3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

California Stinks! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We shouldn't forget the handful of states in this country with BALANCED BUDGETS. So it's not rocket science, just responsible management. It CAN be done, providing you are not electing crooks, crackpots, celebrities and various other flavors of idiots to public office.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you in Cali., So far they are getting the Republican hold outs that they need to not be able to pass it. John and Ken (local talk radio host in LA) have been going over and over on this for the past month (at least). Here is a link to their show:

John and Ken Show

They are urging Californians to call all the Republican legislators and voice their displeasure in this budget (read, tax). They also have a tax calculator on the site so you can see how much more per year you are going to have to pay in taxes. But remember to multiply that number by five (taxes are going to be in effect for at least five years).
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roperteacher
As soon as I can get a teaching job in another state that pays what I get paid in Calif, I will move!

You get paid in CA what it takes to survive the cost of living and keep you happy with your interests, etc. Everything in CA is expensive and inflated, so wages HAVE to be higher. It is all relative and proportional when you take cost of living and wages and apply them to different living areas. Sometimes a lesser wage and a much lesser cost of living actually gives you more money after all expenses.

The cost of living where I live is considerably lower than CA. New Mexico is a very frugal state, good budget management, on top of things right away and they tend to actually look out for their citizens instead of looking out for themselves at our state gov.

CD
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 PM

If we kicked out all the illeagals and quit providing supprt for them, that would free up $125+ Billion!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Thumbs up I'm lucky.

My situation is unique. Our house payment is $650 otd/month(principal,interest,taxes). My average utility bill is $70.00. I'm living five miles from the ocean and can be in the desert in 1 1/2 hrs,and 5500' in the mts in one hr. The climate is the best in the world. I'm pretty happy but do envy you guys in a more rural setting which San Diego used to be many years ago.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roperteacher
As soon as I can get a teaching job in another state that pays what I get paid in Calif, I will move!
You don't need to make the same.

Lets assume you take a 30% pay cut. Depending on where you move to, you could realistically reduce you mortgage by 50%, and your taxes by 75%.

I have a 11 year old house in a nice neighborhood. 2400 square feet, corner lot, full basement. Appraised value about $220'ish. Total taxes are about $1,300 A YEAR. My average total utility bill is about $150 a month.

There are a lot of places in the US that are great places to live, and even cheaper than here in CO. But I love it here. I'll be here for the rest of my life.

Now, add your mortgage, taxes, and utilities per year, and see what the differance is. You could take a pay cut equal to that and have exactly the same lifestyle that you have now.

I used to live in CA. Awfull glad I don't any longer.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:55 PM

It's not funny, but I have several neighbors around me that have moved here from Cali. Every single one of them can't believe how much cheaper it is to live here, houses, property, food, etc. Now granted we don't have much to do except chase tornados or go cow tippin', but it's a good place to raise a family.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 AM

Soon you are going to feel the vacuum as employers and business leave California because of the taxes. I know many financially well to do people from Southern and Northern California areas that are leaving California because of the taxes, immigration problems, crime and the liberal policies in Government. I hope someone sticks around long enough to lower the flag.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 AM

I was born and raised here in Cali, I love it would never leave on my own will. Yeah we have problems, bad problems, and we need good people to fix them. But I must say I been to almost every state in this great union, and I would never live any where but here in California. We have the highest population of any state. There is no where else you can be at the beach, desert, mountains, lakes, rivers, go camping, surfing, snowboarding, river rafting, and weather condtions you wouldn't belive. We pay to live in the greatest state in the union, and it's tough but we love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:27 AM

Location: This Nazi state of California 2nd home Gilbert AZ under God
looks like it is going to pass down to one vote.....%%$#%%&^&^*
Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it. Just because people work for the state, like me, it don't mean we're overpaid. I grossed $43k last year doing my job and that includes several days of overtime details, that would pay about $10k more in the private sector. I'm a truck inspector for CHP. My job is to find crap like this. Here's my all time favorite catch . The bennies is what seals the deal, family first. We're already getting shafted with a 10% pay cut until 2010. More could be in the works. I'm really gonna enjoy writing a $1000+ check for my tags next year that I just paid $508 for this month as well as 2 1/2% more in income tax, .12 per gallon gas tax and a boost in the sales tax which would put our county OVER 10%!!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Ace
Banned

Sounds great.

Not.

Biggest, greatest state in the Union? Maybe just big enough to drag the rest of us down with you...
Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 AM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler
I couldnt agree more....SLASH AND BURN..is the policy that should be implemented!!!!!!!NCA
I agree with NCA. Stop the big social giveaways and force the illegals (new name is "undocumented workers") out. Governor Schwartzenkennedy isn't any help; what RINO could be?

BTW, NCA, tryed Baum Lake lately? Beautiful area.

Edit: The Republicans just outsted their minority leader in CA cause he was 'for' the great tax increase. State Senator Dave Cogdill out, State Senator Dennis Hollingsworth in.

Edit Edit: Who says CA doesn't spend $$$ wisely? http://video.dot.ca.gov/
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Brian08Q35004x4
looks like it is going to pass down to one vote.....%%$#%%&^&^*
Hold on there buck-o...lol (just messing around) as of last night at midnight, and with FMB (an out of stater following this and being correct...my hat's off to you Sir!) already posting this...the Minority leader is OUSTED....which puts the magic number back to 5...not 3 of which Rep *** from Fair Oaks still is very serious that she WILL NOT VOTE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

when you tyeped that...that one vote was probally Rep ***. and she was holding out just like she said she would. Remember they dont need 1 they need all 5 (now) was 3.

Originally Posted by FMB
I agree with NCA. Stop the big social giveaways and force the illegals (new name is "undocumented workers") out. Governor Schwartzenkennedy isn't any help; what RINO could be?

BTW, NCA, tryed Baum Lake lately? Beautiful area.

Edit: The Republicans just outsted their minority leader in CA cause he was 'for' the great tax increase. State Senator Dave Cogdill out, State Senator Dennis Hollingsworth in.

Edit Edit: Who says CA doesn't spend $$$ wisely? http://video.dot.ca.gov/

No I havent fished there...good to go???? whats it holding??? I may make a run if someone such as yourself gives it the thumbs up.

as for your political knowledge of our wonderful state (laughing) I am very impressed...

NCA
Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM

I agree to get all the illegal immigrants out of here but I am not sure that is such an easy task. I would be curious to see where California lags behind in this effort. Wonder how AZ, TX, do it. Maybe we should follow their lead. Not to mention the Octuplets mom will need some 3 million to get her kids out of the hospital.

Quick Reply: California Stinks! LOL