3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Checking Out An 05 Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking Out An 05 Tomorrow

2500 4X4 QC SB NV5600. I'm going to check for the following: 70 mph vibe, if it needs wheel well liners, hour meter, what the build date is, how the serpentine belt is lining up, dash rattles, drivers door seal, 2K rpm drone and if there's any rear end whine. Thanks to all the members for posting these issues. (I did a little digging last night)

Anyone think of anything else I should check out? It's an SLT with a couple of other options.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are awesome trucks. Try to contain your excitement and use your head (that's hard to do). Good luck. Odds are you're gonna love it.

Tony
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Everything checked out fine. I forgot to check the serpentine belt, but I'll do that when I return. A friend of mine has just joined this dealers sales dept. He emailed me last week knowing I was looking, asked how my search was going and told me about his new job. My priority's were QC SB CTD NV5600 and only a 3500 if it was a SRW. His dealer happened to have the truck I mentioned in my initial post. I said.

I mentioned adding the wheel well liners and maybe the mudflaps. He recommended the all season floor mats and said their price was comparable so I might go with those, too. It has the trailer tow group, but not the mirrors. If they can add those at the factory price ($88) I'll take them. If they can only get them from parts ($$$), I'll wait until I have a trailer and add some then, maybe from Ebay. Same with the fold flat floor, which it doesn't have.

I've got to wait another week for my Farm Bureau 30 days to pass and I'm good to go at invoice-incentives. Life is good.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:06 AM

I like your choice of trucks
Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by abryant
I like your choice of trucks
Well, Patriot Blue wasn't my first choice. It was well down the list, but this is how things turned out. I'm more than happy with it. I'd rather a Patriot Blue NV5600, then a G56 in any color. I went to a local dealer Sunday, they had 4 non duallie CTD's. 3 of them are Patriot Blue. Of course, I'll be calling it New England Patriots Blue after our Super Bowl champs. (again)
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 AM

I guees next Febuary you'll have to trade it in on a BLACK & GOLD one!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by STATELINE
I guees next Febuary you'll have to trade it in on a BLACK & GOLD one!!!!!!!!!
Why? Do you think the Boston Bruins will be playing by then? If so, they can't win the Stanley Cup until May, if not June.

I think I know what you mean. Sooner or later, the Steelers will beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I just don't think it will be in my lifetime. (Are you ready for some football?)
Old 04-29-2005, 09:36 AM

Always ready for football, I kind of like the Patriot Blue, but a friend of mine already had a Dodge in that color, so I went with Graphite, I like it alot too. I'm sure you'll be pleased with your truck. Sorry to here about your prognosis
Old 04-29-2005, 09:52 AM

Will that truck still be around after you have waited 30 days to get the farm bureau discount?
I would be mad at myself if I waited for 30 days just to get a $500 discount and then the truck I REALLY wanted was gone.

Just my .02c
~Rob
Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 AM

STATELINE, Graphite was ahead of the Patriot Blue on my list, but it didn't work out. I'm just glad it isn't green which was discontinued a couple of years ago. I think it was only brought back for a year.

TSCHWAB, If I can get a deal on the TT mirrors (Ebay), I'll still get them. Parts wants $300. A guy at work has an 03 hemi with the tow mirrors. Maybe I can swap with him since he doesn't tow. Maybe I can switch them and he won't even notice since he never flips them. (Ain't I a stinker?)

I was PM'd by another member about buying his floor, so something might still work out soon on that front, if not I've seen them on Ebay a number of times.

HOTDRAM, My 30 days is up on Wednesday so I don't think it will be that much of a problem. I talked to my insurance company this morning to see if I could insure the 05, then put my tag on it when I sell my 95 which should be next week. They're worried I might put the tag on before that to get the 05 home for some reason. So, I'm going to have 2 rams registered, then I'll swap my old plate onto the 05 (it's a reserved plate) when I sell the 95.

If they don't want to wait, either they drop the price by $500, give me atleast $500 in accessories, or I wish them well and continue my search.

When I went to test drive the truck on Wednesday, the mrs. says "So you've just thrown away the $50 you spent for the Farm Bureau?" I think she thought I was coming home with the truck that night. How she thought I was going to get both vehicles home without a trailer.....I'm not sure, the silly girl.