3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Can I get my Dodge extended warranty cheaper than these guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I get my Dodge extended warranty cheaper than these guys!!

Looking to get either the Added Care or Max Care for 7/70. Their prices look pretty good but if others know of better prices, lets hear about it!

http://www.eservicecontracts.com
Old 11-08-2003, 07:15 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Re:Can I get my Dodge extended warranty cheaper than these guys!!

Don't know about these guys, but are you sure that the extended warranty is justified? I have had it in the past and it was a waste of money. There have been numerous magazine articles in the past about extended warranty and I can't remember one of them saying that it was a good thing. Actually, come to think about this, there may have been a thread about this here some time ago. Do a search and see what pops up.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Banned

ESP can also be a feel good kind of thing. If you worry about repairs and such and an esp will put you at ease, then by all means do it. Some people are on a budget and will put the warranty on when they finance a vehicle. This way for xxx amount of time they only have the vehicle payment and no added repairs (other than normal wear and tear) I think it is a crap shoot whether you get your money's worth or not. HTH
Old 11-08-2003, 09:34 AM

Stevenc,

If you buy the ESP, make sure and read EVERYTHING in that contract. We bought one with our 01' and now that we need new upper and lower ball joints, they are denying the claim, since my company name is on the truck. No commercial coverage. It is ridiculous, the dealer conveniently left that part out of his sales pitch. I will never buy another extended warranty for anything again. They will bend over backward to deny you.

Cole
Old 11-08-2003, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys.

But once again I ask a question and dont get an answer to the question I'm asking.

I have never bought an ESP but plan on keeping this truck a very long time, so I think the ESP might be a wise investment.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[quote author=Stevenc link=board=17;threadid=22152;start=0#msg207381 date=1068321929]
But once again I ask a question and dont get an answer to the question I'm asking.

[/quote]
What, you mean we're actually supposed to answer questions and not ramble? ??? What fun is that?
Old 11-08-2003, 03:00 PM

The best extended warranty is to invest the premiums is a CD.
If you read the fine print you will find that there are more exclusions then "Carter has Pills".
Old 11-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Banned

Okay I'll take a stab at it. I worked at a Ford dealer for many years. The best warranty for the customer was usually the Ford warranty. No hassle for the customer. The best warranty for the tech was an aftermarket one because we got paid retail time for the repairs. The authorization took longer but we were happier with the pay and therefore did a better job on the repair because we could take the proper time to do it. Warranty rates pay poorly. Dodge will pay the same for a repair on a vehicle with 5 miles or 100000 miles. Alot harder to work on the older one right?? I believe you get what you pay for with the ESP. There is HUGE markup in them also. IE a ESP for my '96 Passat in '96 was list price 2100 dollars. I paid 900 at the dealership (because I worked there and bought the car through them) I got about 1400 dollars worth of repairs out of it. So if I paid retail for the ESP it would not be worth it. Since I paid cost it was worth it. I don't know where you can get them cheaper. Hope this answerers some of your questions. PM me if you need to.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:36 PM

Well you didn't actually ask a question. If you would like us to answer a question, then ask one. My opinion, don't buy it, they are usually a waste of money on a new vehicle.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:11 PM

The biggest thing I've found with exstended warranties is that they go bankrupt quiet often. We are stuck paying off the rest of the loan on a stolen vechical becuase the company went bankrupt and won't pay back the remaining service contract ballance >. It also left allot of people holding the bag on their repairs. You will find allot of info on extended warranties at http://clarkhoward.com.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Muted User

Let me TRY to answer your question - that is the best price I've seen on a DC extended warranty.

In my opinion the only extended warranty worth gambling on is a factory warranty. I gambled taking the warranty, figuring the cost of common problem areas on these vehicles like the A/C evaporator and ball joints over 100 k miles will probably add up to more $$$ than the cost of the warranty.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:12 PM

I contacted my local dealer as well as two in Anchorage, and then followed up with the website you provided to see if it's a good deal. I then "ordered" it from eservicecontracts but got a note back from them stating I had chosen the wrong plan. I wanted a 7/100 Major warranty but had chosen one that didn't go with my truck.

Bottom line is that they want $1640 up front or $1715 on payments. The dealers here in Alaska quoted me a range from $1410 to $1650 and that was the 12 month payment plan price. All said they could knock some off if I paid cash up front. You might check around to see if you can find better....