3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Cleaning Suede inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning Suede inserts?

Has anyone cleaned their suede inserts on their leather seats? Mine is starting to look a little dirty so looking to clean it with something.

Then,

What would be the best to protect for future cleaning? I see upon some leather cleaning products NOT to use on suede. Is that REAL suede or a look-a-like?

I maintain the leather but have not touched the suede in 22,000 miles so I guess it is time to start looking into something. It looks just a tad darker then what it was and I have jumped in with slightly dirty clothes and I think it has rubbed off a little onto the suede.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 AM

Good question. I have wondered that also. Our car and truck both have these seats. Looking forward to any info that is given on this.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM

I found this. Also the back is sythetic something. Only the front is real.

Light soiling and dried stains can often be removed with nubuck cloth or nubuck sponge/brush (can be found at shoe or speciality leather stores). Gently rub the affected area and brush the napp with a nubuck sponge/brush. Alternatively, a liquid nubuck cleaner may be used for routine soiling as well as deep and heavy soiling. After the surface has dried groom it with the nubuck sponge or cloth.