3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bumper VS Deer Guess who won!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper VS Deer Guess who won!!

Well to make a long story short. I got up thursday morning at 4 o'clock drove to Lehi, met with 53 ***** and tarbee1 bs'd with them for a while then hit the road again and went to Cheyenne to pick up my product there I met with t-boe and we discussed more awesome info on these trucks. Then I turned around and headed home we'll just crossed the utah/idaho border and lifted my glassed up to rub my eyes set them down and BOOOOM!! I just caught a glimpse of a deer dead center in my path!! No time to brake, swerve or anything... All I can say is Thank god for my aftermarket bumper!!! It probably saved the whole front end of my truck!! All it did was push the bumper upward about 1-1/2" and caused enough pressure to pop the driver's side light out of place so after jumping up and down on my bumper to get it down enough to put the light back on a quick look around apeared that the only thing dripping or draining from the truck was remanents of the poor deer.. I swore that I saw her head hit the hood and there was a dent in it but went and looked this morning and no dent!!! Man it sure woke me up this was at 2:30 this morning almost 24 hours of driving!! Got home at 3:45!! 23.5 hours on almost non stop driving..
Also Thanks to T-boe, 53 ******, and tarbee1 for keeping tabs on me making sure I was awake and doing fine!!! THis place is awesome and has some excellent people on here

Now after 2-1/2 hours of sleeep I gotta get to work!!!

Here are some pic's!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH-man you got sooooo lucky
that could have been really ugly for you...

glad you and the truck have minimal damage

how fast where you running when you hit it???
Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
how fast where you running when you hit it???
I think that might be classified. It's a good thing the only damage done is some minor adjustments.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
WOW, even took out a tree!! Just Kidding

Glad it was only minor damage. I have seen so much worse and I am sure you have too. Luckily where I live, and do most my driving, the animals that get hit are small enough to go under most vehicles!! Looks like that bumper just paid for itself.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Is that the Fab Fours Shane? I have one, and there is no way I could jump up and down on mine and move it. Did you reef on those bolts or did it move in the frame mounts? Just curious.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You could have been like me at 4am just about 30 miles south of Dodge City Kansas in my 02 dmax. Hit a deer and it took out both headlights, grille, bumper, left fender, innercooler, tranny cooler, radiator, core support. It was cold out too in November and could not run the truck because of all the fluids leaking. Good thing the cop was cool and let me hang out in his rig til the tow truck got there. I was pulling my goose neck and told dispatch that I was pulling a 20 foot car hauler and was 48 feet in overall length and they sent a friggen semi to pull my trailer and a flat deck to grab the truck. Cost me $350 to get it towed 30 miles!!!!

You got luck buddy!! Glad to hear the bumper went thru the official test and no major damage.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im glad your OK Shane. Isn't that a sick feeling driving along minding your own business and BOOM/Instantly awake. I wondered yesterday how the AP would do if you hit something I figgured a deer would take out your grill with no grill guard, Didnt think you d actaully try it. Ya just cant afford not to have an aftermarket bumper.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:59 AM

man now i dont have to worry about how mine will hold up quess no i can drive even faster on my way to salmon
Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Man, you got that bumper on just in time!

Too bad it didn't dent the hood. Then you would have a good excuse to buy an SRT hood.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

yeah 93 is a little fast!!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Glad to hear you made out ok. Ive never incountered a deer yet, (<-knocking on wood!) but, from what I hear, the best thing to do is keep going straight anyway, trying to swerve just makes it more dangerous.

I guess its a good thing AP finally got you that bumper
Old 06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Chapter President

thats y i got my bumper...and i went even crazier and got it with the "deer" gaurd on it to so if i was to hit one it wouldnt come over and hit the windshild or n e thing... glad to hear your ok.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
glad to hear you are ok shane. sorry about the damage
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Muted User

I talked to a guy from Canada that had one of these on his Mack. He said he hit a deer a month before that and all he needed to repair the damage was a pressure washer. OOOH nasty!
Old 06-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Just about every rig in Alaska has a moose catcher on it. I've been lucky so far! Glad your ok!

Quick Reply: Bumper VS Deer Guess who won!!