3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bye guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here in pa diesel was 40-50 cents cheaper in july-august its back an forth i just drive my jeep or mitsubishi galant to save fuel
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Yeah it averages out to be about the same as regular-mid grade gas. I've just been hopping on the bike lately 46mpg at 80mph. Only problem with the bike is that it's higher on maintenance... Well that and in the case of a wreck they usually don't go as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are more potential sources for producing diesel than gasoline. From natural gas to coal, to wvo, to reprocessed old tires, etc, than there alternative for gasoline. I am comfortable than I will be driving my truck or other diesel powered vehicle long after alll the gas/ethanol cars are gone. In addition, gallon for gallon, diesels ARE more efficient than gasoline powered vehicles and produce less co2 too (if you believe in global warming). Plus more dollars stay in America with an "American" brand vehicle.

Last edited by kokalit; 11-04-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 PM

Good luck with the new ride. my neighbor just bought a new tundra. it is dark green,and a real eye catcher. probably see a few more in the neighborhood soon.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 AM

the whole heating oil and the price of diesel thing cracks me up. i've been driving ctd's for about 7 years and the price of diesel was never as much or more than gas (even in fall/ winter heating season) until the whole hurricane katrina thing. then suddenly the price of diesel jumped over the price of gas and there were stories about shortages- i saw a cable news story that said the main reason for this is the oil companies are constantly sending millions of gallons of diesel to newly industrialized countries that are willing to pay big $$$ for it.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
HOV

Taking a loss on a trade-in to save a few MPG's never works out in the math, but good luck with the new truck.

I agree with Kokalit above - diesel is a much more flexible fuel and definitely more doomsday-ready than gas. A heated tank and some plumbing lines mean you can run veggie oil if all the pumps shut down...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 AM

I could not imagine towing any thing more then a bass boat or small trailer with a gasser after using a deisel.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not to say I see myself in the same boat. But truck is payed for so it just sits around more
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM

This forum is hillariuos, we pay 1.10 a litre for diesel up here in canada and it has been that way for along time, the price of gas is right there as well, I really cant remeber the day we have seen fuel prices even remotely close to anywhere in the states and every 5th vehicle up here is a lifted dodge, duramax or ford with 35s or bigger, chipped with duals.
Next time you want to sell your diesel truck because of fuel prices think of cold lonely neighbours up here in canada that have been getting totally worked over on vehicle and fuel prices for ever.
Kinda makes me wonder why when we have alberta pumping millions of litres of oil every minute down into waco, you would think that we would have our own resources up here to refine our oil and keep our fuel prices on par with everyone else.
Its nice to see allot of candians going south right now to buy vehicles and anything else because of the dollar, hopefully it will hurt our sale economy enough for them to realize that were tired of gettting hit over the head on everything we buy compared to the states and they will drop there prices here to be competitive with yours.
You can buy a fully loaded 6.7 mega there for 47g on ebay or other sales listings and here that truck is 62, and were only a 5 hr drive from seatle or spokanne,
Those companys have been making way to much of us in the past but things are about to change, BRING ON THE VEHICLE SALES DEPRESSION IN CANADA, BRING IT HARD AND BRING IT FAST.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:24 AM

i have honestly thought about going back to a gasser. i have only had the truck few months. but i calculated it yesterday- between oil changes and fill-up cost, i actually save money with the diesel. i mean i can go 4 months without an oil change- where as the gasser id change the oil 3 times in that span, and fill up maybe 2 times a week. i know i would take a huge hit if i trade her in.. HUGE.

as far as what truck id buy outside of the diesel dodge, id go new gmc sierra- sharp looking trucks, or a f-150 with the 5.4 in it. also a sharp looking truck. foreign trucks- you can have them. unless i go mid-size then id look at the tacoma..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM

for times when i dont feel like driving the cummins, i have an 89 f-150 2wd reg cab lwb with a 140 horse 300 inline 6, 2.73 rear and c-6 3 spd auto. I payed 1600 for it and put about 2 grand in it over a year ago....its very reliable and gets 15-17 mpg rides smooth as glass etc Ive never sat down and crunched the numbers but ive been driving it alot more here in the past month than i have my diesel when i am not pulling.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kokalit
There are more potential sources for producing diesel than gasoline. From natural gas to coal, to wvo, to reprocessed old tires, etc, than there alternative for gasoline. I am comfortable than I will be driving my truck or other diesel powered vehicle long after alll the gas/ethanol cars are gone. In addition, gallon for gallon, diesels ARE more efficient than gasoline powered vehicles and produce less co2 too (if you believe in global warming). Plus more dollars stay in America with an "American" brand vehicle.

I believe in GLOBAL WARMING...It's been happening for millions and millions of years..I cant believe people are buying into this GREEN thing..This whole process started waaaaayyyy before our time. Rant off..
Old 11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedybeedy
This forum is hillariuos, we pay 1.10 a litre for diesel up here in canada and it has been that way for along time, the price of gas is right there as well, I really cant remeber the day we have seen fuel prices even remotely close to anywhere in the states and every 5th vehicle up here is a lifted dodge, duramax or ford with 35s or bigger, chipped with duals.
Next time you want to sell your diesel truck because of fuel prices think of cold lonely neighbours up here in canada that have been getting totally worked over on vehicle and fuel prices for ever.
Kinda makes me wonder why when we have alberta pumping millions of litres of oil every minute down into waco, you would think that we would have our own resources up here to refine our oil and keep our fuel prices on par with everyone else.
Its nice to see allot of candians going south right now to buy vehicles and anything else because of the dollar, hopefully it will hurt our sale economy enough for them to realize that were tired of gettting hit over the head on everything we buy compared to the states and they will drop there prices here to be competitive with yours.
You can buy a fully loaded 6.7 mega there for 47g on ebay or other sales listings and here that truck is 62, and were only a 5 hr drive from seatle or spokanne,
Those companys have been making way to much of us in the past but things are about to change, BRING ON THE VEHICLE SALES DEPRESSION IN CANADA, BRING IT HARD AND BRING IT FAST.
I couldn't agree more speedy, we're tired of getting reamed and the more people head south to buy everything the sooner it'll change. Yep, it's our oil and we pay much more for it at the pump ... what's up with that? sick of it for sure.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM

A large part of fuel price comes from refining, taxes and distribution.

If a barrel of oil costs $95 a barrel here it cost the same up there.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

I like it when diesel goes up I am tryin to get to the point where it costs me 500 to fill my truck up, my truck holds 85 gallons so that day probably isnt too far off the best though is when I have to fill my trk and boat which holds 80 gallons sweeeeeet

Quick Reply: Bye guys