3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bumper VS Deer Guess who won!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
yeah 93 is a little fast!!
only if ya get caught
Old 06-01-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Job Shane!!! I love those big heavy deer repellant bumpers!!

You would have been stranded for sure with massive front end damage, intercooler gone, radiator..etc. etc....had you not got the bumper.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by megafast
Is that the Fab Fours Shane? I have one, and there is no way I could jump up and down on mine and move it. Did you reef on those bolts or did it move in the frame mounts? Just curious.
No it's and Alien Patrol Bumper. And it moved in the frame bolts.. I am going to re-adjust it tomorrow and weld it all up so no movement after that.. I drilled the deer dead on and I was cooking.. For a second I had no idea what happened!!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
You could have been like me at 4am just about 30 miles south of Dodge City Kansas in my 02 dmax. Hit a deer and it took out both headlights, grille, bumper, left fender, innercooler, tranny cooler, radiator, core support. It was cold out too in November and could not run the truck because of all the fluids leaking. Good thing the cop was cool and let me hang out in his rig til the tow truck got there. I was pulling my goose neck and told dispatch that I was pulling a 20 foot car hauler and was 48 feet in overall length and they sent a friggen semi to pull my trailer and a flat deck to grab the truck. Cost me $350 to get it towed 30 miles!!!!

You got luck buddy!! Glad to hear the bumper went thru the official test and no major damage.
Yep, I honestly think it saved my life.. After taking the stock bumper off that deer would have done major damage!!

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
Im glad your OK Shane. Isn't that a sick feeling driving along minding your own business and BOOM/Instantly awake. I wondered yesterday how the AP would do if you hit something I figgured a deer would take out your grill with no grill guard, Didnt think you d actaully try it. Ya just cant afford not to have an aftermarket bumper.

I won't have another truck without a bumper now!!!

Originally Posted by jrussell
Man, you got that bumper on just in time!

Too bad it didn't dent the hood. Then you would have a good excuse to buy an SRT hood.

I swear it's head kicked up and dented the hood and that was my first thought!!! Yes, Srt-10 hoood here i come!!

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Glad to hear you made out ok. Ive never incountered a deer yet, (<-knocking on wood!) but, from what I hear, the best thing to do is keep going straight anyway, trying to swerve just makes it more dangerous.

I guess its a good thing AP finally got you that bumper
Yep I've been told not to swerve just keep going straight.. At that speed swerving would been worse I think!!

Originally Posted by goodeyesniper75
thats y i got my bumper...and i went even crazier and got it with the "deer" gaurd on it to so if i was to hit one it wouldnt come over and hit the windshild or n e thing... glad to hear your ok.
I almost wish I had a small bar over the top or something!! Might have to fab up something!!

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
glad to hear you are ok shane. sorry about the damage
Thanks Bob!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
I talked to a guy from Canada that had one of these on his Mack. He said he hit a deer a month before that and all he needed to repair the damage was a pressure washer. OOOH nasty!
I saw this exact bumper on a big rig today. That thing will take out a house!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:52 PM

that could have been so much worse. glad your ok and the truck to.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Thanks guys.. I got the tools out this evening took about 30 minutes to loosen the bumper and re-adjust it. It did break the driver's side light but only one of the clips so not much damage...

Yes it could have been really bad I can't imagine what it would have been like with my stock bumper

Shane
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Dude, I have not even got mine yet and your trying to work on your second one....j/k

Glad to see you were not hurt and the bumper held up fine. Now I can't wait to get mine even more!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 AM

This is the exact reason why I bought mine before the truck was even built in the factory.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
j

glad to see you're ok, i agree at 93mph swerving would have been a fatal mistake.... taken a ton of crashes where people swerved and died rather than hit the dog or cat in the road.. although i did take a crash where the guy didnt swerve and should have... toyota corolla's dont hold up well to cattle, he lived, but spent alot of time in the hospital. passenger not as lucky.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

i teach folks how to drive 40' buses on the side(my part time truck money gig) i teach them not to swerve unless its alittle child on a bike. run straight over that dog, deer, honda, whatever. do not swerve, you'll tip it over, or crash into something more solid and hurt 50 people inside. not worth it for an animal. now if its a kid, i will flip my truck many times to avoid that one.....

good job shane.
btw, i am showing my wife this thread all the time so she doesnt gripe when i get my bumper.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Yep this thread is a must see for the Ms.... I would went back and took a pic of the victim but I can't Imagine that was too perty!! The undercarriage of my truck is carnage!!

Shane
Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM

Can you send me a few steaks? Just pull some deer meat out from under the truck!!!! I'll take it well done.

Glad you're ok man.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drewallen42
Can you send me a few steaks? Just pull some deer meat out from under the truck!!!! I'll take it well done.

Glad you're ok man.

Thanks.. The dogs have been camped out under the truck for the last two days!!! MMM Jerky!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 PM

there was a guy on minneapolis craigslist last week who had a silver srt hood for cheap
mine's red so i didn't bother

Quick Reply: Bumper VS Deer Guess who won!!