3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

California Stinks! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Vehicle License Fee is being raised from .65% to 1.15%. This (the reduction in VLF for which some refunds were issued) was not something voted for to be repealed, but rather was the first act Schwarzenegger made when elected to office fulfilling his campaign promise. On the same day, Democratic leaders, Sen. Pro-Tem John Burton (D-SF) and Speaker of the Assembly Antonio Villagorosa (D-LA) denounced the new Governor on how evil he was to roll back the VLF and forced them to slash social programs. In this case they made a big public grandstand on how they were "forced" to cut meals on wheels for seniors. Of course they could have cut anywhere but chose this particular feel good program to get maximum political effect. So they did, in fact, cut that program to the tune of some $900k+. But it did not result in any budget savings. What they did, was simply transfer that money to their own legislative catering budget on the same day. How do I know this for fact? I prepared that bill for printing that night and prepared the legislative history as well.

That is a prime example of how YOUR democratic party is taking care of the little working guy. Starve poor seniors to feed themselves. Shameful. Where was Herb on that one?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soulezoo
The Vehicle License Fee is being raised from .65% to 1.15%. This (the reduction in VLF for which some refunds were issued) was not something voted for to be repealed, but rather was the first act Schwarzenegger made when elected to office fulfilling his campaign promise. On the same day, Democratic leaders, Sen. Pro-Tem John Burton (D-SF) and Speaker of the Assembly Antonio Villagorosa (D-LA) denounced the new Governor on how evil he was to roll back the VLF and forced them to slash social programs. In this case they made a big public grandstand on how they were "forced" to cut meals on wheels for seniors. Of course they could have cut anywhere but chose this particular feel good program to get maximum political effect. So they did, in fact, cut that program to the tune of some $900k+. But it did not result in any budget savings. What they did, was simply transfer that money to their own legislative catering budget on the same day. How do I know this for fact? I prepared that bill for printing that night and prepared the legislative history as well.

That is a prime example of how YOUR democratic party is taking care of the little working guy. Starve poor seniors to feed themselves. Shameful. Where was Herb on that one?
ok..your very accurate recount of what happened, did infact correct me..and I do appologize for the mis-information.. (my memory of the actions was off, but I do remember now and your exactly right) but you will agree that public outcry over the issue is what prompted the current Gov. to issue that promise as well as the public out cry over the licencing of Illegals through DMV which was another of his promises that he held his ground on.

either way..the act was repealed be it by the Gov. or the pressure from the public to make the Gov. do it. Point is....while California may be on mixed ground on a lot of issues the major ticket items most californian's stand there ground..(ex. prop 8) and the majority does win. State legislators enact somehting with out public approval or citizen backing and we protest send it to special election, and repeal it.

We have that right and we should be willing to use it.

NCA
Old 02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I do agree that the Gov made the campaign promise to repeal the VLF as a result of public outcry. It was a no-brainer for him.

I have very mixed emotions about the proposition process California has. Yes, a number of times it has worked supremely well in having the will of the people outweigh the greed of the politicos. The best examples are prop 13, the reinstitution of the death penalty, prop 8. This is a double edge sword though. Because, at the same time, I find most voters to be: A) ignorant; B) easily swayed with emotion and disinformation; and C) downright stupid. This has a tendency to put the act of making law into the hands of people least able to have the slightest idea of what the heck they are doing. But they will do it if they think there is something in it for them regardless of consequence.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 PM

... I find most voters to be: A) ignorant; B) easily swayed with emotion and disinformation; and C) downright stupid. This has a tendency to put the act of making law into the hands of people least able to have the slightest idea of what the heck they are doing. But they will do it if they think there is something in it for them regardless of consequence.
Unfortunately that is too true.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 PM

...... This is a double edge sword though. Because, at the same time, I find most voters to be: A) ignorant; B) easily swayed with emotion and disinformation; and C) downright stupid. This has a tendency to put the act of making law into the hands of people least able to have the slightest idea of what the heck they are doing. But they will do it if they think there is something in it for them regardless of consequence.
invado...Obama!!!!!!!

cuspis capio...on a national level as well!!!!!!!!!

NCA

PS..while I love this discussion...maybe it should be taken to the "General" or "Political" board?????
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler
No I havent fished there...good to go???? whats it holding??? I may make a run if someone such as yourself gives it the thumbs up.
I may give a thumbs up on a couple places on PM.

as for your political knowledge of our wonderful state (laughing) I am very impressed...
Yes, "Our" wonderful state. I watch KMAX (CW31) while waking for work.

PS..while I love this discussion...maybe it should be taken to the "General" or "Political" board?????
If the Administrators don't mind too much, leave it here for another day or two. More comments on overpriced CTD registration keeps it in "Non-Drivetrain" I think...
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM

PM on the way....

So you once obviously lived here....and good for you for getting out while you still had your marbles left.

So if you ever get back this way...SF BAY AREA...look me up..I got a few tricks up my sleve as well...

NCA
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 PM

Location: This Nazi state of California 2nd home Gilbert AZ under God
Question

How about getting to the core of what is breaking the bank in California and doing something to fix it? Like the true cost of illegal immigration on schools, health care and other programs used by these illegals. Almost alll business are laying off and some are closing, but Sacramento does not want to trim. Sounds wrong to me. The hell with state employees there should be no difference than any tax payer. No job guarantee. Most of these employees do nothing compared to the work load of the private sector and get to hide behind there unions and guaranteed retirement. Your retirement guaranteed? You work only 8 hours and get overtime? Even when the voter votes something in some %#%$% liberal judge who wants to make a name for his sorry behind overturns the voters decision/vote. What happened to "we the people"? Rant over!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM

hey man im a mexican where the hells is my money i feel cheated so everyone on here please send me one buck for my mexicanness. or i will be forced to bring more of my family across in my mega cab and in the end that will cost you alot more then the dollar im asking for.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM

hey and you know i can get about 30 of my family members in a mega just think how many we can get in a honda civic.....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 AM

It happened....boooooo hisssssssss

But while something was lost...there is light..

Maldonado, Rep from Santa Maria was the one who gave in with (rep cogdill from modesto and Ashburn from bakersfield) but he did win one important battle actually 2

He asked for 3 changes to be made in order to gain his vote. 1 the majority of the people wont care about.

the one people will is the got the 12.5 cent fuel surcharge taken out of the bill...SO NO NEW GAS TAX.

the other he got the flat 5 percent incometax changed to .25 percent per tax bracket and the rest will be filled by fed stim. money.

with these changes they figure to miss out on 2.1 billion.

the other thing he did, which like I said most people dont care about because it doenst have a dollar sign attached to it is..he got OPEN PRIMARY ELECTIONS for this states congressional and state races.

good news for republican seats.

http://www.californiaprogressreport...._passes_m.html

NCA
Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM

So the vehicle fees are doubling? If so, this is good to know. I'll get busy and get both of my CA-registered cars transferred to Tennessee (my sister lives there) where it's only $33/year.

My truck is registered in Montana, which is fairly costly ($375 or so a year), but there was no sales tax on it. If I try to move that reg anywhere else, they'll rape me by wanting me to pay sales tax. F that.

Rob
Old 02-20-2009, 04:07 PM

not utah man i pay 180 no smog only a saftey inspection if your year of vic is picked
Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM

I paid $450 on my 2006 this year. Time to get it reclassified.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two weeks ago I received a traffic ticket for stopping over the limit line. It is going to cost me $560.00 and to think this state can't make money ? This is just one ticket and it took a whole 12 minutes to do it.

Quick Reply: California Stinks! LOL