3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

cant find the hummer H2 wheel picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Hop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raspy
Oh yeah, Smarty can also do it

John
I'm one of the ones that will have to wait till october for a smarty.
I'm runnin the new 6.7. So far so good. Only 2k on her so far but, I'm liking it.
--Hop
Old 08-17-2007, 02:17 PM

See the link in my sig. for a full detailed explanation on putting H2 wheels on our trucks.

I love mine and have NO complaints!!!

Another added bonus is the cost vs. new BFG 315's mounted and balanced on the stock wheels.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hop
I called the dealer I bought the truck from and they said they didn't have the program to change it yet. I called a bigger dealer in houston and they want to charge me $80 to do it. I may just run it like it is for now.
--Hop
All Dodge truck dealerships that have a service department would have the hand held scan tool. It's not a special tool or program it's a quick speedo recalibration off the scan tool.
Some of the aftermarket performance programmers even recalibrate the speedo.
I would stop in to another Dodge, (or even a Chrysler) dealership and speak to the service manager, not a service writer as many don't have a clue as to how it's done.
Tell him it's quickly and easily done with the hand held scan tool that connects under the dash.
Again it takes less than 2 minutes and the revs per mile is 601.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by welndmn
Damon - Where are your pics?
they are residing in the camera currently
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hop
They are on! The center caps worked, it was really easy to cut on a table saw. The black inner ring comes out and then all that's left is the outer shell. Tape it up and let it rip!
Now I need to have my spedo calibrated. Also what tire pressure are you guys running with this setup?
Thanks for all the help!
--Hop
What kind of blade did you use? Did you just set the fence, dial the blade in low and cut away? Mine caps have been sitting in the garage for about 50k.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Hop

I Popped out the black plastic retainer piece. That left me with just the shell of the cap. I then wrapped it in some cheap duct tape. Set the fence with a fine tooth blade @ 3/4" and let her rip. Just rotate the cap while it rests against the fence. I'm not sure if the older style caps will allow you to remove the innards. If that's the case ytou might have to set the blade height real low.
On second thoughts, if you cant remove the steel clips you won't be able to rotate the cap smoothly.
--Hop
Old 08-19-2007, 09:43 AM

The older caps won't allow the tabs to be removed. However, I think a wooden fence could be built that allows all the tabs to rest on it. Clamp the fence in place and lower the blade down to a minimal height to miss the tabs. If I can get past the honey-do list maybe I can try it out this week.