3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Confirmation that day time running lights work

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wv7o
Your plug & play harness for the plow changed the way it works on your truck, I just had my DRL's turned off at the dealer, my head light's were canceled by the turn signal blinking.
Ok, I never really paid any attention to it before but since this blinker thing was brought up I started checking out every single car or truck making a turn with their blinker on while the DRLs are running and not sure what to tell you guys ... of the couple hundred vehicles I have observed since not one single one of them had ANY headlight turn off or flash while their blinker was flashing. Not of any make or model and there was a few '06 & '07 Rams that I saw too. So I guess this may be something that happens to US trucks that decide to enable the DRLs? Strange ... but I've never seen it or even heard of it before this and I can't find any vehicles that do it.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:29 PM

They gotta have a issue like a bad ground.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Just ride a motorcyle. My Hog turns lights on when started. Had many instances when I know people had seen me due to the lights. I agree being aware of surroundings is what people need to do. Too many people on cell phones not paying attn. Cell phone usage while driving seems do be a big distraction. Don't agree with daytime lights on large vehicles, but bikes, yes. Nationwide there is more problem with cell phone usage while driving. I notice too many small vehicles zipping in and out of traffic while talking on phone.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by falstaff

The data available from the Candian DTR law shows absolutely no improvements in traffic accident rates. If you can't see an oncoming car in broad daylight- YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING!
Wrong.
A vehicle coming at you with it's headlights on looks 'closer' than a vehicle the same distance away without the lights on, thats why in Canada we've all had DTR since around 1990. I think it's a good thing.

Also, the DTR of my 06 turns off on the side with the turn signal on as do the other Dodge products I've seen, not just Ram trucks. I think it's so the turn signal is more obvious?