3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

California Stinks! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the document it is from the b.a.r.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dieselcoms-1108.pdf (64.6 KB, 97 views)
Old 02-26-2009, 03:52 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by woodrep
It's not funny, but I have several neighbors around me that have moved here from Cali. Every single one of them can't believe how much cheaper it is to live here, houses, property, food, etc. Now granted we don't have much to do except chase tornados or go cow tippin', but it's a good place to raise a family.
Same here my neighbor to the north! Even in Austin TX. Love the sig(O does suck, big time!!)
Hey, how do I get my dollar to the Mexican so he'll leave his familia in Mexico? That was awesome, to lighten the mood.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM

you can put your buck in a envlope and mail it to

The little bean that could
834 woodstream st
stockton ca

oh make checks payable to erick
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmillett
Here is the document it is from the b.a.r.
Read that letter Ca people, it says they will fail folks that DO NOT have a "EO #" for modified parts, no matter if it passes the test. Last time I checked, NOBODY in the diesel aftermarket has that 'cause Ca didn't require smog checks for diesels. Same BS as the gasser crowd, just because it didn't come from the factory with that part, instant fail, no matter if it's more fuel efficient or "cleaner". If that's the case, we're all SOL and will have to revert back to 100% stock just for this.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LeonT
And now they're going to "tax" your "mileage"?

I lived on the Central Coast from '79 to '80, and I couldn't wait to move back to Arizona then because it was so bad. Man am I glad I left.

Taxing "mileage"?

You gotta be kidding me.
They already do for the folks who are in Commercial For Hire operating with Motor Carrier authority.
They tax you by the mile for every state you go through. I have to keep a state-by-state 'log' of mileage I drive in each state, besides my "Duty" (RODS) log book.

At the end of the day I still have to play with paperwork for an hour (minimum) to satisfy the Gub'..

All of this and I still gross under 26,001.

IFTA (over 26,000) only adds another @ 20 minutes to the day, fortunately I don't HAVE to keep fuel records......yet.

Oh, and Arizona is killer for 'mileage taxation', had to get a temp. trip permit back in September, cost $40, but it was good for 30 Days at my GCVWR upon entry (24,500).

Mark.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon
They already do for the folks who are in Commercial For Hire operating with Motor Carrier authority.
They tax you by the mile for every state you go through. I have to keep a state-by-state 'log' of mileage I drive in each state, besides my "Duty" (RODS) log book.

At the end of the day I still have to play with paperwork for an hour (minimum) to satisfy the Gub'..

All of this and I still gross under 26,001.

IFTA (over 26,000) only adds another @ 20 minutes to the day, fortunately I don't HAVE to keep fuel records......yet.

Oh, and Arizona is killer for 'mileage taxation', had to get a temp. trip permit back in September, cost $40, but it was good for 30 Days at my GCVWR upon entry (24,500).

Mark.
Try going through Oregon..............
Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM

thats why i dont reg my truck in the great communist state of ca. keep out of state plates to keep the popos off me
Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 AM

Ok..so I read the entire .doc rmillett posted and

it looks like second gen 98 and up are screwed...1998 is the cuttoff...

THAT BLOWS HARD!!!!!!!!!!

secondly, the test consist of visual inspction...well all I plan on having is a air intake (problem solved by finding already approved EO intake), Exhaust (problem because none of the Co.'s we use are on the list) and Lift (doesnt affect Emissions)

So 4" straight pipe...keep your CAT, and Muffler...put it on a Quick change out system...

That takes care of the visual inspection of emission parts

2nd test is the OBD test...so DONT THROW CODES...GET a SMARTY..or what ever to clear them and not leave a foot print...(but I am gonna probally most likely almost 100% surely leave my computer/engine allown)

That takes care of the OBD test

3rd test....Visual smoke test.....THIS ONE SUCKS

it leaves alot to be discussed, there is the arguement of how much is too much, they dont have a meter for what is to much yet (I mean they have a physical meter, but not a standard) Everyones Cummins gives that Puff right at start up..so is that allowed, my truck doesnt give off a smoke at all while idling so does that pass....what the hell ever the tech. sees is what goes from the way I read things and that has gotten me in trouble before with my Pumped up GMC Gas Truck.

NCA

PS...STILL AINT LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna die, the last tree chopping, bunny shoot'n, whale harpooning, hetrosexual loving, Church going, GOD FEARING, BIG DIESEL DRIVING, SOB in CALIFORNIA!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 AM

ok..after reading it again (I printed a copy) I had a glimmer of hope...it does say in paragraph 2 that vehicles with a GVWR of LESS than 8501 would be required to SMOG....I thougt NICE I know my 2nd gen is over that!!!!!!!! in fact just by a itty-bitty...(8800# GVWR)

But then I read the doom and gloom of the following sentences of the same paragraph....they decieded that it would just be earier to include ALL diesel vehicles up to 14,000 GVWR...

BUMMER...refer to my above post..Keep you changes to a minimum, and dont **** off the TECH!!!!!!!!!

NCA
Old 03-01-2009, 08:26 AM

IMO, it never fails that when the "leaders" cant get their budget together on time, we suffer because of it.
THe first thing they always want to do is cut school funding and then wonder why the kids arent doing well in their state tests.
Instead of cutting funding to education or other important programs, cut their dam saleries until they get on the ball and get a budget.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by donnee
IMO, it never fails that when the "leaders" cant get their budget together on time, we suffer because of it.
THe first thing they always want to do is cut school funding and then wonder why the kids arent doing well in their state tests.
Instead of cutting funding to education or other important programs, cut their dam saleries until they get on the ball and get a budget.
I think cutting their salaries was tried back in the Brown days and the courts said it wasn't going to fly. I might be wrong, been a few years ago.

Education must be cut as we are spending way more than we can afford. The State is going about it the wrong way though and it is hurting education. The path CA could do in order to cut Education's budget and not hurt little johnny (and his teachers) is to quit harboring illegals in the state. Without the illegals being a drain on Education and the rest of State, County and City services, Education would not have such a need (some say greed) for the budgetary buck.

Thanks for gathering here this morning. I was going to replace my Recirc door today, but the sky is leaking. Maybe in April. Back to my morning brew . . .