3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bye 03 truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye 03 truck

Some wonderful driver from Wisconsin (we all know how much i love wisconsin) plowed into my truck last night... Damaged the bottom of the door, the bed of the truck and smashed the center cap on the rim... This was while I was at Ohara air-port... Then on top of all that. After he cut across a solid yellow line to do this, he jumps out of the car and runs into the air-port and his wife gets in the driver seat and starts telling the cop it was my fault.. The cop wrote it up as a hit and run and refused to accept the womens statement since she was not driving the vehicle. <br>I think this truck is a curse... NO fluid in the diff., alarm system never works, starts the truck before the heat manifolds are ready, fan clutch already needs replacing, and now the truck gets to go away to have all the repairs redone.. <br>I have not even made a car payment yet on it.. <br>I think I am going to get the truck a Exorism...
Old 12-02-2002, 08:14 AM

Re:Bye 03 truck

****, bro. <br><br>Geez, don't go outside during a thunderstorm - I think you'll get zapped! Most of us are still dreading the first scratch and you're WAY beyond us.<br><br>I hope it goes better for you. You deserve it.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 12-02-2002, 09:24 AM

Just to lighten the subject, we say the same thing about all the dam tourists that come up here from Chicago every summer, &quot;where did they learn to drive&quot;. It always good this time of year to see them all go home <br><br>But good luck with your truck, just think, in another month it will be a whole new year.....
Old 12-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=Mopar_Mudder link=board=17;threadid=7764;start=0#74495 date=1038842683]<br>Just to lighten the subject, we say the same thing about all the dam tourists that come up here from Chicago every summer, &quot;where did they learn to drive&quot;. It always good this time of year to see them all go home <br><br>But good luck with your truck, just think, in another month it will be a whole new year.....<br>[/quote]<br><br>Mopar,<br>You ain't seen nothin'. Come to Florida from Thanksgiving to Easter when all the cheese heads and Chicagoans (is that a word) and Michiganders come down to &quot;visit&quot; us and see the sights. Problem is, they think the left lane is theirs and some people that live down here are not on vacation or snow birds. [undecided]<br><br>I have said when I retire I am going to go north and drive in the left lane at 25 mph all summer long like they all do all winter long down here. <br><br>Hey, are we having fun yet? ???<br><br>Wick, I am sick with you, bro. That is lousy. The body shop is still trying to get my daughter's Dodge Van repaired from an accident over a year ago. Hey, come to think about it, the old guy that hit her (88 years old, ran a stop sign) was from Wisconsin. Hope yours comes up better than that. <br><br>Bob
Old 12-02-2002, 10:24 AM

My truck got keyed by Mistake. well That is what the kid told the cop. This was after I saw him do it and beat the out of him. I was very happy that I did not go to jail. I'm still trying to get my money from that a$$ o
Old 12-02-2002, 11:25 AM

Sorry to hear that wick -- reminds me of our '89 CTD. We went to dinner in Oakland, CA. On our way home I turned a corner on a green light. I was going VERY slowly. A guy and his girl friend pulled straight out of a parking meter spot and into my right door. He didn't have any lights on and it was at night. I was going so slowly that I was able to stop before my rear bumper got past his car. My wife almost beat the sh-- out of his girl friend. We had to replace all the skin on the right side of the PU and of course we had a two-tone finish after a few years. AND WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE LICENSE PLATES YET. Good luck my friend. :'( :'( :'(
Old 12-02-2002, 03:30 PM

Wick, know how you feel bout your baby. How about doing something stupid yourself to your wheels. Well, at 1500 miles I banged up my tailgate on my 2003. All my friends had to ask how I did it. So I told each a different story, after all, the see the damage, why do the need every detail.<br><br>Fortunately damage was confined to top edge and about one inch down. Fortunately a puller, a hammer, Bondo, a power sander, and primer fixed it to where you'd never know. Line-X Over the rail on tailgate covered it all. See piscs in Members Photos.<br><br>Now friends say, I see you covered the Damage.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:48 PM

On my first real job (quite a few years back), two of my coworker friends and I bought our first brand new vehicles within a few days of each other. One of these new vehicles was sideswiped on the highway and nearly totalled after smashing into a guardrail, the other was hit and one entire rear quarter was smashed (along with part of the roof), and I rear ended a taxi in traffic that suddenly stopped. All within 30 days, all before we got our permanent tags, and all before we made our first car payments. Misery loves company I guess. Sorry to hear about yours.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:22 PM

Wick,<br><br>We have a lot of fancy places here in my home town that were built just for fine folks like yourself.<br><br>You'll have to pay us a visit.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:02 AM
Banned

Hello brand new truck....

Wick -<br><br>I'd sue their insurance company for a brand new truck - NOT a fixed up one. Your truck is brand new, but after it's been repaired, it loses its value. I don't think there'd be much resistance since the guy ran from the scene and all. Let them have the fixed up truck and recover what they can from it, but you bought and paid for (OK, you WILL pay for) a new truck.... Tell them that's what you want and you'll accept nothing less. If they balk, tell them that if you get a lawyer involved it'll cost more than that!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:28 AM

Re:Hello brand new truck....

[quote author=joel link=board=17;threadid=7764;start=0#74965 date=1038920553]<br>Wick -<br><br>I'd sue their insurance company for a brand new truck - NOT a fixed up one. Your truck is brand new, but after it's been repaired, it loses its value. I don't think there'd be much resistance since the guy ran from the scene and all. Let them have the fixed up truck and recover what they can from it, but you bought and paid for (OK, you WILL pay for) a new truck.... Tell them that's what you want and you'll accept nothing less. If they balk, tell them that if you get a lawyer involved it'll cost more than that!<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>the damage is not that bad... She just dented the bottom of the door in and dented the side of the bed before the wheel opening... It can all be PDR'd.. she did no break my paint, mainly because the ride height on the truck... I was able to roll over the top of his left front tire... just really busted up my center cap on the rim... <br>I take it tonight to get a estimate. So I will let u guys know what the damage is going to cost. <br>A good friend of the family owns the shop he know I will not accept anything less than perfect... <br>Thanks for the concern guys.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:28 PM

Pics
Old 12-04-2002, 08:25 AM

Is it just me or is that pic a grey smear on a darker grey smear? ??? Might be my browser, but I don't see anything
Old 12-04-2002, 08:40 AM

[quote author=LonCray link=board=17;threadid=7764;start=0#75454 date=1039011935]<br>Is it just me or is that pic a grey smear on a darker grey smear? ??? Might be my browser, but I don't see anything <br>[/quote]<br><br>oh that pic did not work well..... let me try it again... lol<br>sorry
Old 12-04-2002, 08:49 AM

;D LOL ;D<br><br>Cripes! The damage is worse than I thought - our friend's truck has been reduced to an ugly smudge!

Quick Reply: Bye 03 truck