3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Big Horn Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Horn Edition

In the General Diesel Discussion Forum some users inquired about the Big Horn Edition.
It is simply a package of popular options put together at a discount. For specifics go to the thread in General Diesel Discussion. I will post pictures of my truck in my gallery soon for anyone interested.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 PM

Yes you are correct. I was suprised to see a guy with dealer plates driving an '05 around today. It said "Big Horn Edition" right below the Ram 2500 letters.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:56 AM
rws

Mine's a "ThunderRoad".
Old 02-18-2005, 03:44 PM

Really? I thought the Thunder Roads were a Hemi sport edition...
Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM

A true BIG HORN EDITION is a short box hemi with the 20" wheels. Some dealers were given extra decals to put on vehicles in thier inventory. Some of these dealers put them on any trucks that they wanted to. The real dodge big horn edition however is as stated above with a few more accessories to boot.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Mine's an '05 and the window sticker says "Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn". That's the only place you see "Big Horn." No stickers decals or anything of the sort.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Hey Radman- does your truck have the same options listed in my sig?
Re: Travist post- The Big Horn option list is on the window sticker listed as :
Quad Cab Big Horn Value Group

Maybe it is an option available on all quad cabs? Just wondering where you got your info.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:22 AM

Commy...
Yep, that's what mine lists on the sticker. Except for the sliding rear, my dealer ordered with a rear window defroster. (Need that up here in Nebraska).
Looks like we got the same ride!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by TRAVIST
A true BIG HORN EDITION is a short box hemi with the 20" wheels. Some dealers were given extra decals to put on vehicles in thier inventory. Some of these dealers put them on any trucks that they wanted to. The real dodge big horn edition however is as stated above with a few more accessories to boot.
Not sure that I agree with that. I could be wrong though. Mine list, as the very first thing on the window sticker,

Model Year 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Big Horn Edition

Mine, as you can tell, is anything other than a short box hemi. It doesn’t have the Big Horn sticker anywhere on the truck and I wouldn’t want it anyway. They are advertising on TV special discounts for Big Horn Edition Dodges right now around here (including 2500-3500s). I have seen a few 3500’s running around with the Big Horn sticker but in my opinion, I don’t like them (the sticker that is). I’m not sure what all is included with the Big Horn Edition as it doesn’t say anymore on my window sticker other than a discount at the bottom. The one’s that I have seen with the sticker seem to have the same options as I do though.

Britt

Old 02-19-2005, 09:35 AM

I agree Britt... I don't want no stinkin' stickers like that on my rig... I never knew there was a Big Horn edition or whatever until I saw my window sticker. That's the ONLY place you see "Big Horn"
Old 02-19-2005, 11:26 AM

Personally I would like to remove all the placards on my ride- sort of junks it up. Any idea how to remove all those unneccessary things? Maybe a hairdryer to soften the adhesive? I could fill a box with all the placards on my ride. It's obvious it's a Dodge- why do they need to state it so boldly on every corner of the rig?
Old 02-19-2005, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Comstock
Personally I would like to remove all the placards on my ride- sort of junks it up. Any idea how to remove all those unneccessary things? Maybe a hairdryer to soften the adhesive? I could fill a box with all the placards on my ride. It's obvious it's a Dodge- why do they need to state it so boldly on every corner of the rig?
very easy. take a piece of fishing line and with a sawing motion slide the fishing line between the body and the molding. whatever glue/adhesive is left you can remove it with a glue remover. you can get the glue remover at any auto parts store. just be sure to wax the area with a high quality wax after removal. your truck will look smooth without all of the emblems. i removed all of mine off of the tailgate but i like the 3500 emblems on the door so i think i will keep them.

hope this helps

britt

Old 02-19-2005, 11:43 AM

Thanks T-7. Can't wait to remove all that stuff. By the way I became a firefighter last year (volunteer). If I had known it was so great I would have done it years ago.We have a small department and 8 really motivated members. The best thing I ever did.

I liked your flaming roof photos. Looked like a heck of a blaze.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by Comstock
Thanks T-7. Can't wait to remove all that stuff. By the way I became a firefighter last year (volunteer). If I had known it was so great I would have done it years ago.We have a small department and 8 really motivated members. The best thing I ever did.

I liked your flaming roof photos. Looked like a heck of a blaze.

not a problem.

good to hear about becoming a firefighter. it can be a very rewarding career. it always feels good to help someone in need.

in the picture, i'm in the very middle. it was pretty hot and the roof was pretty "soft". ended up losing the resturant. the fire got up into the attic from a grease cooker and the employee's didn't notify anyone until it was coming through the roof. resturant has been rebulit since then.

i see that you are from nevada. i used to go to Las Vegas 3 or 4 times a year. that was before the baby

britt

Old 02-19-2005, 01:04 PM

Also, there's a special rubber type wheel you can put in a drill to get rid of all the stick on-goo. Me... I just took it to a body shop and paid them 50 bucks to take them all off and clean it up nice good.

Oh, I left the CTD badge on there though of course.

Quick Reply: Big Horn Edition