3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

In Cab Air Bag Controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Cab Air Bag Controller

Anyone have any pics of where they mounted the in cab controller for their air bags. I can't seam to find a place that works well.

Thanks -------- T
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension Air bags, right?

Last week or so, I saw a pic: They put it under the driver seat. Out of the way, but accessible when needed...and stopped to make the change safely! The gauges were pointing towards the drivers door.

HTH

Tony
Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Tee

Yea, I have the Ride Rite's and the Load Controller 1. Can't find a spot that allows me to see the guages and switches while underway that doesn't look Getto?

I did a search and have come up with nothing....Was the pic you saw on this site?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 AM

I have the air bag controller and I put it where my 4x4 shifter would be if I didnt have the electronic 4x4. I cut out some of the plastic and rubber and this allowed me to mount all the hoses. I drilled 3 small holes for the tubing in the cover where the manual shift lever would be. This allows the tubing to run underneath the truck body out of the way. I dont have a pic but I can grab one on thurs. I also have 5 rocker switches for the front locker, engine driven air compressor, high beam switch, winch in and out, and the winch power.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Tee

Yes!!! I had looked at that spot but was told the air duct for the back seat was under it????

Pics please.........
Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 AM

Here is what I did. There is just no darned place left in the factory setup.
Attached Thumbnails In Cab Air Bag Controller-air-control.jpg  
Old 07-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by timk006
Here is what I did. There is just no darned place left in the factory setup.
really like that but......my 4 wheel drive lever and shifter are in my way.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Sorry for the pic quality, but I had to take it with my phone. If your sitting in the driver seat it is located on the Left side of the cup holders. I fabbed up some pieces to fill in on either side of the controller and was a good place to put the switch for my pump on my aux. diesel tank.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM

I've been looking too for my 3rd gen on where to mount the in cab controller and gauges. I was thinking of getting the 3 gauge pod that goes in the little cubby below the radio, and putting the gauges in there if they will fit, then finding a seperate spot for the switches. Anyone got any input on that?
Scott
Old 07-05-2007, 04:37 AM

heres mine, routed the air lines under the seat to the compressor then out the bottom of the floor.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

I like that mounted in the bottom of the console!

Air Lift sells a cool little controller that's all digital and doesn't require any air lines to be routed inside the cab. Should be easier to find a nice clean mounting spot with the digital controller.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 AM

I just purchased the dual guage controller set-up and will probably install it in the bottom cubby area located in my center console. Anybody else have any pictures or other suggestions?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM

I bought the Firestone system that has the small digital controller, so mounting that up should be easy. My questions is, where did you guys mount your air compressors? The compressor I got with this new system is a LOT smaller than the previous compressors I've used, but it also has a separate valve block that has electric valves the digital controller uses to remotely add and remove air.

I have an 07.5 Quad Cab 4x4 auto with the 6.7L. It looks like there might be a spot in the engine compartment on the passenger side right up near the firewall.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:32 PM

my compressor is under the drivers seat along with the controller/amplifier for my strobe lights. I pulled my airbag system off my 01 and put it on my 06, so I dont have the new digital stuff.....though it would be nice!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Tee

I ended up mounting it just to the left of the location you have here. (Bottom of picture!) Right on the side of the plastic console where it meets the carpet. Used the furnished mounting panel. Loosened up the guages and turned them so they are in the proper position for veiwing. Fabed up a piece of sheet aluminum to hide the hoses/wires and painted it black to match. Will try and get a pic up. Can see and reach them without too much problem.

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
Sorry for the pic quality, but I had to take it with my phone. If your sitting in the driver seat it is located on the Left side of the cup holders. I fabbed up some pieces to fill in on either side of the controller and was a good place to put the switch for my pump on my aux. diesel tank.

Quick Reply: In Cab Air Bag Controller