3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Can't get Rush...poor AM radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Can't get Rush...poor AM radio reception

Hey guys,

My AM radio all but quit working over the weekend (it will pick up a couple of local stations but won't pull 'em in over the mountain anymore). At first I thought it might be the stations, but I get them fine in the Jeep, must be the truck. Any ideas? Did a search and couldn't find anything.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unscrew the antenna and put some dielectric grease on the threads.

MikeyB
Old 04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio
Old 04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

AM

the only place i listen to am is at home when my alarm clock wakes me up..
Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 PM

DODGE...Official Truck of the 'Merican ReDnEcK!

Originally Posted by nickleinonen
AM

the only place i listen to am is at home when my alarm clock wakes me up..

Yeah, but just try and find Rush, Sean or Dr. Laura anywhere on FM!

Ok, so my political convictions are out of the bag. But that should've been obvious. I mean, geez....you ever seen a liberal driving a CTD?

uhoh...just noticed you're up in Canada. I might have some explaining to do....oh well, another time maybe.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rush??????
Old 04-24-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baja
Rush??????

Oh, and add Kalifornia too. Forgot that Mr. Limbaugh was banned from the airways there.

The only Rush you guys get is the Geddy Lee kind.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 PM

consider yourself luckey I have listened, not saying he is bad Ok getting to political good luck
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM

I too am an am junkie..

Try and put me into a political demographic. I listen to Limbaugh, Franken, and Alex Jones in that time slot. Can't listen to O'Reilly, he's a donkey. Rush's arrogance is annoying, but his broadcast skills are what keeps his audience (right&left). Franken is smart, and witty. However, too often he loses focus. Sometimes mid sentence... I think if a big syndicator signed Alex Jones, he just may slowly de-throne Limbaugh. As a listener, I seek honesty and independence. (Don't confuse that w/ moderation ditto heads) I just like political broadcasters that are loyal to country first. Too bad though, they are rare. Most are all about loyalty to their political party first. Sean Hannity has morphed into a massive hack. I got so tired of him that I found Ed Schultz. Way better show, and wow, no call screeners... Most of the talkers won't take an un-screened call. They're wimps. Jones, Schultz, and Noory/Bell only take un-screened calls. Try an experiment and call Laura Ingraham sometime (easy to get through), if you disagree w/ her, and you are reasonable, you cannot get through the gate. If you are a kook, and you disagree, you get right through. This way she can make both the individual and the point of view look stupid..

Oh yeah, this was about our radios... I wish mine was a little stronger. It would be nice if some auto makers would try incorporating Pioneer systems into vehicles. Their tuners really get it done.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Muted User

I had the same problem in my semi only I could get Rush, I couldn't get Beck, or Hannity or the local station 700wlw. All of which (except Rush) is on XM. I even switched antennas. You could take a portable radio (that works well in other places) with you to see if it's the radio or just the location.

Oh yeah, this was about our radios... I wish mine was a little stronger. It would be nice if some auto makers would try incorporating Pioneer systems into vehicles. Their tuners really get it done.
I've had about 5 or 6 Pioneer headunits and currently own 3. I never had any luck with their AM reception, FM was great though.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 PM

aahhhh,,,,rush,,true genious there.........says the oil companies are doing us all a big favor by only charging 3 bucks a gallon,by all standards,it should be 4.......when you let your political preference determine what you think solely by that preference,youre out of touch......complete moron,period...........bama
Old 04-24-2006, 11:08 PM

Tell it like it is mr. Bama
Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 AM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny (or more acurately, scary) that the people who Rush leads around by the nose think everyone else is either a communist or at least disloyal to our wonderful country. So divisive, so lame, so damaging. And, yeah, that AM reception could be way better, I wish it was. Try Ed Schultz and actually listen.

Wetspirit
Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wetspirit
Try Ed Schultz and actually listen.
I tried. I thought I was going to be sick from all my screaming at the radio. Ed's just another left winger. Just look at this week's guest line up:

Sen. John Kerry
Sen. Byron Dorgan
Sen. Harry Reid
Sen. Barbara Boxer

I have a hard time listening to Sean Hannity. He's nothing more than a Republican cheer leader.

Rush is OK but sometimes is wrong and his arrogance can be a turnoff for some.

I actually like the O'Reilly show. (Unfortunately, it's no longer on in my area) But he is a wierd combination of conservative and raving left-winger.

Michael Savage. There's a guy who says it like it is. Too bad he doesn't know how to debate and likes to scream at his callers.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:14 AM

My suggestion is to turn your radio off and "do your own thinking"

Quick Reply: Can't get Rush...poor AM radio reception