3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Custom/ Aftermarket Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Custom/ Aftermarket Leather Interior

I currently have an '05 with cloth interior and was thinking of adding leather seats. I was curious if anybody had done this and if there were pics available. I did a search and it didn't pull up very much information. I am aware of aftermarket company's (Katzskinz (sp)) that sell replacement leather seat covers but just wanted more input, opinions, and pics. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:31 AM

Wet Okoles are pretty popular but I don't have that kind of money to spend on something that's not gonna make the truck faster. Summit Racing sells complete seats although I don't know if they also sell the back seats. I'd like to find me a junked truck and get the seats that way. Just wipe the blood off and bolt them in.......
Old 04-11-2005, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a friend that replaced the Custom Cloth on an 04 with an aftermarket set of leather covers. Dont know the brand, but they seem to be at least as good or better than the Dodge Leather interior. He is happy with them. I believe that the total cost with install was around $1,000. I will ask him what brand and info.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 AM

I work at a dealer in Florida, we use a company called Classic Soft trim, they will come take your interior out, (including door panels) anbring the back in about 2 days. I checked and they have franchises in Louisiana. I have included there web address for you and can do pretty much what ever color combo you want, also can do the ream logo like factory. I belive the price is about $1000.00. They also warranty there stuff, I have been using them for about 12 years with no problems.

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/index.html

Good luck
Old 04-11-2005, 12:39 PM
tcr

I just installed a kit by Auto Leather Inc. Wow, was that a job! THey sell on ebay for about 565.00. I had to take the center console to a professional, they had to steam it to stretch it out to fit. It took me an honest 10-12 hours taking my time. I called around here in Austin, and labor was about 300-400.00.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
tcr

I dont know if I'm happy w/ the leather yet, the seats look great, I just hope the quality is good.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 PM

I appreciate all the input. Would love to see some pics. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, I replaced mine. Took me 6 hours to do. It is really not that difficult. I found a set on ebay for 4 hundred bucks and was impressed with the quality. After getting prices quotes for this 1000 - 1700, I found out what a lucertive market it is. Our trucks are REAL EASY to do. Here are picks of mine.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....n=144150&pos=7

While I was at it, I installed seat heaters.

This is the guy I got off of ebay, a real good seller and quality. I just wish he had these when I purchased mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33702
Old 04-12-2005, 09:01 AM
tcr

Nonford, Your center console was easy? The leather on mine was so tight they had to use steam to stretch it out. If I had 6 hands it would have been easy. They also had to remove the rubber trim from the stock cover to sew it to the new leather to fit the grove around the compartment.

Nobody, the rest of the truck is easy, I just fought the center console to long. I would do the install again. By the way I have the same kit nonford has.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Yeah, the center console slowed me down, that was my 6 hours. But I did manage to get it in there. What I did was use the stuff for screen windows (slot around the frame you push in) and tucked with the leather. Then I used a popsicle stick to push it in and to my surprise, it really came out great and held strong. Old trick and upholstress told me.

Heh, TCR, how did you like your kit? They came out nice I bet.....and for an excellent price!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
tcr

Nonford, Yeah, I like the leather, I just hope it holds up better than factory leather. I've had factory leather in both fords and dodges, and I dont think its near the quality as custom (like katskins type leather). Of course a custom leather install is 1500.00-2500.00 depending on what type leather you use. I just hope this kit holds up to wear and tear, with the proper maintenance of course. How is your interior holding up, how long have you had it?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Mine is coming up on a year (May, I installed it 8 days after I bought the truck) and still looks brand new. Of course, I use conditioner now and then. Looking @ the Katzkin, I didn't see a difference except for price. There were a couple of times that I thought I tore the leather with my guns and farm tools, but nothing happpend. I was thinking of peeling these off and getting the ones Ali has now. Still thinking, that's it.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM

Hey nonford I got the two tone ones from the same place. Did them myself and it turned out great. Nobody...go to DTWtrucks.com to see mine. They've been in for almost a year and no probs.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:21 PM

You guy's seats look awesome. I do like the two toned seat covers on ebay. I didn't read the entire ad, can you get the two tone seats without the Ram head stitching? I priced leather seat covers through a local upholstery shop and it's $1,000 installed for any two tone combo and $100 more for suede inserts (middle section of seats). He gets his leather from Classic Soft Trim. Not sure if I could install seat covers myself. Never done anything like that before (don't trust myself). Sounds like $1000 is the going rate for an upholstery shop to do it. Has anyone seen any wild color combinations for seat covers? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Banned

don't know if you're dead set on leather, but i got some camo seat covers for my rig and i love em'...just to give you another option??
later, dustin

Quick Reply: Custom/ Aftermarket Leather Interior