3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer refuses to log 70mph vibe complaint

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealer refuses to log 70mph vibe complaint

I dropped my truck off at the dealer today (DEALER NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR) for an oil change. I also brought a printout of the 18-037-04 TSB with me as I want it applied.

I had a $49.95 oil change coupon mailed to me by the dealer I purchased from. I asked when I made the appt if they would honor it and they said they would. The service writer complained about it but typed in that amount on the work order.

He was oblivious as to what the TSB was. I simply told him I had white smoke on cold startup and poor fuel mileage which he dutifully typed into the work order. He asked if he could keep the printout of the TSB to give to the tech. I happily agreed.

So far, so good. Next, I told him that I had a vibration at 70mph. He interrupted me before I could even finish the sentence. He said that neither he nor his techs are allowed to drive the truck over 65mph and there would be no way to confirm my complaint. I have seen this on other posts and thought it was ludicrous. Now it has happened to me.

What now? Is this DC's way of avoiding the problem? Do I have to find a dealer along a stretch of freeway that has posted 70mph speed limits? This is stupid . . .

Neil

Please do not list the dealer name in the posts when making a complaint. This leaves the site owners open for legal action and we can't have that. Thanks, Joel
Old 12-10-2004, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell them then at 65 and up....it starts to vibrate.

These dealers are SOOOOOO darn stupid.

Its money in they pockets and in the tech's pocket to get simple work like this done. They don't even need to really to diagnose anything.......they have the TSB in front of their faces.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:01 PM

They don't even need to really to diagnose anything.......they have the TSB in front of their faces.
I agree about the stupid part.

But, the TSB I referenced is for the white smoke/fuel mileage. They performed that (at least they said they did).

I don't believe there's a TSB yet (will there ever be?) for the 70mph vibe. I just wanted to get on record in the computer with a complaint. I didn't have time when I picked up the truck to start escalation to the SM. I only have 10k on the clock. So, there's plenty of time.

Neil
Old 12-11-2004, 06:56 AM

Then again its not D.C. Its a RUDE service ADVISOR.All he had to do as he is SUPPOSE to is type in the complaint and go from there.REAL simple is instead of starting a argument.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:12 PM

Please do not list the dealer name in the posts when making a complaint. This leaves the site owners open for legal action and we can't have that. Thanks, Joel
Sorry. Didn't know of that policy.

So, today I get a phone call from someone following up on my "service experience". I gave them a "1" rating and an earful about my experience. We'll see if I get any followup . . .

I plan to email Chrysler's customer assistance website to establish my complaint about the vibe. Does anyone know of any other way to log an issue with them?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Banned

Yah sounds like you ran into a real treat of a service writer go to a different dealer and don't go back to that one
Old 12-13-2004, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely don't go back to that dealer, I don't think they'll do such a good job on your truck simply for the sake of the rating and how they dealt with you.

It's not exactly 'money in their pocket' - dealers get paid less hours per job and less money per hour for warranty work than service/repair work. They would rather avoid it because it's less profitable.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:05 PM

Well I disagree.If that DEALER is near you etc.I would not avoid them.I would just go back and talk to the service manager and tel him you WANT IT on record about the vibration.Make SURE they type a REPAIR ORDER and its MARKED WARRANTY so its really noted on Chrysler history.As far as avoiding warranty work well not MOST dealers.It pays WELL and makes up more of a percentage of their total work then ever.They and TECHS make lets say a 42% markup over cost on WARRANTY parts and labor is probaby $70.00 bucks a flat rate labor or more.Most DEALERS don't even LOOK at were its bought etc.I guess some could but not in my 25 years experience working in dealers.Only if a customer is a real nut might that get looked at or brought up.As far as SOMEONE saying WE'LL take longer or slower or DON"T fix this truck correctly over a survey I've never known this to happen.Usually someone gets a butt chewing if the dealer is managed correctly.I sure would have asked said advisor WHY he gave you such a hard time when all he had to do was be polite and typed the COMPLAINT.Thats HIS JOB.I've seen this before and a SERVICE MANAGER say Give ME the keys and grab a tech or shop foreman and go on a test drive and come back and say well it does MISS at 80.Its got a problem.later ask the service advisor about why HE made such a big deal out of this.Depends on HOW well the shop is really run.Warranty repairs on NISSAN use to be about 10% of toatal work and it jumped to about 30%.G.M and Chrysler it was almost 50/50.Had to have WARRANTY/Service contracts and Customer pay to get a well rounded MIX to earn good money.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by NJMurvin
Sorry. Didn't know of that policy.

So, today I get a phone call from someone following up on my "service experience". I gave them a "1" rating and an earful about my experience. We'll see if I get any followup . . .

I plan to email Chrysler's customer assistance website to establish my complaint about the vibe. Does anyone know of any other way to log an issue with them?

No problem, I just hope you get the satisfaction you deserve. I can absolutley not understand why people have to be like this. I spent more on my last truck than I did my last house. Why do we deserve treatment like this?
Old 12-13-2004, 10:46 PM

call 1800-992-1997 and demand it be put on your file.