3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Chrysler customer service

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrysler customer service

Chrysler customer service who's phone number is and has been for years 1-800-992-1997 drops you into a INDIA based response center.I was floored.It is supposedly being reverted back to AMERICA.The gall of Chrysler to want BILLONS of federal dollars and yet use a India base to handle complaints.I think this info needs to put out there in cyber world for all to see.I called and went through SERVICE CONTRACTS which is in America and gave them a earful.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:36 PM

When I complaind about the death wobble (which is how I got half off) I was greeted by an India fella. He then transfered my call back to the U.S where I spoke to an AMERICAN. I hear ya hounddog. It drives me nuts!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 PM

As far as I know, you can request to talk to someone in the USA. Obviously Chrysler is not the only ones doing this (Best Buy, AT&T, etc), and it is a cost savings initiative. Kinda like building the trucks we drive in Mexico. And with their current shape I don't think bringing these jobs back to the USA is going to help the company turn it around, it'll probably bankrupt it...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Yes, I got dumped in India and could not get to the states. Finally spoke with a guy with a strong India accent that swore he was in Salt Lake City, LOL. Look to see customer service cut to the bone along with watching every penny on warranty repairs.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

I asked to be transferred to the U.S.and it never happened.Call got dropped.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM

This is why I thought our stimulus check was such a waist;anything you buy sends money out of the country! So our government in it's infinite wisdom gives everyone 600 bucks a piece to blow on crap made someplace else,all we done was stimulate other economies! Unless of course you spent your money on hookers and beer..oh wait we can't even make beer here anymore,gotta leave that to Belgium! I read today the A-B Inbev would be cutting 1,400 jobs....what a shocker.
OK,sorry for the rant and off topic,I'm done.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 AM

Hey everyone! Call Chrysler and COMPLAIN about the gall of using INDIA for OUR customer care center.It was bad enough using folks from here that didn't have a CLUE to a truck or service but now having to listen to someone in INDIA!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to show how out of touch upper management is, I saw a video about the ceo saying the reason they are in such a bind right now is because they build "too good of a car".

Yea, thats why our neon had 3 motors, 3 sets of struts, tranny, rack and pinion steering, brakes, wiper motors

Unreal...
Old 12-09-2008, 09:23 AM

Location: Frozen Northern Minnesota, Darn Close To Where Perma-Frost Begins...
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mr. Hounddog don't be too hasty here....Maybe you were in contact with the Mahindra Truck Plant and you should have asked your question. They may know MORE than the waterheads here working for the Chrysler group. Maybe you have unveiled the secret....Maybe Chrysler already has been sold and the Jeep EV Mr. Nardelli exited at the Senate hearings was a......Mahindra Jeep EV....
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by klx650a2
Just to show how out of touch upper management is, I saw a video about the ceo saying the reason they are in such a bind right now is because they build "too good of a car".

Yea, thats why our neon had 3 motors, 3 sets of struts, tranny, rack and pinion steering, brakes, wiper motors

Unreal...
It's not a lie if you believe it........
Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM

I beleive it! I've had a ongoing problem with Microsoft.Just TRY to get in touch with ANYBODY with CUSTOMER SERVICE in the USA with MICROSOFT.Like Fort Knox.By the way ANYONE got a NEIGHBOR thats high up on the food chain with MICROSOFT? I'd LOVE a PHONE NUMBER.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well if the unions wouldn't demand that a worker gets $80 an hour and benefits that are beyond imagination, etc, etc etc, just for someone to sit on a stool and screw on a few lugnuts, then maybe the truck prices could start coming down and a job could be affordable for them to fill right in your home town to answer calls.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1-2-3
Well if the unions wouldn't demand that a worker gets $80 an hour and benefits that are beyond imagination, etc, etc etc, just for someone to sit on a stool and screw on a few lugnuts, then maybe the truck prices could start coming down and a job could be affordable for them to fill right in your home town to answer calls.
I think unions can be good but I agree, it's way outta control!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:10 PM

I use to get GM Doraville plant workers in the Olds/Caddy dealer I was at.Some could not read or write.Some were the biggest jerks you could ever imagine.I have had a few that raised so much cane about their Olds that THEY built that I would call the plant and a plant whoever would intervene.They would tell the worker that was being hard to deal with a big sit down talk to and tell them NOT to bring their car into our dealer ever again if they could not be civil.Then they would take that workers auto and work/go over it at the plant.I can remember ONE plant worker going on and on about the issues he was having with his Olds and that he personally had walked it through the assembly process and yet it was STILL falling apart.I said NOW you know why the general public is po'ed
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by hivoltage
I think unions can be good but I agree, it's way outta control!

And it's not just unions. You got CEO's that can't get out of bed for less than $10K a day. They can't remember how to drive themselves to work, and they can't eat lunch at the local McDonalds anymore. And so on and so on.

And how come when I mess up the checkbook, aint nobody gonna consider bailing me out. I really don't like the idea of a auto bailout. Wouldn't that mean as a taxpayer (that doesn't get tax breaks) I will be an owner of the big three, so if I go buy a new truck, I'll be buying it from myself.

Quick Reply: Chrysler customer service