3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

COVERKING seat covers -any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
COVERKING seat covers -any good?

Considering Coverking neoprene covers -I know they are waterproof BUT are they comfortable? Do they breathe at all?
DO you like them???????
Just thought I would ask prior to ordering -THANKS
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't comment on Coverkings, but I can say I really like my Marathon Super Hides.

Surely someone with Coverkings will chime in. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I had a set of wet okoles in the truck for 8 or 9 years. I just replaced them a month ago. This time I went with the coverkings. I got them through costco for 169.00 maybe less cant remember if they were on sale or not might have been 139.00. The okoles were in the 250.00 neighborhood. I also have a set of coverkings in my honda fit that have been in there a few years now. They have held up great in the honda but they also see very little abuse as compared to the truck. The okoles did just what I wanted them too which was save the seats. They did get worn out but again did just what I wanted them to save the seats.
The coverkings I just replaced the okoles with I think are of comparable quality maybe not as nice but still very good. One thing about the coverkings was on my 01 the seat belts are integrated to the seat, the okoles I had to take the seat belt apart etc to get them on no big deal just a pita. Whereas the coverkings have a zipper to accomodate it and it was nice not having to take the set belts apart. So far they seem good. They are comfortable. They will raise you up a bit in the seat due to the padding. They are waterproof which is great until you spill a big gulp in your lap then you might be cussing them as the seat wont soak it up but thats what they are for to save the seats. Neoprene does not breath, though they are covered with some padding and nylon I think it is so you are not sitting right on neoprene. So if you live in a hot humid climate they may not be for you. I live in Colorado and it gets plenty hot here but the humidity is generally low so the breathability is not as big a factor. When it is hot out and I am not running the ac my shirt back may get damp but it is not like someone dumped a bucket of water down my back and dripping wet. Damp at times but not wet. More than willing to live with it. I really like them. If they hold up like the okoles did in the truck or the coverkings are in the honda then I will be quite satisfied.
The fit and finish of the coverkings in my 01 is first rate. They fit great and were easy to put in.

costco online right now on sale for 159 row
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...1268&N=4001195 4294966720&Mo=2&pos=0&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns= P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10615-Cat21248&topnav=