3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bucket seats w/arm rest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bucket seats w/arm rest?

Anyone have or fit bucket seats with the integrated arm rest? I'm thinking about GM seats as I ask this. I like that the arm rest is always in the right place even if the seat gets moved around.

I don't think Dodge did seats like that, did they?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The buckets in mine don't. My old 98 GMC did.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I don't think Dodge did seats like that, did they?
Not since the first gen trucks. Those were a pretty comfy seat. I wish they kept something like that as an option.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Yeah, it'd be nice. I'm halfway considering trying to retro fit some GM seats. I'm in no rush though. Just tossing ideas.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to find some leather captains chairs from a GM conversion van. I used to have one and those seats were ridiculously comfortable......
Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM

I think the GM seats are too cushy, I would like something in between.

After spending the money and time to replace my drive-side bottom cushion I think I am going to find some aftermarket bucket seats. I am sure I can find something more comfortable than the stock units.

Does anyone have some seats they like?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 AM

I actually think the stock seats are comfy. Mine are cloth and in pristine shape but I just hate that you notice every dang piece of lint that gets on them. I want stock leather seating but people want a lot of $$$ for a nice set of those. The next best thing, for me, is leather captains chairs......
Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

You know, looking at my bro-in-laws minivans (oh yeah, the kid wagons), they have buckets w/arm rests. They're not bad. Those can be an option. Of course, good luck finding clean seats in a minivan

dodgezilla, I don't think the stock 06 seats are uncomfortable, but I want something different. I want the armrest to move with the seat. I'm only 5'3" and a 26" inseam...I got short legs. So in the trucks I set the seat up and forward. This leaves the console setting further back. Since I only have use of my right arm when I drive long distances my right arm does not get any kind of break. Have you tried driving 8hrs with only one arm on the wheel?? Not comfortable! Having an armrest that sets forward with the seat allows me to rest my elbow and still reach the corner of the steering wheel. Just like in my 94 Chevy. I found that design worked best for my comfort.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Well, you may want to consider a cushion on top of the center console lid. I kept a folded towel on mine for years because the lid by itself hurts my elbow when I rest my arm on it. There is a guy at the other Cummins site that now makes a nice cover that attaches to the lid and it has a nice cushion to it. You can PM me if you want some info on that....
I know that doesn't fix your problem of the console sitting too far back but maybe you could keep the seat back some and just tilt the wheel down...
Old 05-13-2010, 04:02 PM

Having a look around the seats I keep coming to is the buckets from a 96-99 GM truck/suv. They have the armrest and they do not have the integrated seat belt like the 99+ seats have. I have power seats now and would like to keep them so some splicing would need to be done. I guess I need to find some seats so I can have a look at and take some measurements of everything. Halfway decent deals on craigslist and not terrible deals on ebay.

Our '99 Tahoe had them and mom's '96 Tahoe ran them as well. Not a fan of those center consoles though. My only I-don't-like is the distance was short between the seat cushion and the floor like they sat low to the floor. That hurt my knees. I suppose a custom bracket could take care of that though.

I have seen some buckets (and console) that would work from some F*rds, but I can't bring myself to put that in my truck. We don't allow that four letter F word in our house and I'm afraid my truck will spontaneously combust.