3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Can't find one.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find one.....

Well folks, yesterday I came to the decision to look for a replacement for the ol' '98 and went to do a little shopping. After getting some bills paid and freeing some income, I decided I can now afford a new truck. After considering my needs, I can get away with a SRW 3500, I can live with the short bed on a MegaCab as I've got a utility trailer, and the space would come in handy although I have no kids.

Now, I don't "need" a new truck, but I deserve one as a little gift for my hard work. The problem is, there are no 2006 MegaCabs, or quad cabs SB or LB with manuals of any kind in my area, never mind in Khaki. I can order one, but then increase cost and they don't offer the 2.9 % finance on the 07's.

I thought of talking to one of the dealer members on this site that are located South of the border, but what are the costs to bring it back across. (I don't care that the guages wouldn't be metric - this farm boy can convert.)

Any words of wisdom out there? Luke S.? Any others down in Idaho?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 PM

I feel your pain. I had to go 90 miles to get mine. Did you check out Dave Smith's in Kellogg, ID? Alot of members rave about them. Find out what they have in stock. The way people talk about how much $$ they saved by buying there, maybe it would offset any cost to bring it home.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 PM

I was talking with my neighbor today. Coincidently, he just bought a Honda SUV out of Washington and brought it back. The exact details, we still have to discuss, but by the amount of money saved just in short conversation, it's worth it.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:41 PM

Unhappy

I got mine July 4 and wanted a 6 speed, could not order one to get employee discount at the time, had to take in dealer stock. Wanted a blue mega (didnt care which shade) and was told by several dealers that the closest one was 350 miles and they would charge a "transport fee".... well I ended up with a automatic but I like it so far......
Old 09-07-2006, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Unit44
I got mine July 4 and wanted a 6 speed, could not order one to get employee discount at the time, had to take in dealer stock. Wanted a blue mega (didnt care which shade) and was told by several dealers that the closest one was 350 miles and they would charge a "transport fee".... well I ended up with a automatic but I like it so far......
I definitely can see the transport fee. The thing is, I'm willing to fly to wherever and drive it back. The problem is selling my '98 so no trade is involved. Work just doesn't afford me the time to be home to show it - I work out of town. Thought about ebay, but then require internet service to answer questions in the auction. Internet service on the side of a mountain or elsewhere remote is an issue.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 PM

Festus...check out Dave Smith Motors in Kellog Idaho
Old 09-07-2006, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Festus...check out Dave Smith Motors in Kellog Idaho
I think I will. On an aside, you still down near Hanna I think it was?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 PM

Yes I am still in Hanna. Good memory BTW.

We have a fair number of new trucks on the lot here:

http://www.hannachrysler.com/
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 AM

Try Woodhouse in Blair, Nebrasksa. Ask for Todd in dodge trucks.They gave me a great deal OVER THE PHONE. I know its a long way ,but the have good inventory and great deals. Woodhouse.com is on the net. good luck.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:54 AM

here ya go, looks like these guys have pretty fair deals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...25261654QQrdZ1
Old 09-08-2006, 05:17 AM

http://www.dodge.com/ram_2500_3500/index.html

Og here, punch in a zip code and search the inventory. On many of them you can pull up the window sticker.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by STATELINE
here ya go, looks like these guys have pretty fair deals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...25261654QQrdZ1
I strongly considered this guy back in July. His pricing was good, I found the same exact dually (with fold flat floor and "premium" seats) here locally for about the same price eventually.

When I was dead set on a 3500 SRW my search had to be expanded to the Missippi River (from the Atlatic Ocean). At that point there were about 6 trucks that fit into my search, four out of that six required me to get a plane ticket.

They are gettting tougher to find now I imagine..........
Old 09-08-2006, 06:20 AM

As far as selling the '98 is concerned, this fella is looking to buy a good used truck. Maybe the two of you could work something out.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=114507
Old 09-08-2006, 06:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mariner 250
Try Woodhouse in Blair, Nebrasksa. Ask for Todd in dodge trucks.They gave me a great deal OVER THE PHONE. I know its a long way ,but the have good inventory and great deals. Woodhouse.com is on the net. good luck.
They sell all over the country. Very aggressive on pricing.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 AM

I thought I read somewhere that your warranty is not transferable across the border. You may want to check into that first.
Also have you looked south of Edmonton for a truck, Wetaskawin, Ponoka or Lacombe. I just Bought a 2004.5 in May in Lacombe and found all the out of town dealers to be way better to deal with and they sure know their trucks.
Definitely worth the drive out there.

Quick Reply: Can't find one.....