3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple questions...

1. I just got my truck fixed at dodge under warranty (Dead LP, P0628) and the code was not cleared out of the computer. Is this a bad thing and how can i clear the codes out, is it simply solved by disconnecting the batteries?

2. i was cleaning the rear seats out and vacuuming and all that and noted two snaps. One on each side of the truck (driver and Passender) on the front corners or the under seat. waht are these snaps for? my truck doesnt have anything connecting to them and didnt come with any cover for that storage area.

3. I need to replace the yolk at theback of the transfercase as it is leaking and slinging crap everywhere. Where is a good place to get the parts for this, I am assuming it is only a seal. i was going to replace the u joints at the same time, and was planning on going with MOOG, is that a good route to go?

4. Leveling kits...there are so many to choose from and so many different opinions what are some pros and cons of each system, I was planning on just going with 2" spacers but I obviously want to go the best route, keeping in mind i run ont he highway a lot to the lake pulling the boat... but i also run empty alot as well

5. has anyone bought and installed the fog lights kit from genos?

thats it for now, sorry for all the questions

Kevin
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM

snaps are for the folt out flat floor, which you might not have any more. i take it your not the first owner???
second, i run a daystar leveling kit, keep in mind that you will need longer front shocks too. top gun customs and other vendors sell kits, that will include the proper length shocks, you just need the fronts.
don't matter really which type of spacer you go with, its what ever fits your buget.
i would just get the t case seal from the dealer, or a napa, and as for u joints, i usually run the oem stuff, they seem to last the longest, but if you wanted after market, again, napa or something like that will get you what you want, you get what you pay for in the area, and if you get greasable joints, make sure you grease them every month.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 PM

thanks pullin, i am in college so my budget is not very high, but i have a good joba nd i work a lot. I am not the first owner, i am the second. I do want greasable u joints. Can you send me more info on your leveling kit, what siz tires are you running? I am planning on getting 18x10's and running 33's, i am waiting for another paycheck to get leveling kit and wheels. Most likely going with xd diesels.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 PM

33's and i think you might not need to leveling kit, but i can't say for sure cause back spacing on the rims you decide on will determine that as well. the farther the stick out , the more chance you will need the leveling kit. i don't have much info on it, i bought from a local 4x4 shop here. ebay has lots of them, 2" longer shocks up front you will need.
dodge has a cheaper line of joints that are greasable, and not too bad either in price, but if your on a tight budget, call napa, or a auto zone or something like that. you have to stay on top of greasing them or they will wear out faster then the non greasable ones.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 PM

bump, need some more answers

also, what shocks should i buy to go with my leveling kit?