3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

can you convert from single climate control to dual climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you convert from single climate control to dual climate control?

I was wondering if anyone had converted from single climate control system to a dual system? I have the slt model with single and would really like to convet to the dual system if possible.

Is it like some of the other mods (fog lights) where the wires are there and you just need to add the correct parts?

I was wondering if I were to get the dual HVAC control panel for the dual control system and plug it in if it would work or not? anyone tried this before?

Another question, anyone ever priced the dual climate HVAC control? is it spendy?

If anyone has tried this I would sure like some info.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:55 PM

I'm sure the conversion can be done, but it will be quite costly. If your truck is not equipped with the dual climate controls, there will be only one air mix motor instead of two. The wiring harnesses apear to be identical in the shop manual, so there are probably just more wires that get used. I'm not sure what the cost of this conversion would be, but i'm sure others may chime in with some advice.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:02 AM

thanks for the reply. anyone know if there is a way to see if there is two motors or just one?