3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bridestone Revo Tire Update on 2003 2500

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bridestone Revo Tire Update on 2003 2500

I haven't been following tire threads much but figured I would pass along that after a couple thousand miles, I'm very happy w/ new Bridestone Revo ATs in 265/70R17 load range E. I'm glad that they came out with E load rating in this size...wouldn't tow with anything else for safety sake. My BFG rugged trails had decent tread but were terrible as soon as the road got wet - could barely keep the rear end from breaking loose on starts (pretty light foot also!). At the first chance, I TRIED to break the new ones loose - held strong on wet pavement. The rugged tread is also really quiet on the hwy and tow great w/ my 10K 5th wheel. Can't wait to get some off road in with them but I'm sure they'll do great. I've owned BFG ATs on a previous dodge and like these better so far.

These will set you back about $200/tire + mount/balance but after I did a 180 into the intersection on a rainy day w/ Mom and Junior in the truck, selling the case to get new treads was pretty easy!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 PM

My parents had them on their old '98 F150. They preformed EXCELLENT in pretty much everything they could throw at them. They live on a dirt road in northern PA, in snow country. They just traded the '98 for an '06 F150 and I think they are going to be wishing they had those Revos back on come winter!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by juiceman03
I'm very happy w/ new Bridestone Revo ATs in 265/70R17 load range E.
Interesting
Could you tell me what the pound weight rating on the side of the tire is?
The website doesn't have this information
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Don't waist your time getting your tires balanced. Get yourself a set of Centramatic Balancers and solve all of your problems. It 's the best thing you could do for your self and your truck. All you will have to do from that point on is rotate the tires becasue they auto blalance themselfs.
I've got pics on my web site, no weights on tires and she runs smooth as a bibies bottom.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:27 AM

Thumbs up

I had a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on my Ford Excursion. They were by far the best Rain, Snow and Dry Pavement tires I have ever owned.
I can't wait to replace my Michelin highway tires with a set of Revo's.
If you go to a place like Tire Rack, you can do comparison of tires and you will find that the Revo is rated very high in all categories.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 AM

I just got mine about a month ago and love them. We just made a 2000 mile trip pulling 11K Travel Trailer and the tires were great on the road. I paid $900 out the door with tax and all at Tires Plus. I too switched out the OEM Michellin when I did a 360 in the rain through an intersection. On our most recent trip we had lots of rain and did not once feel any slip do to the wet pavement. So far I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good 265/70R/17 E tire.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx for the info.
I have been looking for a good all round tire to replace my Michelin A/S skins.
Truly awfull on anything but dry pavement.
I will check these Revo's out.
BTW..I have 2wd and run Toyo snows in the back in winter.
How are the Revo's in snow?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I have run two sets of them on my second gen. One of the best tires I have ever run without a doubt. They are an excellent tire for dry, wet and snow conditions. They do very well offroad as well. However they do not do so great in the mud. I thought they did well towing too. I got 58k out of my first set and over 60k on my second set. I switched over to toyo m55's this last go around. For only one reason. We have some land that I have to work on frequently and in the spring or anytime it rains it can be fairly muddy getting in and out and I thought I would be better served with a tire that would do better in the mud. The m55's(because I couldnt wait any longer on the open country mt's) that I switched too are doing well and I like them ok but they are way to noisy for me. They also do not have as good wet or dry traction as the revos. We will see what happens in the snow and honestly am sorry I switched.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Toto
Thanx for the info.
I have been looking for a good all round tire to replace my Michelin A/S skins.
Truly awfull on anything but dry pavement.
I will check these Revo's out.
BTW..I have 2wd and run Toyo snows in the back in winter.
How are the Revo's in snow?
I found the REVO's to be great in the snow.
I had them on a Ford Excursion, and I would tow a 4-place enclosed trailer through many snowstorms in the U.P. of Michigan.
There was a huge difference between them and all season tires.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

I was leaning towards a set of the Revos as they're one of the few 265/70-17 load range E tires available, they get good reviews, but I ended up with some of the new Goodyear 'Silent Armor' Wranglers in the same size and load range. The Goodyears have a 50k miles treadwear warranty, the Bridgestones don't, and the Goodyears are also severe snow rated, while the Bridgestones aren't. The rating is useful around here as they count as traction devices when they're required. I only have 5k miles on them, most of it warm to hot highway driving, and they seem to have worn maybe 1/16 inch. They seem to have good wet traction, the Michelins were marginal, they're smooth running when the road is, and they're unusual for an AT tire in that they're quieter than the OEM Michelins. If they last I'll get another set, based on what's available so far.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 PM

So how bad are the OEM tires on these trucks??

In snow and 4 wheel drive are they that bad??
Old 07-14-2006, 08:26 PM

"So how bad are the OEM tires on these trucks?? In snow and 4 wheel drive are they that bad??"

I didn't have any problems in snow, but even on frost, much less ice, they were worthless. I hand siped mine, which helped in the rain and maybe on packed snow. A friend that lives farther out had problems with his in deeper snow.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am getting about 75000 on my Rugged Trails ,mostly highway miles not bad for such a heavy truck ,my next set will probably be the Revo's
Old 07-16-2006, 10:29 PM

Can someone post a pic of their 265 Revo's on the truck?