3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer dented roof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer dented roof.

The dealer replaced my Sirius antenna and put a ding sized dent right behind the antenna on the rear of the roof. I know it is small but ***? They never said anything about it, I noticed when waxing the truck a few days ago. They messed the dash up a bit but I was going to let that go. Now I'm ****** at all of the damage just from replacing an antenna. I'm scared of more damage if they try to remove the dent. What should I do?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take it to the Dent Doctor (paintless dent removal) and send the dealer the bill!!

Rusty
Old 07-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yet another reason I try to avoid the dealership or anywhere else for that matter..........unless im standing right there with the truck!

Remember, your truck is important to you. To them, it is just another piece of iron that they make money on.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Yet another reason I try to avoid the dealership or anywhere else for that matter..........unless im standing right there with the truck!

Remember, your truck is important to you. To them, it is just another piece of iron that they make money on.

I agree, if I can't fix it myself, it will just stay broke. Thats why I joined this site....so we can figure the problem out as a group, for free, rather than paying $60 and hour for a kid to beat on your truck with a sledge.
I would complain to the dealership, unless it was a while ago then they will say you did it. You just spent alot of money on the truck and thats what they do to you.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:08 PM

Yeah, forget it, once you drive off the lot it's tough to prove.
When I had my 02' Ford 150 in for a rear main seal at only 150 miles on the clock and went to pick it up, I looked under to check the leak and noticed they jackup the engine by the tranny pan. It was a mess. They would have let me drive off with it like that. I guess they figured I wouldn't lay down and crawl under in their driveway. They had to get parts from several dealers to fix it. Of course 200 miles later they had to replace the 5.4 engine. They have to remove the body to do it (another story .

Pete
Old 07-14-2006, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some dealers great!...but most just don't give a ****...just there to take your money and don't have the decency to own up to any screw ups.
Morally and ethically bankrupt....jeeze you would think they were politicians or lawyers.( did I miss anyone?)
Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 00Dog
The dealer replaced my Sirius antenna and put a ding sized dent right behind the antenna on the rear of the roof. I know it is small but ***? They never said anything about it, I noticed when waxing the truck a few days ago. They messed the dash up a bit but I was going to let that go. Now I'm ****** at all of the damage just from replacing an antenna. I'm scared of more damage if they try to remove the dent. What should I do?
I feel your pain. I now fully expect my truck to be damaged when in for service. It has been in many times and something has been screwed up almost every time. Just recently I had to have the blend door replaced for the second time and to have the AC checked for the passenger side temperature variance. This time I had to pick the truck up after hours. More damage than I care to mention. I am so disgusted that I have not even spoken to the service manager since and never will again. I will never buy from this dealer. They have lost a customer due to the incompetence of their techs. The manufacturers need to wake up and address this problem by putting more pressure on their dealers. We as customers should not be treated this way.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:58 AM

I hope someone is listening from Dodge about their obvious dealership problems . I really feel sorry for guys that can't do their own work on there truck , not that we should be doing our own work but it sure looks like we would be better off . I wish we could send Dodge a bill and fix it our self maybe these dealers would wake up a little . Once a problem leaves the factory I think very few get fix right . Sure makes you feel sorry for them Ford guys driving those 6.0 's does it not . In fact the next time I come up behind one on the highway I will go a little easier on him .
Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 PM

My dealer fell into the category of those who don't give a edit. Same exact thing happened to my truck. I did not notice paint chipped off the roof and 2 dings in my back door until after I got home. Went to service manager and showed him.. pretty much got an "oh well it's not that bad" response. After getting in a long fight with him, he offered to fix it at the dealership (they had no real body shop). I finally ended up taking it to the Dent Wizard and getting the paint touched up at a real body shop.. Definitely get it fixed right out of THEIR pocket

Last edited by wannadiesel; 07-14-2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: profanity spelled with symbols
Old 08-18-2006, 08:31 PM

I took my 04.5 in for noise in the pump area ,we thought the belt idler might be making the noise so they removed it ,cranked the engine with the belt just hanging loose well the fan caught the belt and caboom! Broke the belt .I thought it torn the fan off .Well the fan was ok ,mech. said you get a new belt out of this deal!Took like an hr. for him to get the new belt on . I was standing there the whole time . Makes me nervious we other people work on my stuff!had 15000 mi. or so.Now they may have to replace my seat cover,OH crap!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:53 PM

Actually the tech issue is a NATIONWIDE issue.Its ALL over.Dealer near me just lost a super tech thats one of the highest rated in the nation.He is going into landscaping!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:17 PM

Boy can I identify with the irresponsible actions of employees at dealerships. A couple weeks ago I took my truck in for the vent mod and the anti-lock brake recall. I went stright from home and stopped to wash it then to them, straight back home again. I have 6K miles on the truck, bought it in Feb not a mark on it anywhere, it was spotless when I took it in. Anyway, I was real busy and did not drive it for several days, almost a week. So, I go to town to fill it up with fuel, and while walking around the passenger rear I notice my tail light is cracked and there are a couple of big time scratches clear into the primer below the tail light. The ONLY place that could have happened is at the dealership when I was getting the recalls done. I will not make any of the remarks here about how I am feeling toward this dealership, but I can certainly say that I am angry beyond control. Since more than a week went by, I really have no proof it happened there, and am porbably SOL on taking any action. The real problem is that the next closest dealership is over an hour away, and 3-1/2 hours to another from there. I hate it that these guys drive my truck in/out of those tight garages. I truly hate it that they take it on their 'road tests' without me being in the vehicle with them. We are all fodder when something goes wrong, and they could have actually been the ones who damaged something.

My advice to everyone is to take a real GOOD LOOK at every inch of your truck before you leave the dealership after any kind of service. I don't know what I will do if I have to take it back for another recall as I am truly afraid of what they might do next. I also hope Dodge takes a good look at these sites, takes notes, maybe even tries to make things right for those of us who have been victims of the dealerships negligence.

CD
Old 08-19-2006, 12:01 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Hounddog
Actually the tech issue is a NATIONWIDE issue.Its ALL over.Dealer near me just lost a super tech thats one of the highest rated in the nation.He is going into landscaping!
HE has got a point, I was #2 Chrysler Tech in our zone eight years ago... also ASE master & master heavy truck & advanced engine......... gave it up completely (kept all my tools though ) now in a totally different line of work. I worked in four different dealerships and NONE had any good retirement or benefits to speak of, the only way to get a raise was to threaten to leave or leave and go to another dealer. The vehicles were getting harder to repair and warranty times were going down, the funny thing IS the better Tech you are the more warranty work you would get = problems hard to fix on new cars while the flunkies get all the gravy customer pay work since that is all they can do, not much customer pay work at any dealership for the top Tech and I did this for 12 years! I took a paycut to change but the nice retirement, actually getting more than five days off a year for vacation, sick days, paid overtime, comp time, PAID health insurance and take home car more than make up for anything I lost to that crazy way of fixing peoples vehicles. I still do a little work on friends vehicles in the drive way and plan on building a garage behind the house one day but I really don't miss the rat race of dealership commission pay.

Last edited by Unit44; 08-19-2006 at 12:02 AM. Reason: sp error...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Unit44
HE has got a point, I was.......
Man I sure wish I could find another line of work so I can make my "I was...." post.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 AM

I hired great BOAT techs.Said being at the DEALERSHIP was GREAT compared to working on boats.Dagging tools to the LAKE,weekends,cramped quarters and so on.Try getting a TRACTOR repaired.Every one wants a gravy train these days.Decent DEALER techs make 60k plus a year! Like ANY small business the benifits are min. YET I KNOW several TECHs that have 3500 sf homes,numerous hotrods,deer hunt in what ever state they want to,ex wives and yet ***** about poor pay and how hard it is.When I was a teenager you had to KNOW someone to get a HELPERS job in a DEALERSHIP. See the scene I'm describing.

Quick Reply: Dealer dented roof.