day. I guess they just didn't see a need to continue it (until now).
Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still think they will ditch the current Quad cab for a bigger cab and still keep the Mega's they would be stupid to ditch it.......I see more megas then quadcabs anymore
Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm thinking that years ago marketing wanted a bigger club cab to fight off the competition but could not make a business case for the investment. Someone (a bean counter perhaps) came up with the idea of trying the concept out by cobbling together existing parts (frames engines drive trains, safety testing) with a relatively small investment in extending the cab and see if enough customers would come. They built the mega cab and enough of us bought it and liked it. I suspect the concept went back into product planning and the drawing board and obtained additional development funds so by 2009 we may have an improved version, i.e. a slightly shorter cab and long bed, not that they did not get it right in the first place. That cab is spacious.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bhaugen
The Mega cab is nice, but the bed is too small.
It all depends on what you want, my bed works out great for me.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
It all depends on what you want, my bed works out great for me.

I will second that, with two dogs, three kids and a fishing buisness cab space is what I am after, the most that goes in the back is a Harley or a quad..... Maybe some dirt for the wifes yard stuff.... Everything else is on a trailer getting pulled......
Old 10-01-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm kind of glad that Dodge is going with a normal sized crew cab now. The quad cab is too small and the mega cab is too big. That is what kept me from buying a Ram (as show by my reg date ). I will consider buying a ram if that happens

Quick Reply: Dealer says no more Mega Cabs!!!!